Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Rondo Brake And Battery Warning Light

• Please log in to reply

buckeyes

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:42 AM

buckeyes

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
Hi,

Just want to check with the other Rondo owners do they encounter the brake and battery warning light both turn on during heavy rain?

Both the brake and battery warning light turn on and off while I was driving during heavy downpour with road slightly flooded. Can feel car steering a little bit heavier when lights on, car can still be driven and brake operational. After a while, the lights no more turn on and off.

This is the second time I experienced this during raining. Anyone has such experience or know what is going on?

Thank you.

sugen

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:10 PM

sugen

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 918 posts
You are facing the same issue as this guy here. when this happend, the power steering is heavy

http://forum.autowor...howtopic=102856
QUOTE (buckeyes @ Apr 13 2012, 11:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,

Just want to check with the other Rondo owners do they encounter the brake and battery warning light both turn on during heavy rain?

Both the brake and battery warning light turn on and off while I was driving during heavy downpour with road slightly flooded. Can feel car steering a little bit heavier when lights on, car can still be driven and brake operational. After a while, the lights no more turn on and off.

This is the second time I experienced this during raining. Anyone has such experience or know what is going on?

Thank you.

buckeyes

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:02 PM

buckeyes

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
QUOTE (sugen @ Apr 13 2012, 07:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You are facing the same issue as this guy here. when this happend, the power steering is heavy

http://forum.autowor...howtopic=102856

Thanks Sugen for the infor. Sent to SC for free check-up (free travel kit). They told me maybe the belt loose (not sure which one), contact with water. Told me that it is suppose to be change at 60km and can delay till my next service.

However the SC discover another bigger issue, air cond compressor pipe oil leaking. Will claim warranty and order parts for me since still got 1 month left.

Sent in for repair today and they told me compressor also need to be change together. I was charged for radiator coolant, air filter and air cond gas, total Rm161.55. Asked why the compressor broke so easily, SA told me that maybe I speeding too much. I don't see the logic, how can speeding damage the air cond compressor? This seem to be a common problem with Rondo!

Anyway, all Rondo's owners should send their car for compressor check up before their warranty expired.

Kevin

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:23 PM

Kevin

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,080 posts
QUOTE (buckeyes @ May 7 2012, 06:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks Sugen for the infor. Sent to SC for free check-up (free travel kit). They told me maybe the belt loose (not sure which one), contact with water. Told me that it is suppose to be change at 60km and can delay till my next service.

However the SC discover another bigger issue, air cond compressor pipe oil leaking. Will claim warranty and order parts for me since still got 1 month left.

Sent in for repair today and they told me compressor also need to be change together. I was charged for radiator coolant, air filter and air cond gas, total Rm161.55. Asked why the compressor broke so easily, SA told me that maybe I speeding too much. I don't see the logic, how can speeding damage the air cond compressor? This seem to be a common problem with Rondo!

Anyway, all Rondo's owners should send their car for compressor check up before their warranty expired.

What they meant is that high engine revs can damage an air-cond compressor that is short in compressor oil. Compressors need oil to spin. Many drivers do not bother with their air-conditioning systems until they fail.

buckeyes

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:12 PM

buckeyes

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
QUOTE (Kevin @ May 7 2012, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What they meant is that high engine revs can damage an air-cond compressor that is short in compressor oil. Compressors need oil to spin. Many drivers do not bother with their air-conditioning systems until they fail.

Thanks Kevin for your enlightenment. Any ideas why Rondo air-cond compressor failed so fast? My Waja air-cond compressor last longer!!! Need to take good care of it as the next failure cost will be bear by myself....

Bengong

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:08 PM

Bengong

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts
QUOTE (buckeyes @ May 7 2012, 11:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks Kevin for your enlightenment. Any ideas why Rondo air-cond compressor failed so fast? My Waja air-cond compressor last longer!!! Need to take good care of it as the next failure cost will be bear by myself....

aircond system...watch out for leakage...this leakage will slowly leak out compressor oil
Bengong

setisfai

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:03 PM

setisfai

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts
Hello Rondorian,

Whoever has the solution for this Sudden Loss of Power Stering problem, please share here.

My Rondo already encountered this incident quite a number of times 100% during heavy rain. The problem is I personally never encounter this kind of problem only happened when my wife drove it back from work so I cant tell exactly what actually happened but from wife explaination seems tally with you guys problem in this thread.

Thank you.

Dieselmarc

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:28 PM

Dieselmarc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts
Dear Setisfai,

I am having also having the problem with my Rondo EX. Going to my dealer, NSS in Glenmarie Shah Alam to deal with the problem on my next service.

Dieselmarc

QUOTE (setisfai @ Apr 25 2013, 06:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello Rondorian,

Whoever has the solution for this Sudden Loss of Power Stering problem, please share here.

My Rondo already encountered this incident quite a number of times 100% during heavy rain. The problem is I personally never encounter this kind of problem only happened when my wife drove it back from work so I cant tell exactly what actually happened but from wife explaination seems tally with you guys problem in this thread.

Thank you.

setisfai

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:57 PM

setisfai

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts
QUOTE (Dieselmarc @ Apr 30 2013, 05:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dear Setisfai,

I am having also having the problem with my Rondo EX. Going to my dealer, NSS in Glenmarie Shah Alam to deal with the problem on my next service.

Dieselmarc

Hi Dieselmarc,

Thanks for sharing the info but I appreciate if you can describe this problem more details coz I can't imagine it via my wife explaination.

Oh I have sent to NSS Glenmarie as well last Saturday, talk to Christopher regarding this issue and he said they will plug-in the computer and check if there is any error code. You know what the result is no error code and no fault detected. Then they spray my car with water and test drive also does not encounter this issue. Ask me to send my Rondo again so that they can test during raining :-).

To be honest I drove my Rondo into heavy downpour last Sunday very2 heavy raining but not encounter any incident as well.

Pening already coz I'll be driving back to hometown for GE13 this coming weekend, pray hard for safe journey.

Regards.

Kevin

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:42 AM

Kevin

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,080 posts
QUOTE (setisfai @ Apr 25 2013, 06:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello Rondorian,

Thank you.

I had this problem but never at speeds. It's always at stop-start traffic speeds when the steering will suddenly feel very heavy (as it it's lost power assistance).

I could never replicate the issue at NSS so I did not bother to lodge a report.