Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Satria Neo High Speed

• Please log in to reply

Copernicus

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:39 AM

Copernicus

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts
Hello Folks,

I'm back after sometime. Just for the records i have 'degraded' from my 2004 Waja to a 2008 Satria Neo recently.
Apart from cheaper monthly installment ,the reason changed is just that my ex waja is no more powerful.. 4G18 is getting too old for me.

okay the actual problem, when i received the car (H-Line) , tested the top speed (on very safe road) i was able to reach 180kmh... then nothing... after some light modification, de cat|4-1 extractor|mid bullet upgrade|Works Drop in filter|lighter 16" rims) i'm able to reach 200kmh (again in controlled and safe environment).. but unfortunately my i have some vibration on steering wheel after 160kmh.... :-(

Must be due to rims.Already done with balancing| Centre Hub Ring| but not much difference.

Anyone has any idea's . Thanks a million.

mosh

Posted 01 June 2012 - 10:15 AM

mosh

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts
QUOTE (Copernicus @ May 29 2012, 11:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello Folks,

I'm back after sometime. Just for the records i have 'degraded' from my 2004 Waja to a 2008 Satria Neo recently.
Apart from cheaper monthly installment ,the reason changed is just that my ex waja is no more powerful.. 4G18 is getting too old for me.

okay the actual problem, when i received the car (H-Line) , tested the top speed (on very safe road) i was able to reach 180kmh... then nothing... after some light modification, de cat|4-1 extractor|mid bullet upgrade|Works Drop in filter|lighter 16" rims) i'm able to reach 200kmh (again in controlled and safe environment).. but unfortunately my i have some vibration on steering wheel after 160kmh.... :-(

Must be due to rims.Already done with balancing| Centre Hub Ring| but not much difference.

Anyone has any idea's . Thanks a million.

ur steering bushing ok or not ?
waahhh.! why 4 door to 2 door ? bujang kembali izzit ? smile_big.gif

Gunnerzz

Posted 01 June 2012 - 10:29 PM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
QUOTE (mosh @ Jun 1 2012, 10:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If steering bush ok then Most probably due to rim.
U can also Try a different shop to balance the rear tyre.

Copernicus

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:51 AM

Copernicus

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts
QUOTE (mosh @ Jun 1 2012, 10:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Okay, i'll check on my steering bush.. so far no any freeplays..
Basically changed the car just to whack for work... i travel like 50km per day up and down alone..
still single la bro....:-)

Copernicus

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:54 AM

Copernicus

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts
QUOTE (Gunnerzz @ Jun 1 2012, 10:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If steering bush ok then Most probably due to rim.
U can also Try a different shop to balance the rear tyre.

Yeah, but most of the the tyre shop has the normal balancing... not the high speed...
so i think it might not improve as i dont encounter this vibration until i tekan abit..

jasondotcom

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:39 PM

jasondotcom

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts
mostly is due to balancing. Change your usual tire shop. Try others. Its always the balancing. I kena many times before and this is true for certain cars which are very very very sensitive to slight off balance of the wheels. I used to have a lot of headache with it.

Some tyre shop once they check the balance its ok. But then when u get it done at another shop.... it shows that the balance is not on the dot. Apa macam??? I also dunno... Just try other shops.

If very sensitive, some shops will go for on wheel balancing. Some shops i noticed, the balancing they do usually is more to tolerate less than 100kmh speeds. I usually tell them i speed a lot more than 130. So they know that i would be fussy and do their work more carefully.

bobdbilder

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:05 AM

bobdbilder

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 497 posts
I would think if balancing was a problem it would register much earlier than 160. You never mentioned what tyre profiles you have and what tyre pressure you are running. A comfort oriented tyre would have sideways play. You know its a comfort tyre by how it bulges on the sidewall. Try reducing tyre pressure by 1 or 2 psi. A 16 in 45 profile should be around 31-32psi. But again it depends on the tyre. You have got to do some trial and error with this.

I do suspect its the rubber bushings which is an integral part of the suspension. Next time you have the car up on the lifts, go check all the mountings. Not just the front.

Several other ideas; drop it down an inch. A lower body means a much proper flow of air under the car. It also reduces centre of gravity. Add sideskirts. This will help in forcing air going straight under the car and reduces turbulence.

The R3 has same width track for front and rear wheels. Normal Neos have a smaller width for the rear. Consider spacers for your rear ones. It helps with understeer too.
Hell's Engine Class of Arau 88

h4dri

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:56 PM

h4dri

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
QUOTE (bobdbilder @ Jun 20 2012, 12:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would think if balancing was a problem it would register much earlier than 160. You never mentioned what tyre profiles you have and what tyre pressure you are running. A comfort oriented tyre would have sideways play. You know its a comfort tyre by how it bulges on the sidewall. Try reducing tyre pressure by 1 or 2 psi. A 16 in 45 profile should be around 31-32psi. But again it depends on the tyre. You have got to do some trial and error with this.

I do suspect its the rubber bushings which is an integral part of the suspension. Next time you have the car up on the lifts, go check all the mountings. Not just the front.

Several other ideas; drop it down an inch. A lower body means a much proper flow of air under the car. It also reduces centre of gravity. Add sideskirts. This will help in forcing air going straight under the car and reduces turbulence.

The R3 has same width track for front and rear wheels. Normal Neos have a smaller width for the rear. Consider spacers for your rear ones. It helps with understeer too.

normal neo's have similar front & rear track (front 1460-rear 1460), neo cps has narrow front track & wider rear track normal neo ( front 1450- rear 1470)

bobdbilder

Posted 27 July 2012 - 03:40 PM

bobdbilder

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 497 posts
QUOTE (h4dri @ Jul 16 2012, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
normal neo's have similar front & rear track (front 1460-rear 1460), neo cps has narrow front track & wider rear track normal neo ( front 1450- rear 1470)

You are quite right on that one. A little bit off; CPS has F/R 1467/1483 but you are on the money. So the R3 went back to 1470 F and R. That's not the only thing that's wrong with the CPS. Major one is the intake snorkel.
Hell's Engine Class of Arau 88