Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Accord Based Perdana In The Works

• Please log in to reply

sudha

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:02 PM

sudha

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
Wah.. this is ceratinly news. I'm sure the Proton fans would be excited especially the Perdana owners. Looks like the Accord based Perdana will be a reality.

This was mentioned a while back by Proton but this is probably a more realistic - they just filed a trademark for the name -Proton Suprima

The report speculates this to be the Perdana replacement and I don't doubt it. Lets see how this unfolds..
Fear on Race Day

TheGunner

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:08 AM

TheGunner

Knight Rider

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,953 posts
QUOTE (sudha @ Apr 24 2013, 09:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wah.. this is ceratinly news. I'm sure the Proton fans would be excited especially the Perdana owners. Looks like the Accord based Perdana will be a reality.

This was mentioned a while back by Proton but this is probably a more realistic - they just filed a trademark for the name -Proton Suprima

The report speculates this to be the Perdana replacement and I don't doubt it. Lets see how this unfolds..

Makes sense. The next Accord is due to arrive later this year, so letting Proton have the current one is not a bad idea for a good many reasons.
The Gunner

Proud to be a Gunner

BSDriver

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:09 AM

BSDriver

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 634 posts
QUOTE (TheGunner @ Apr 25 2013, 06:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Makes sense. The next Accord is due to arrive later this year, so letting Proton have the current one is not a bad idea for a good many reasons.

Bad news for accord owners ....
BSDriver

mosh

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:08 AM

mosh

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts
QUOTE (BSDriver @ Apr 25 2013, 08:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bad news for accord owners ....

don't think so. last time during inspira. they say its gonna affect lancer owner and its sales. but there is none pun. lancer owner not affected plus they got some alternative spare part selection from proton that some of them cheaper than mitsubishi oem.

kcng

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:42 AM

kcng

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
its gonna be awkward when accord owners buying their parts from Proton Parts Center..
smile_big.gif

even more awkward when the same parts that cost RM 900 in Honda Official SC, cost only RM 400 in Proton SC.
smile_big.gif

Gunnerzz

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:39 PM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
QUOTE (kcng @ Apr 25 2013, 11:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
its gonna be awkward when accord owners buying their parts from Proton Parts Center..
smile_big.gif

even more awkward when the same parts that cost RM 900 in Honda Official SC, cost only RM 400 in Proton SC.
smile_big.gif

Even even more awkward when the part comes with the exact same packaging as from Honda sc.

Well, Perdana really needs a replacement. The market is there but it must be a strike from proton.

br1

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:27 PM

br1

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts
QUOTE (mosh @ Apr 25 2013, 10:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
don't think so. last time during inspira. they say its gonna affect lancer owner and its sales. but there is none pun. lancer owner not affected plus they got some alternative spare part selection from proton that some of them cheaper than mitsubishi oem.

I think affect from one of my friend experience, as soon as the inspira is out - he sold off his 6 months old lancer (lost 20k), just to get the max value and also to stay a class above - that what he think.

ckl050877

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:20 AM

ckl050877

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 765 posts
QUOTE (br1 @ Apr 25 2013, 07:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think affect from one of my friend experience, as soon as the inspira is out - he sold off his 6 months old lancer (lost 20k), just to get the max value and also to stay a class above - that what he think.

Yes, other car manufacturers can co-operate with Proton or Perodua but please do not ever sell their models to 2Ps.

First, their reputation becomes bad and sales will definitely drop..............Do you still dare to buy the brand if you need to worry when will the model transfer under P badge? Just like Mitsubishi Lancer!

Proton need to learn technology when co-operate with others and not keep copy their model directly. Since when Proton wants to grow up?

ckl050877

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:23 AM

ckl050877

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 765 posts
Why Proton mentions it as Perdana replacement if they have decided not to use the same name?

Other car manufacturers only change their current model replacement to other name if the sales is low or there are too many problems for the model.

A god car model should be continued!

Loser!

kcng

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:17 AM

kcng

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
i wan a M3 at a myvi price...