Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

New Slyphy !

• Please log in to reply

TheGunner

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:27 AM

TheGunner

Knight Rider

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,953 posts
QUOTE (jayraptor @ Apr 26 2012, 07:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Without you bunch around ruining N-brand, we'll get this Sylphy by this year. Not just Sylphy but the even better new Altima, Presage, Dualis, Serena, etc that are available in EU and US. With you bunch around, we'll either won't get proper model or wait after 2-3 years later.

Probably prefer to bring in less proper low cost model to maximize profit instead or wait to clear all old stock first.

I won't be so quick to point fingers at those working in ETCM. If Nissan insists on selling the models you mentioned here in Malaysia, they can push it through. Consider that the Elgrand, 370Z and Murano are on sale here. Conversely, if Nissan does not want a model to offer a model to Malaysia, ETCM is powerless to do anything.
The Gunner

Proud to be a Gunner

Nokia6280

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:06 PM

Nokia6280

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts
Without you bunch around ruining N-brand, we'll get this Sylphy by this year. Not just Sylphy but the even better new Altima, Presage, Dualis, Serena, etc that are available in EU and US. With you bunch around, we'll either won't get proper model or wait after 2-3 years later.

Probably prefer to bring in less proper low cost model to maximize profit instead or wait to clear all old stock first.

Hahahahahahaha! Pitty fellow.... you already not welcome now even worst make yourself fool and stupid in all Nissan forum with all your stupid comments...

I remember you use to be very pro... but now look at you..... shame.. smile_blackeye.gif

jayraptor

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:17 PM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
QUOTE (Nokia6280 @ Apr 27 2012, 02:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hahahahahahaha! Pitty fellow.... you already not welcome now even worst make yourself fool and stupid in all Nissan forum with all your stupid comments...

I remember you use to be very pro... but now look at you..... shame.. smile_blackeye.gif

What stupid? You mean you and your bunch? I haven't touched technical part yet as this Sylphy 13 is not even launched. As long as the Latio and Sylphy generation not proven safe from excessive overheating and powerloss, I'll forgo any N-brand product at the moment.

If car price really dropped after the big event with more freedom to foreign investors, I doubt whether you bunch will still be around or replaced by the more capable people with technical background instead. Also, when car price follow global market value, competition will be very stiff like in EU and US. Can't get on track will end up left behind.

Feelfree,
What are you bunch talking about? I don't see Honta and Toyota take that long to launch newer model. Only products under you and your bunch care only. Probably trying to be very calculative like counting each and every sen in picking the cheapest product to sell at Japanese price range so that you can earn big money.

Gunner,
Sources said that they can actually bring in the better model but thanks to those bunch that wanted to cut cost to maximum, they brought in models that have less demand elsewhere and sell her. They forgo the Dualis and brought in the X-Trail that don't sell well so more leftover stock for them at cheap price. Probably the same goes to others such as Sylphy vs Sentra US, Teana vs Altima US, even for Serena old vs Serena new.

jolokia

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:22 AM

jolokia

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts
QUOTE (jayraptor @ May 4 2012, 11:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What stupid? You mean you and your bunch? I haven't touched technical part yet as this Sylphy 13 is not even launched. As long as the Latio and Sylphy generation not proven safe from excessive overheating and powerloss, I'll forgo any N-brand product at the moment.

If car price really dropped after the big event with more freedom to foreign investors, I doubt whether you bunch will still be around or replaced by the more capable people with technical background instead. Also, when car price follow global market value, competition will be very stiff like in EU and US. Can't get on track will end up left behind.

Feelfree,
What are you bunch talking about? I don't see Honta and Toyota take that long to launch newer model. Only products under you and your bunch care only. Probably trying to be very calculative like counting each and every sen in picking the cheapest product to sell at Japanese price range so that you can earn big money.

Gunner,
Sources said that they can actually bring in the better model but thanks to those bunch that wanted to cut cost to maximum, they brought in models that have less demand elsewhere and sell her. They forgo the Dualis and brought in the X-Trail that don't sell well so more leftover stock for them at cheap price. Probably the same goes to others such as Sylphy vs Sentra US, Teana vs Altima US, even for Serena old vs Serena new.

