Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Malaysian Highway Rules

• Please log in to reply

vr2turbo

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:11 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (jamespaul @ Oct 22 2012, 05:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
anyone noticed that our highway at night that the speed trap camera flashes??

i was driving north from Seremban. around 301 km marker, suddenly there was a big flash of light.

this AES system can be dangerous to be flashing bright light at night!

Many mentioned is quite far away and does not blind.....

Dmax7

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:30 PM

Dmax7

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Oct 24 2012, 10:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Many mentioned is quite far away and does not blind.....

It is just after the road barrier.

I also kena flashed while driving at 90km/hr. Wonder whether it was flashing at the vehicle on the opposite lane or camera mul-function? There was one car overtaking mine but was speeding further away before AES flashed.

Have to monitor whether kena innocent saman for the coming months.

vr2turbo

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:16 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (Dmax7 @ Oct 24 2012, 01:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It is just after the road barrier.

I also kena flashed while driving at 90km/hr. Wonder whether it was flashing at the vehicle on the opposite lane or camera mul-function? There was one car overtaking mine but was speeding further away before AES flashed.

Have to monitor whether kena innocent saman for the coming months.

I have been traveling on Old Klang Road often these few days, and the AES at Pearl Point, seems to flash even when all cars have stopped at the traffic lights. I was going the other way. Funny, right? or malfunction?

cute_boboi

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:16 PM

cute_boboi

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,883 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Oct 25 2012, 11:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have been traveling on Old Klang Road often these few days, and the AES at Pearl Point, seems to flash even when all cars have stopped at the traffic lights. I was going the other way. Funny, right? or malfunction?

Maybe Malaysia Boleh style.

The camera hentam aje. Take all photos. Then send photo & summon to you, threaten first ...
Then the onus is on you to prove you not breaking red-light. Malaysia Boleh! smile_blackeye.gif
"When Columbus started out he didn`t know where he was going. When he got there he didn`t know where he was and when he got back he didn`t know where he had been." - Anonymous

vr2turbo

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:42 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (cute_boboi @ Oct 25 2012, 12:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe Malaysia Boleh style.

The camera hentam aje. Take all photos. Then send photo & summon to you, threaten first ...
Then the onus is on you to prove you not breaking red-light. Malaysia Boleh! smile_blackeye.gif

But the thing is all cars waiting in line at traffic lights. What pics will they have?.... smile_big.gif

cute_boboi

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:41 PM

cute_boboi

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,883 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Oct 25 2012, 03:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But the thing is all cars waiting in line at traffic lights. What pics will they have?.... smile_big.gif

Got motorcycles keep inching forward or not at the zebra crossing ? smile_tongue.gif

"When Columbus started out he didn`t know where he was going. When he got there he didn`t know where he was and when he got back he didn`t know where he had been." - Anonymous

raydenstan

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:38 AM

raydenstan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Not just that, even for those red light beater AES cams too the flashes are super bright!
I get to experienced it when was caught in a deadlock at the traffic light at Jalan Ipoh to sentul link....
Imagine if you are looking right at it and it flashes....omfg.....

vr2turbo

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:58 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (cute_boboi @ Oct 25 2012, 05:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Got motorcycles keep inching forward or not at the zebra crossing ? smile_tongue.gif

That not sure as I am on the other side, but I thought the sensor is further out?

Dmax7

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:17 PM

Dmax7

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
Wonder would it flash if motorbikes running red lights?

jamespaul

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:23 AM

jamespaul

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts
QUOTE (SmallBug @ Oct 23 2012, 08:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For epileptics, you mean?

nope. for anyone. driving at night is rather dark. sudden bright light may blind the driver for a few seconds.

like being taken with a DSLR with a big flash, you usually get blinded for a bit.