Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

How Lemon Is Your Lemon Car?

• Please log in to reply

begins

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:24 PM

begins

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
I should have a good laugh at myself. I know how to help others to spot problems when shopping for used car but I instead bought a lemon car without following the practices I preached . The least I should have done is to send to AD for inspection but I choose not to.

The problems are:

1. Within 2 days, oil pump leaked and petrol pissed out at Petrol station. How dangerous!
2. Within 3 days, realised the front right bulb always blown and need to change a module.
3. Within a few days, tyre burst, luckily not much cars on the road.
4. Within 1 week, oil return hose for both front suspension broke and one of them, I still cant find the part.
5. With 1.5 week, when going to AD to change oil, checked that front 2 caliper faulty, engine mounting and etc need to change. Also realized underbody windshield cover is torn and haven't replace yet.
6. Within 2 weeks, cars towed twice. One for gear selector came loose and one for faulty fuse box.
7. Within 3rd week, went for NSHW sprint and realized gearbox stuck at 4.5k rpm
8. Within 1 month, rear boot keep producing piak piak sound don't know from where?
9. Within 2 months, interior roof farbic cover started to drop.

There are other minor things like side mirror closing got sound, creaking sound from doors (resolved by putting sound proof pads) and now I realize that new wiper started to do disco when it rains......

I guess enough to send someone go crazy .

Otherwise, this car still drives like a car.

Hahahaha.....

Regards,

ensaaj1969

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:26 AM

ensaaj1969

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
QUOTE (begins @ Jul 2 2012, 11:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I should have a good laugh at myself. I know how to help others to spot problems when shopping for used car but I instead bought a lemon car without following the practices I preached . The least I should have done is to send to AD for inspection but I choose not to.

The problems are:

1. Within 2 days, oil pump leaked and petrol pissed out at Petrol station. How dangerous!
2. Within 3 days, realised the front right bulb always blown and need to change a module.
3. Within a few days, tyre burst, luckily not much cars on the road.
4. Within 1 week, oil return hose for both front suspension broke and one of them, I still cant find the part.
5. With 1.5 week, when going to AD to change oil, checked that front 2 caliper faulty, engine mounting and etc need to change. Also realized underbody windshield cover is torn and haven't replace yet.
6. Within 2 weeks, cars towed twice. One for gear selector came loose and one for faulty fuse box.
7. Within 3rd week, went for NSHW sprint and realized gearbox stuck at 4.5k rpm
8. Within 1 month, rear boot keep producing piak piak sound don't know from where?
9. Within 2 months, interior roof farbic cover started to drop.

There are other minor things like side mirror closing got sound, creaking sound from doors (resolved by putting sound proof pads) and now I realize that new wiper started to do disco when it rains......

I guess enough to send someone go crazy .

Otherwise, this car still drives like a car.

Hahahaha.....

Regards,

Dear bro begin

I think you still have a long way to go, after I spend a lotfor my c4, I have a strong tendency to unconsciously drive the car, can use one hand to take corners at 140kmh. But I have to give ways to c5, the car is much much faster. Take care man

Aziz
Abdul aziz jaafar
My Best Old Man Toy : Citroen C4 2005

lingomalingo

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:12 PM

lingomalingo

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 362 posts
Mr.Begin,
Maybe u only suffer at the beginning, then it will be stabilized for a few months. Then it will come again.
U still hvent got the front return hose? No stock in JB ka?

Huarrrrgh

begins

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:53 PM

begins

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
QUOTE (lingomalingo @ Jul 3 2012, 04:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mr.Begin,
Maybe u only suffer at the beginning, then it will be stabilized for a few months. Then it will come again.
U still hvent got the front return hose? No stock in JB ka?

Actually, it is more than just the hose. The other end of the hose actually connected to the black stuff, which has broken. I really don't know how to order this part.

I hope that with all the minor issue tackled and settled, the car can last me for another 5 years.

Regards,

Attached Thumbnails

• Photo0376.jpg
  • Photo0379.jpg

begins

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:57 PM

begins

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
QUOTE (ensaaj1969 @ Jul 3 2012, 12:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dear bro begin

I think you still have a long way to go, after I spend a lotfor my c4, I have a strong tendency to unconsciously drive the car, can use one hand to take corners at 140kmh. But I have to give ways to c5, the car is much much faster. Take care man

Aziz

Haha....you sure or not? The C5 is so heavy at 1.8 ton and 0-100 is only 10sec.

The previous installed the Simota carbon air-intake system, which to me is noisy and too big. Getting the original back is expensive. Do you an aftermarket air-intake system?

Forgotten to mention that the speakers (front and rear) also burst and have to change. Right side of the wiper, also disco up and down when wiping. Change my wiper twice already...don't know how.

Regards,

xantiaBFY

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:00 AM

xantiaBFY

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 967 posts
QUOTE (begins @ Jul 3 2012, 09:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually, it is more than just the hose. The other end of the hose actually connected to the black stuff, which has broken. I really don't know how to order this part.

I hope that with all the minor issue tackled and settled, the car can last me for another 5 years.

Regards,

that black stuff is the one near the bottom of the strut? I think euromotive have it.....try calling them.

mangkokayo

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:18 PM

mangkokayo

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 325 posts
omg that's a long list bro...for me i cannot put up a list yet....my c4 is just 7k km old...hehe....but hopefully mine is not a lemon, but a tongkat ali

human

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:48 AM

human

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts

Regards,

that hose quite easy to find, just call citroen spare part shop.. I bought that from asli auto around rm80

lingomalingo

Posted 05 July 2012 - 01:07 PM

lingomalingo

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 362 posts

Regards,

The hose came together with the black stuff(as shown in yr 1st foto). The black stuf is attached to the suspension strut by the metal clip. Don't ever loose the clip. It is specially design to hold the black stuff. Can't easily get it in the spare parts shop. U must use 'Burung Kakak Tua' plier in order to attach the clip to the strut.
Maybe u can order from WH auto in KL (0379834920). I think it is about RM190 per pc. Gud luck

Huarrrrgh

begins

Posted 07 July 2012 - 07:29 PM

begins

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
QUOTE (lingomalingo @ Jul 5 2012, 01:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The hose came together with the black stuff(as shown in yr 1st foto). The black stuf is attached to the suspension strut by the metal clip. Don't ever loose the clip. It is specially design to hold the black stuff. Can't easily get it in the spare parts shop. U must use 'Burung Kakak Tua' plier in order to attach the clip to the strut.
Maybe u can order from WH auto in KL (0379834920). I think it is about RM190 per pc. Gud luck

Thank you very much to all for the kind advice.

Yesterday I managed to find time to fix and change the interior roof and amusingly the rear "piak piak" also gone with the wind. Considered that the RM300 is well spent and solved 2 problems at one go.

I now get to enjoy the comfort of the interior!

Now, one more issue. The previous owner fitted an after market CAI, which is in my opinion too is large. I'm loosing the pick-up and the car is noisy when I pressed hard on the accelerator. Hope to find a replacement soon....

Regards,