Aha ! I caught you ! Do you remember you said Hyundai KIA can't monopolised the entire market because the do not have proper MPV & pick up truck yet, those in the market are belong to the dark age of Korean car ? Now you try to be double standard when come to rival brand.
Still dreaming of the "Big.Event" let me guaranteed you, it would pass by without much changes.
Ya ! Look who's talking here again, remembered we have Spectra so long here, untill we skipped 1 generation of Cerato ? Where is ix20 (matrix replacement) i20 (Getz replacement) new accent, new rio, new i30 ? Why our upcomming slanted H & K does not come with GDI engine ?
smile_angry.gif
You bunch should be dead worried in Nissan decide to launch Dualis/Quashai here, your Taksen & Spotaged wilk be in big trouble, as Dualis/Quashai is do popular in Europe that it become among top 10 best selling vehicle. smile_approve.gif
Great Ideology Creates Great Times - Yuri Irsenovich Kim

fooyc

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:11 PM

fooyc

N20 Soul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,573 posts
Not siding any party here. AFAIK, there are many factors that will influence whether a new model can be introduce into Malaysia market, beside the regulatory compliance. One main point that I was pretty surprised to hear is that, the principal do demand a certain volume to be able to sell in certain market before approving any new model introduction as CKD unit. Say for example, a new Elgrand. Seriously this mpv is on the luxury and pricey end, there is absolutely no volume we can make it out in Malaysia for such machine, considering the large population of Malaysia still very much in the low-mid range of pay cheque. Don't make sense for CKD initiatives, ETCM has to introduce it as a CBU basis.

End of the day, it's all about demand vs supply, and at what cost. Every entity is running on the basis of profit, but by what margin etc. I fully apprehend what Jay mentioned of cost cutting measures and lack in pace to produce world-class level car. Not in Malaysia unfortunately as there is not enough push from the governance body to enforce policy on safety unlike States and EU.

Yes, partly ETCM has to shoulder some blame, but partly is cost. In addition, Malaysian are generally pretty poor on safety awareness, just look at child seat. How can they sell those poorly constructed child seat, do not even raise the doubt on performance in the event of crash, I bugger to think it will actually injure the child more than saving a toddler life !

Let us imagine, if ETCM introduce a full fledge Sylphy here, with side airbag and curtain airbag, plus the AFS Xenon HID headlamp. Without the balloons, the updated Sylphy has already been priced at 120+ large now. Say we drop in a few more sets of balloons, dare I say it will hit the north of 130 large ? I personally do not think a Sylphy worth that much by then. There you go, no demand.

Look at it objectively, any car manufacturer or distributor can introduce well spec car in Malaysia. But, end of the day, it is all about money. VW Jetta is so well spec in terms of safety and comfort. But I surely do not think in the near future it an uproot any C segment contender.

Sorry, old man ranting and speaking in riddle again. Just my personal thoughts.

Please don't PM me.

hhhlow14

Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:30 PM

hhhlow14

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 787 posts
Jay,

Don't dream of so many models TCM will bring in but am surprised they brought in Elgrand,Murano 3.5 & GT-R (possible).
Even UMW dare not bring in Alphard/Vellfire which are hot cakes.
Back to 13 Slyphly should TCM sell it in 14 with minimum features n about same price, I believe it could still sell well due to new design. What say you guys?

ryder

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:57 PM

ryder

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 406 posts
Star Motoring - Sylphy Offers Fresh Take

The current facelifted Sylphy featured on The Star today looks like a turd. It looks even worse than the old Sylphy launched in 2008. The only nice feature to have in the new Sylphy is the audio remote control on the steering wheel. Perhaps the new bi-xenon headlamps and 16" wheels are also nice. Other than that, everything is just wrong. The spoilers, black-coloured seats and cherry(yuk) wood trimmings made the interior look like it's fitted for a man in his 60's. Not really that fresh after all.

Though I have to admit the Sylphy replacement as featured on the first page of this thread looks pretty handsome, like a mini Teana. Certainly much better looking than the current Sylphy, though the downside is the slightly less powerful 1.8-litre engine.

I guess ETCM is desperate in introducing this facelifted Sylphy as the current sales may be a bit slow (as potential buyers may be waiting for the new model that is due in 2013 or 2014).

Nokia6280

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:30 PM

Nokia6280

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

Looking for fight! maybe to many credit to waste... Use it to surf and learn more lah...

jayraptor

Posted 20 May 2012 - 04:36 PM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
QUOTE (fooyc @ May 5 2012, 12:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not siding any party here. AFAIK, there are many factors that will influence whether a new model can be introduce into Malaysia market, beside the regulatory compliance. One main point that I was pretty surprised to hear is that, the principal do demand a certain volume to be able to sell in certain market before approving any new model introduction as CKD unit. Say for example, a new Elgrand. Seriously this mpv is on the luxury and pricey end, there is absolutely no volume we can make it out in Malaysia for such machine, considering the large population of Malaysia still very much in the low-mid range of pay cheque. Don't make sense for CKD initiatives, ETCM has to introduce it as a CBU basis.

