Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Car Vs Bike

• Please log in to reply

ckl050877

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:43 PM

ckl050877

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 765 posts
I do not know how to ride a bike. Therefore, I woulod like to ask those who own both car and bike.

Can you accept as car driver to the bad bike riding habits of those motorcyclists?

Example:
1) Suddenly cross from one lane to other in front of you.
2) Car MUST let bike to go first
3) Bike knockes your car is alright, but once car knockes bike, you are in trouble
4) Force through between cars during traffic jam

SmallBug

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:46 AM

SmallBug

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,919 posts
QUOTE (ckl050877 @ Nov 7 2012, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I do not know how to ride a bike. Therefore, I woulod like to ask those who own both car and bike.

Can you accept as car driver to the bad bike riding habits of those motorcyclists?

Example:
3) Bike knockes your car is alright, but once car knockes bike, you are in trouble

1. No. Only with proper signalling and if it is safe to do so.
2. No, generally. But then depends on the scenario. Sometimes it is safer and more convenient to do so.
3. Never alright. Looks bad for the driver though.
4. How would you define 'force'?

!

ckl050877

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:21 AM

ckl050877

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 765 posts
QUOTE (SmallBug @ Nov 8 2012, 05:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1. No. Only with proper signalling and if it is safe to do so.
2. No, generally. But then depends on the scenario. Sometimes it is safer and more convenient to do so.
3. Never alright. Looks bad for the driver though.
4. How would you define 'force'?

Force? Use both leg to step on your car and knock your side mirror.

rallychamp

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:45 PM

rallychamp

hands on habbit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,669 posts
QUOTE (ckl050877 @ Nov 8 2012, 08:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Force? Use both leg to step on your car and knock your side mirror.

i do agree with smallbug....

and why did those bike knock your side mirror if u stay in proper lane and not on between 2lanes....because me use both bike and cars....

never did kena knock by other bike while i'm driving....once in a while when i was riding sure some of cars kena or near miss my handle with their fender/sidemirror....

most due to car change direction/lane without proper distance check.....

i suggest u if u getting tired of your sidemirror being knocked...so better check your driving skills...drive in proper lane no matter straight or thru corners...and give signal very-very early to change lane/direction....bike cannot do emergency brake...so once their path suddenly blocked....the rider and your car depends on pure luck and road condition...either near miss or knocked over....

and remember during this heavy rain season which made the road even more slippery, bike cannot stop in short distant like cars...

overally and more important....dont take corners while makan jalan (eating other people lane) (*a reminder to all including me)

*crazy drifter|| http://img225.images...gilalahlagi.jpg
*Drift King is Back!!|| http://img580.images...ahdkterbaik.jpg
(NFS Underground)

ckl050877

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:06 PM

ckl050877

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 765 posts
QUOTE (rallychamp @ Nov 8 2012, 02:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i do agree with smallbug....

and why did those bike knock your side mirror if u stay in proper lane and not on between 2lanes....because me use both bike and cars....

First if I can control other to be middle of the lane!
Second, if I have power to ask the lane to be std width! Some roads were initially 2 lanes but after added anopther half lane width, they becomes 3 lanes road!

cute_boboi

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:40 AM

cute_boboi

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,883 posts
QUOTE (ckl050877 @ Nov 7 2012, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Example:

I used to ride kapchai, can't afford car previously.

1) Depends on situation. I always ride on the left most lane, but sometimes on a 2-3-4 lane road, I need to keep-right to turn right at the next junction. So, I have to cross lane. Also, along roads, sometimes we (as motorcyclist) have to prepare earlier to cross from left lane to middle lane, as the left lane is exit interchange (left) and we want to go straight, especially on roads/highways which is smooth and cars go fast like 80-100km/h, some sort like 100-300m in advance.

2) Not necessary, but depends on situation. In traffic situation, no matter what, car will lose to motorcycles, as motorcycles can go in-between. But on smooth road/highway, it's the opposite.

