Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Toyota Should Recall All The Toyota Camry,

• Please log in to reply

lukeraj

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:34 PM

lukeraj

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 368 posts
The problem with the brake continues ,I have changed my Brake disc and pad 4 times over the last 2 years, and the problem recurring again and again.
Toyota Malaysia choose not to comment on this officially but quietly admit there is a problem with the brakes.
Malaysia Camry owners and drivers life at stake do not compromise, we pay huge amount for the quality but we are taken for a ride, .

Toyota should recall all Camry sold last 2 years and find a permanent solution, before somebody die due to the brake manufacturing defects.

lukeraj

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:53 PM

lukeraj

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 368 posts
They fixed again my brake disk and pad the fourth time in less than 2 years, I am going to to take it to Toyota HQ with the media and demand for a permanent resolution , who want to follow me will fix a date sometime next week, I got 80 of camry owners want to join me let me know

davido

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:20 PM

davido

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Not sure why, but my brakes still feels like it was when I took delivery five years ago.
Why would Toyota want to recall all the Camrys? I wouldn't want to send it back to rectify my perfectly working brakes.

nuggyn

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:34 PM

nuggyn

Bullit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,799 posts
A toyota.... having problem?
IMPOSSIBLE! It's a toyota!

voldai

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:44 PM

voldai

3rd Gear

• Members
  • 3 posts
Twice a owner of a Toyota cars. Both of the cars have encounter nasty accident due to poor stopping distance and instability of the vehicle. After the incidents, No more Toyota for me. I do not have problem with European or Korean cars.

topgun88

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:21 PM

topgun88

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts
QUOTE (lukeraj @ Dec 14 2012, 03:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The problem with the brake continues ,I have changed my Brake disc and pad 4 times over the last 2 years, and the problem recurring again and again.
Toyota Malaysia choose not to comment on this officially but quietly admit there is a problem with the brakes.
Malaysia Camry owners and drivers life at stake do not compromise, we pay huge amount for the quality but we are taken for a ride, .

Toyota should recall all Camry sold last 2 years and find a permanent solution, before somebody die due to the brake manufacturing defects.

Actually what is wrong with your camry brake, why changed disc and pad 4 times over 2 years but still problems?

aw2013

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:10 PM

aw2013

2nd Gear

• Members
  • 2 posts
QUOTE (lukeraj @ Dec 26 2012, 04:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They fixed again my brake disk and pad the fourth time in less than 2 years, I am going to to take it to Toyota HQ with the media and demand for a permanent resolution , who want to follow me will fix a date sometime next week, I got 80 of camry owners want to join me let me know

aw2013

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:18 PM

aw2013

2nd Gear

• Members
  • 2 posts
QUOTE (lukeraj @ Dec 26 2012, 04:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi, Lukeraj, i also noticed the brake pad obvious noise as the steering wheel is turned slowly as we park the car. is that the problem you are talking about? i have many other problems, and have complained to HQ Shah Alam, to no avail, they are equally poor in customer service.

Soh

markii

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:15 PM

markii

3rd Gear

• Members
  • 3 posts
QUOTE (aw2013 @ Feb 18 2013, 12:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi, Lukeraj, i also noticed the brake pad obvious noise as the steering wheel is turned slowly as we park the car. is that the problem you are talking about? i have many other problems, and have complained to HQ Shah Alam, to no avail, they are equally poor in customer service.

Soh

markii

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:50 PM

markii

3rd Gear

• Members
  • 3 posts
Hi All,
While trying to look for more info regarding New Toyota Camry's (Apr 2012 less than a year) Brake Concern, as I just got myself into an accident during CNY, and it seemed to me that when there was an accident infront (cars stop abruptly), and I step immediately on the brake, however the feeling I had was that the car was still moving fast, and hit into the back of the car infront. Seems to me the brake stopping distance was poor. However I am not sure the technical details, as I have spoken to Toyota, and according they will need to perform test only after the repair. I would love to talk some of you who has similar problems..
MK