End of the day, it's all about demand vs supply, and at what cost. Every entity is running on the basis of profit, but by what margin etc. I fully apprehend what Jay mentioned of cost cutting measures and lack in pace to produce world-class level car. Not in Malaysia unfortunately as there is not enough push from the governance body to enforce policy on safety unlike States and EU.

Yes, partly ETCM has to shoulder some blame, but partly is cost. In addition, Malaysian are generally pretty poor on safety awareness, just look at child seat. How can they sell those poorly constructed child seat, do not even raise the doubt on performance in the event of crash, I bugger to think it will actually injure the child more than saving a toddler life !

Let us imagine, if ETCM introduce a full fledge Sylphy here, with side airbag and curtain airbag, plus the AFS Xenon HID headlamp. Without the balloons, the updated Sylphy has already been priced at 120+ large now. Say we drop in a few more sets of balloons, dare I say it will hit the north of 130 large ? I personally do not think a Sylphy worth that much by then. There you go, no demand.

Look at it objectively, any car manufacturer or distributor can introduce well spec car in Malaysia. But, end of the day, it is all about money. VW Jetta is so well spec in terms of safety and comfort. But I surely do not think in the near future it an uproot any C segment contender.

Sorry, old man ranting and speaking in riddle again. Just my personal thoughts.

Hi Unker Foo and hhhlow,

The current Sylphy is meant for Japan market, a direct competitor to scaled down Altis known as Axio in Japan that is B-segment+. Both at 1695mm width to passed Japan special tax exemption and to drive around their narrow road around housing area. Our Altis that is sold worldwide is C-segment at width 1760mm. The global N-brand C-segment supposed to be Sentra US that is based on bigger and wider Renault platform at 1780mm. This is the one that supposed to be brought in.

No one knows what will happen tomorrow. If what the forumners said on Latest News that car price might follow market value after the big event, then we'll probably see more nice models coming to our shore. Probably with more freedom to carmakers, I think they'll definitely replace the useless bunch of management with proper people with tech background instead by then.

The Dualis will be priced at RM145k if brought in here instead of nobody wanted X-Trail that is offroader but give 2WD instead of 4WD. The Teana '07 in 2007 that they didn't bring in, sold at RM230k CBU without enjoying AFTA exemption. Now they brought in the Teana, it is priced at RM140k before discount. Now you know what type of quality feelfree, popcorn and Nokia bunch are made of.

jayraptor

Posted 20 May 2012 - 04:43 PM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
QUOTE (ryder @ May 5 2012, 08:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Star Motoring - Sylphy Offers Fresh Take

The current facelifted Sylphy featured on The Star today looks like a turd. It looks even worse than the old Sylphy launched in 2008. The only nice feature to have in the new Sylphy is the audio remote control on the steering wheel. Perhaps the new bi-xenon headlamps and 16" wheels are also nice. Other than that, everything is just wrong. The spoilers, black-coloured seats and cherry(yuk) wood trimmings made the interior look like it's fitted for a man in his 60's. Not really that fresh after all.

Though I have to admit the Sylphy replacement as featured on the first page of this thread looks pretty handsome, like a mini Teana. Certainly much better looking than the current Sylphy, though the downside is the slightly less powerful 1.8-litre engine.

I guess ETCM is desperate in introducing this facelifted Sylphy as the current sales may be a bit slow (as potential buyers may be waiting for the new model that is due in 2013 or 2014).

Hi ryder,

Back then, some of their Marketing bunch forumners here said, that facelift model is meant for China market only. Not really a facelift when China announced the F/L in 2009. Today, they came up with different story, said it's F/L. So why cheat readers on AW?

The new Sylphy, the HR18DE 1.8L is oversquare engine with shorter stroke tend towards output horsepower. Current rating with intake only VVT is abit weak for pulling power 174Nm@4800rpm. If they don't fit it with dual VVT, they'll have to build the new Sylphy light like current at 1240kg to prevent underpower. Wonder the new Sylphy 2013 will have proper width at least 1750mm or still wanted to stick to 1695mm. We don't get tax reduction for having less width.