Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Alfa 147 Fair Price/value

• Please log in to reply

flavalava

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:50 PM

flavalava

4th Gear

• Members
  • 4 posts
Hi all,

I'm currently looking for a facelifted 147, and it seems very difficult to get one these days.

I recently found a seller (independent car dealer) who has a 2006 147 2.0l, recond from japan, 70k+ mileage, but with a price tag of RM125k! [smilie=umm.gif]

I think it's overpriced and i want to bargain as much as i can. I tested the car and fell in love almost immediately due to the roaring engine note, lol. Condition is tip top, accident free, clean engine.

Can some here give me some advice on the value and fair price of the car please? thanks...

perhaps i need an alfa technician to follow me for a test drive again, so that he could roughly judge the actual condition of the engine and the whole car.

alphawolf

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:33 PM

alphawolf

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts
QUOTE (flavalava @ Oct 3 2012, 09:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi all,

I'm currently looking for a facelifted 147, and it seems very difficult to get one these days.

I recently found a seller (independent car dealer) who has a 2006 147 2.0l, recond from japan, 70k+ mileage, but with a price tag of RM125k! [smilie=umm.gif]

I think it's overpriced and i want to bargain as much as i can. I tested the car and fell in love almost immediately due to the roaring engine note, lol. Condition is tip top, accident free, clean engine.

Can some here give me some advice on the value and fair price of the car please? thanks...

perhaps i need an alfa technician to follow me for a test drive again, so that he could roughly judge the actual condition of the engine and the whole car.

That's the problem with those newer Alfas isn't it. Once you get in and drove it, you can't help but be in love with it. Just like a beautiful woman, you'll have the steammiest of times and the worst of times with it smile_approve.gif

From my not-so scientific method of research using Mudah.my, I deduced that the prices usually ranges from 35k to 45k for a pre-facelifted 2004 model..can't find any on the facelifted model you are looking for, but my guess is that it will be around 50k to 60k...

If i were you, i would save some money and go for this 2009 159 instead :

http://www.mudah.my/...59-18140453.htm

smile_thumbup.gif

flavalava

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:31 PM

flavalava

4th Gear

• Members
  • 4 posts
QUOTE (alphawolf @ Oct 4 2012, 01:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's the problem with those newer Alfas isn't it. Once you get in and drove it, you can't help but be in love with it. Just like a beautiful woman, you'll have the steammiest of times and the worst of times with it smile_approve.gif

From my not-so scientific method of research using Mudah.my, I deduced that the prices usually ranges from 35k to 45k for a pre-facelifted 2004 model..can't find any on the facelifted model you are looking for, but my guess is that it will be around 50k to 60k...

If i were you, i would save some money and go for this 2009 159 instead :

http://www.mudah.my/...59-18140453.htm

smile_thumbup.gif

Exactly! lol.

Yeah, it should be no more than 90k to be honest. The salesman told me that it's not registered yet in Malaysia, that's why it's expensive.. (imo...BS...)... Maybe i could use prices from Mudah to debate and bargain. It's a 6 years old car for god sake! Jacked up price, wth right?

Btw, the 159 is cheaper than that 147 that i was offered, lol, plus its newer and lesser mileage done. It's a beauuutiifulll car indeed! If they can't lower the price for that 147, then i might as well consider this 159. hmmm....

Thanks for the link chief!

alphawolf

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:53 PM

alphawolf

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts
QUOTE (flavalava @ Oct 4 2012, 09:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Exactly! lol.

Yeah, it should be no more than 90k to be honest. The salesman told me that it's not registered yet in Malaysia, that's why it's expensive.. (imo...BS...)... Maybe i could use prices from Mudah to debate and bargain. It's a 6 years old car for god sake! Jacked up price, wth right?

Btw, the 159 is cheaper than that 147 that i was offered, lol, plus its newer and lesser mileage done. It's a beauuutiifulll car indeed! If they can't lower the price for that 147, then i might as well consider this 159. hmmm....

Thanks for the link chief!

welcome man, happy to help a person who loves Alfas and has the "bola-bola" to consider owning one. I love Alfas too (when i was young, i pasted newspaper advertisements of 146s and 145s on my wall), but sadly, tak cukup bola to own one smile_blackeye.gif . If i am more mechanically-inclined, would love to get myself a ex-Alfisti's 146 TI, just for fun.

