Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Proton Saga Loud Cvt Noise When Half-accelerating

• Please log in to reply

tpy1994

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:47 PM

tpy1994

2nd Gear

• Members
  • 2 posts

Hello,

Mileage = 4200 km

1. I've been driving my Proton Saga 1.6 FLX SE since April (5 months already). There was no abnormally loud noise when accelerating (Only gradually getting louder when rpm climbs).
Only recently, after I drove from Setapak to KLIA and back, there is this apparent, loud, (not whining sound, but quite rough) noise when I press pedal to around 2500rpm. The range for the loud noise is very narrow, when I release pedal a little, the noise goes away. Or I step beyond 2500rpm to around 3k, the noise goes away as well.

2. When pedal braking from low speed to stop, there's this knocking sound (tuk, tuk tuk) coming from the back of the car. Is it because of faulty rear drum brakes? This sound was already noticeable when new.

Any answers and solutions? Please help.

Thanks.

Nabworld

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:56 PM

Nabworld

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts
if its whining thn its jus the cvt...if jus loud noise thn sting is not right....send to SC as it could be more serious

does ur accelerator vibrate as well ?
ur second problem is common...infact im not aware of anyone who havent claimed a set for rear drums from SC...!

hisyammmm

Posted 15 May 2014 - 04:07 PM

hisyammmm

1st Gear

• Members
  • 1 posts
QUOTE (tpy1994 @ Oct 5 2012, 04:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello,

Mileage = 4200 km

1. I've been driving my Proton Saga 1.6 FLX SE since April (5 months already). There was no abnormally loud noise when accelerating (Only gradually getting louder when rpm climbs).
Only recently, after I drove from Setapak to KLIA and back, there is this apparent, loud, (not whining sound, but quite rough) noise when I press pedal to around 2500rpm. The range for the loud noise is very narrow, when I release pedal a little, the noise goes away. Or I step beyond 2500rpm to around 3k, the noise goes away as well.

2. When pedal braking from low speed to stop, there's this knocking sound (tuk, tuk tuk) coming from the back of the car. Is it because of faulty rear drum brakes? This sound was already noticeable when new.

Any answers and solutions? Please help.

Thanks.

Sorry for commenting on an old post, butmy car seems to be doing the same thing. Accelerating below 2500rpm seems fine, but then above 2500rpm, it gets extremely loud, like the car is struggling for power. If i go higher, then the noise goes a little bit quieter.

Did you do anything to your car since this post?