Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Pickup Truck

• Please log in to reply

ShiftVQV6

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:52 AM

ShiftVQV6

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,659 posts
QUOTE (byebye2u @ Apr 19 2012, 05:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
major service....overhaul/top overhaul something like that.

minor service you mean service interval? depend what you want to change - engine oil/ atf/axle/..... depend on manufacturer too.

dmax oil change is 10k km..... however, every 5k in between u still need to go back to their service centre for checking...

ShiftVQV6

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:03 AM

ShiftVQV6

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,659 posts
QUOTE (byebye2u @ Apr 19 2012, 05:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
mmmm ... so far i have not met any diesel owner that have engine damage due to tuning box or remap usage.

mmmm... i would recommend remap over tuning box , more harmony and can be tune to your liking. but some tuning box does give tremendous hp gain( some over, i've seen manage to blown the intercooler)

i on remap over 2 years(100k km) , bro br1 on box maybe more( forgot the brand)..so far we have one problem....... heavy footed. ha ha ha

how they do remap? how much extra gain normally?

byebye2u

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:18 AM

byebye2u

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
QUOTE (ShiftVQV6 @ Apr 20 2012, 09:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

not all car can, must come with obdII like most continental. toyota and nissan mostly cannot, what tuner do usually copy from tune-up chip.

not sure on Dmax( lots of sharing between GM and isuzu) if have obdII sure can remap. that's why most pickup here use tuning box.

power gain on common rail turbo diesel higher than petrol turbo and NA. easily push to 40% or higher if you want. on my rexton from 163hp now around 210 to 220 hp( wheel hp 175 ).

but for Dmax you can google in siam where they push to over 300 hp!!

byebye2u

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:22 AM

byebye2u

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
QUOTE (ShiftVQV6 @ Apr 20 2012, 09:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

obdII socket usually under the steering dashboard, hook a cable to laptop, use a speacialize software to alter the boost limit, injection timing, diesel amount, injector pressure, etc, etc,etc

ShiftVQV6

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:33 PM

ShiftVQV6

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,659 posts
thank you for sharing....

johndol

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:28 PM

johndol

3rd Gear