Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Subaru New Forester Turbo

• Please log in to reply

joker98

Posted 09 May 2014 - 09:35 AM

joker98

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
QUOTE (vios2000 @ May 8 2014, 11:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't get leather seats but still I get the Harmon kardon player and speakers. Hope they don't change ice configuration, it is just nice for me. If you want a 2.0 DIT then you must pay a little lah... if not you can opt for the 2.0 NA FB series....but than...you missed all the fun..

Bro Joker98,
Lu mana? Bila mau tt balakong?

Cheers

Bro Vios....sorry sorry...been missing in action. A little bit tied up with unexpected stuff.

My schedule should free up in 2 weeks time. Let's TT then.

By the way, there is a new ECU map that you should go to the HQ to get updated. It is quite important to do so.

joker98

Posted 09 May 2014 - 09:42 AM

joker98

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
QUOTE (Balee @ May 7 2014, 06:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Asked a dealer in Setapak last week. He said there might be a discount of RM5k. Still very steep for a Jap's SUV.

Have you tried the BMW X1 and VW Tiguan?

I tried both and am utterly unimpressed given the price tag.

After that, the new FXT seems reasonable all of a sudden.

Balee

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:47 PM

Balee

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 997 posts
Never considered other models. I intend to get closer to nature getting into some bushes or waterfalls or caves or some other soft off-roading places. Bringing X1 and Tiguan to such places seems kinda 'wrong'. smile_big.gif

Performance wise, guess FXT at least equals both on the road and that to me is a bonus.

QUOTE (joker98 @ May 9 2014, 09:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have you tried the BMW X1 and VW Tiguan?

I tried both and am utterly unimpressed given the price tag.

After that, the new FXT seems reasonable all of a sudden.

vios2000

Posted 12 May 2014 - 08:46 AM

vios2000

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 444 posts
QUOTE (Balee @ May 10 2014, 12:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Never considered other models. I intend to get closer to nature getting into some bushes or waterfalls or caves or some other soft off-roading places. Bringing X1 and Tiguan to such places seems kinda 'wrong'. smile_big.gif

Performance wise, guess FXT at least equals both on the road and that to me is a bonus.

Mari Mari !! Forester is waiting for you ! Bro, Please bear in mind that this is CBU, once the RMY weaker against Dollar/Yen for sometime, I guess MI will raise price. I am sure you can find yourself a good deal if you are keen to get one.

Cheers

kennyng111

Posted 13 May 2014 - 10:47 AM

kennyng111

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
QUOTE (vios2000 @ May 12 2014, 08:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mari Mari !! Forester is waiting for you ! Bro, Please bear in mind that this is CBU, once the RMY weaker against Dollar/Yen for sometime, I guess MI will raise price. I am sure you can find yourself a good deal if you are keen to get one.

Cheers

I disagree -
1) lending rate expected to go up - more expensive HP loans : more cautious buyers : Subaru Msia (MI) may be hard pressed to keep momentum going (XV is selling very well for sure) and not raise prices "too high". This would affect all manufacturers, so it comes down to who can hold their position well (usual std brands is generally "safer")
2) Mitsubishi ASX - huge competition for XV, further pushing MI into a state of alertness,
3) Forester 2.0 n.a - cannibalism effect ? yes? no? This would not affect the die-hard fans of turbo

MI would have to be very sure of sales before they increase prices too high, too fast
My simple mind's opinion

vios2000

Posted 14 May 2014 - 02:45 PM

vios2000

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 444 posts
QUOTE (kennyng111 @ May 13 2014, 10:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I disagree -
1) lending rate expected to go up - more expensive HP loans : more cautious buyers : Subaru Msia (MI) may be hard pressed to keep momentum going (XV is selling very well for sure) and not raise prices "too high". This would affect all manufacturers, so it comes down to who can hold their position well (usual std brands is generally "safer")
2) Mitsubishi ASX - huge competition for XV, further pushing MI into a state of alertness,
3) Forester 2.0 n.a - cannibalism effect ? yes? no? This would not affect the die-hard fans of turbo

MI would have to be very sure of sales before they increase prices too high, too fast
My simple mind's opinion

Bro Kenny,

Who care about those CKD....ASX, XV ?? We are into Forester 2.0 XT CBU. smile_big.gif Wakakaka....

vios2000

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:11 AM

vios2000

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 444 posts
QUOTE (joker98 @ May 9 2014, 09:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro Vios....sorry sorry...been missing in action. A little bit tied up with unexpected stuff.

My schedule should free up in 2 weeks time. Let's TT then.

By the way, there is a new ECU map that you should go to the HQ to get updated. It is quite important to do so.

Paging paging......

Any body home?

Bro joker... how your ride lately? I just got an updated software and thereafter.. the throttle response is improved... when are going to poison me with your ride?

rallychamp

Posted 25 August 2014 - 04:17 PM

rallychamp

hands on habbit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,669 posts
old SF5 trolling around smile_shy.gif

*crazy drifter|| http://img225.images...gilalahlagi.jpg
*Drift King is Back!!|| http://img580.images...ahdkterbaik.jpg
(NFS Underground)

mulli

Posted 18 September 2014 - 10:58 PM

mulli

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts
is there a forum/facebook for forester 2.0 XT owners?

test drove the forester yesterday, superb acceleration... salesman did not give any dicounts.

vios2000

Posted 19 September 2014 - 11:09 AM

vios2000

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 444 posts
QUOTE (mulli @ Sep 18 2014, 10:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
is there a forum/facebook for forester 2.0 XT owners?

test drove the forester yesterday, superb acceleration... salesman did not give any dicounts.

Welcome to the club... indeed it is a fun suv to drive.... you will appreciate its awd in the wet conditions too.