3) That's how our local M'sian law works.

4) This is normal. When there is space, and to save time. For car drivers, please align your car properly to the car in front, in proper lane. Don't keep your car left/right like this:

|β–ˆΒ | β–ˆ|
| β–ˆ|β–ˆ |
|β–ˆ | β–ˆ|

Otherwise, motorcyclist may just bang the car side-mirror, or scratch the side of the car. If want to change lane, do it earlier. If stuck in jam, why cars need to keep changing lanes ? If not changing lanes, then align properly like this:

| β–ˆ | β–ˆ |
| β–ˆ | β–ˆ |
| β–ˆ | β–ˆ |

"When Columbus started out he didn`t know where he was going. When he got there he didn`t know where he was and when he got back he didn`t know where he had been." - Anonymous

rallychamp

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:04 PM

rallychamp

hands on habbit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,669 posts
QUOTE (ckl050877 @ Nov 8 2012, 10:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
First if I can control other to be middle of the lane!
Second, if I have power to ask the lane to be std width! Some roads were initially 2 lanes but after added anopther half lane width, they becomes 3 lanes road!

if those happens during lane width change then u should be angry....

but if that happens due to driver cutting que and making "illegal extra lane" then no wonder bike hit the side mirror.....

what i'm really sure from my experience was..if cars were driven properly like cute_boboi's diagram i don't think any of those bike wanted to hit or bump onto somebody's car for fun....after all those bike also on the way to work...not on the way for trouble.....

so be courteous no matter what vehicle we were in/on.... smile_thumbup.gif

*on another note...i noticed that most "idiot" driver would drive really-really fast then suddenly made-up their mind to take junction/exits at the very last moment and make other driver to do emergency brake and crossing from far left lane to far right lane and vice-versa(also disturbing smooth traffic flow)

*crazy drifter|| http://img225.images...gilalahlagi.jpg
*Drift King is Back!!|| http://img580.images...ahdkterbaik.jpg
(NFS Underground)

cute_boboi

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:27 AM

cute_boboi

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,883 posts
QUOTE (rallychamp @ Nov 9 2012, 06:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what i'm really sure from my experience was..if cars were driven properly like cute_boboi's diagram i don't think any of those bike wanted to hit or bump onto somebody's car for fun....after all those bike also on the way to work...not on the way for trouble.....

I can tell you it is not fun. Compared to a stationary car, the kapchai handle-bar is very light, even when hit with the moveable-side-mirror. The probability of falling down or turn sideways and hit the car fender is there. Also, the probability of hitting our knuckles/fingers are there, and it is painful.

We (when I'm riding kapchai) do not want to purposely hit the car's side mirror.

However, I do not agree with some kapchai who go super fast in between stationary cars in non-moving traffic jam. Just ride slowly 5-25km/h between cars lah.

"When Columbus started out he didn`t know where he was going. When he got there he didn`t know where he was and when he got back he didn`t know where he had been." - Anonymous

ckl050877

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:17 PM

ckl050877

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 765 posts
QUOTE (rallychamp @ Nov 9 2012, 06:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if those happens during lane width change then u should be angry....

but if that happens due to driver cutting que and making "illegal extra lane" then no wonder bike hit the side mirror.....

so be courteous no matter what vehicle we were in/on.... smile_thumbup.gif

*on another note...i noticed that most "idiot" driver would drive really-really fast then suddenly made-up their mind to take junction/exits at the very last moment and make other driver to do emergency brake and crossing from far left lane to far right lane and vice-versa(also disturbing smooth traffic flow)

2 scenarios here.

Drivers that do not know where he/she wants to go. May see this lane faster, turn out and out of sudden, original is faster, turn in again and has to stop due to traffic. Cause others in trouble.

Second, if the width is really small, why still force yourself through?

kohf1drive

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:51 AM

kohf1drive

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts
when car driver is smoking, it's best to kept their hand within the side mirror range
there is chance driver hand being hit by bike side mirror