Honestly, the price offered by the dealer for the 147 is utterly ridiculous...maybe he has sensed your "desperation" lol

Yeah, that 159 looks fantastic...would love to drive around naked surrounded by those leather seats smile_tongue.gif . But
watch out for gearbox...it seems to be a more problematic part of a 156 and 159.. It would be utterly perfect if it has a manual gearbox...always felt that real Alfas should have manual gearboxes.

Ultimately it's your choice, but do let us know of your final decision smile_thumbup.gif

GURJIT

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:41 PM

GURJIT

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 628 posts
Being a 159 owner, the built quality of the car is way way better the 147 you were talking about. And its newer, handles extremely well and looks gorgeous too. The Selespeed on the 159 has been much improved compared to 156/147. According to S'pore owners who got their 159 way before us (2006 to be exact),the selespeed has been fairly reliable.

Test drive one and you'll be impressed!

alphawolf

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:44 PM

alphawolf

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts
hoo hoo this must be the car TS is talking about

http://www.mudah.my/...06-17534384.htm

smile_blush.gif

alphawolf

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:48 PM

alphawolf

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts
QUOTE (GURJIT @ Oct 5 2012, 04:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Being a 159 owner, the built quality of the car is way way better the 147 you were talking about. And its newer, handles extremely well and looks gorgeous too. The Selespeed on the 159 has been much improved compared to 156/147. According to S'pore owners who got their 159 way before us (2006 to be exact),the selespeed has been fairly reliable.

I would love to get a Alfa Romeo...how's SDAC's service? Is it good and reasonably priced?

Nowadays, Alfas are such rarity....only saw one Mito at Bangsar last year, no Giulietta and not many 159s.. sad. I think I saw more Lamborghini Gallardos than 159s le.

flavalava

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:27 PM

flavalava

4th Gear

• Members
  • 4 posts
QUOTE (alphawolf @ Oct 4 2012, 09:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
welcome man, happy to help a person who loves Alfas and has the "bola-bola" to consider owning one. I love Alfas too (when i was young, i pasted newspaper advertisements of 146s and 145s on my wall), but sadly, tak cukup bola to own one smile_blackeye.gif . If i am more mechanically-inclined, would love to get myself a ex-Alfisti's 146 TI, just for fun.

Honestly, the price offered by the dealer for the 147 is utterly ridiculous...maybe he has sensed your "desperation" lol

Yeah, that 159 looks fantastic...would love to drive around naked surrounded by those leather seats smile_tongue.gif . But
watch out for gearbox...it seems to be a more problematic part of a 156 and 159.. It would be utterly perfect if it has a manual gearbox...always felt that real Alfas should have manual gearboxes.

Ultimately it's your choice, but do let us know of your final decision smile_thumbup.gif

I don't really have much 'mulah' to spend too, that's why i cant afford 125k, lol. Well, the price tag is 125k on paper, but went i asked for final best price, he said 118k... pfftt.... he said AP owner doesn't want to lower the price. Even he and his boss agreed that the price is too high, but he said they can't do anything about it.. hmm... He also mentioned that there are number of ppl who inquired also commented that the price is just too high. I don't think any one will want to buy if it's above 100k. (unless your pocket is very deep) I wonder how long the car will remain in the showroom. Hopefully they will reduce the price if they can't get any buyer. What's the point of keeping the car to rust right?

QUOTE (GURJIT @ Oct 5 2012, 04:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wanted a hatch/smaller car hence why i decided to opt for 147. But i guess I'll just have to wait for any other offer.
I'll definitely want to test drive one. Maybe yours? smile_tongue.gif

QUOTE (alphawolf @ Oct 5 2012, 05:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hoo hoo this must be the car TS is talking about

http://www.mudah.my/...06-17534384.htm

smile_blush.gif

Correct. Here's another link to it: http://www.oto.my/ca...-2.0-a-selangor

roocarroll

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:41 PM

roocarroll

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 597 posts
There is a 2001 model for RM33k: http://www.oto.my/ca...47-kuala-lumpur

It would probably be less heartbreaking to burn the RM33k, though.

enduser

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:02 PM

enduser

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 470 posts
aiyo... go to alfa forum here la... http://www.italiaaut...wforum.php?f=20

[WTS] Alfa 159 - 2010 seeking a new home ...rm130k