Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Gt Radial Champiro Hpy

• Please log in to reply

zodd

Posted 17 December 2011 - 07:40 AM

zodd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Hi guys,

I have done some internet research on the tires and so far the reviews have been either 5 stars or great.

Price in the market is pretty cheap too compared with others even from Korea.

Can't see much from photos on the web, but the tread grooves is similar to Nexens / Contis.

Anyone can confirm if the tires are with edge / rim protector?

cheers.

vr2turbo

Posted 17 December 2011 - 09:16 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,492 posts
Yup, Pattern is Asy, and do have rim protector as this tyre comes in from 17" onwards and are all ultra low profile tyres

zodd

Posted 17 December 2011 - 02:42 PM

zodd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
oh, great.. tks for the info.. will check it out at the tyers' shop later..

vr2turbo

Posted 17 December 2011 - 04:38 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,492 posts
QUOTE (zodd @ Dec 17 2011, 02:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
oh, great.. tks for the info.. will check it out at the tyers' shop later..

If you fit, let us know the size and price then feedback also later...... smile_thumbup.gif

zod

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:59 AM

zod

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Dec 17 2011, 04:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you fit, let us know the size and price then feedback also later...... smile_thumbup.gif

Fitted GT HPY Champiro 215x17" on my car, and have done closed to 1.5K Km on them.
First impression on the tires is they are very light to drive with as compared to my previous sets of Yoko S-Drive.
Pumped up to 35psi, the rubbers were kinda hard on comfort but then I was on performance shocks, so no complains here.
I lowered the tire pressure to 34psi which suited my suspension set-up and my driving style.

On dry run, its moderately quiet. Its grippy. I made several controlled high speed swerves with no drama or squeal from the rubbers.
However, noticeable groove feel and roar could be heard when doing fast long corners. Probably due to the deep grooved shoulder pattern of the rubbers. At least I know the rubbers are doing its work.

As for wet driving, it is as good as Yoko S-Drive. Cut through shallow puddles and sheets of water with ease, heading still straight. Again, no drama. Made several hard sudden stop, good grip.

Road noise from the rubbers are decent, not the quiet type as in most Michelins, but I got no complains, it is already a much improved condition as compared to my previous Yokos.

I rate this tires at 8 out of 10. Best bang for the monies spent too, at only RM270 per rubber (QS) !

vr2turbo

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:06 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,492 posts
QUOTE (zod @ May 20 2012, 09:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Fitted GT HPY Champiro 215x17" on my car, and have done closed to 1.5K Km on them.
First impression on the tires is they are very light to drive with as compared to my previous sets of Yoko S-Drive.
Pumped up to 35psi, the rubbers were kinda hard on comfort but then I was on performance shocks, so no complains here.
I lowered the tire pressure to 34psi which suited my suspension set-up and my driving style.

On dry run, its moderately quiet. Its grippy. I made several controlled high speed swerves with no drama or squeal from the rubbers.
However, noticeable groove feel and roar could be heard when doing fast long corners. Probably due to the deep grooved shoulder pattern of the rubbers. At least I know the rubbers are doing its work.

As for wet driving, it is as good as Yoko S-Drive. Cut through shallow puddles and sheets of water with ease, heading still straight. Again, no drama. Made several hard sudden stop, good grip.

Road noise from the rubbers are decent, not the quiet type as in most Michelins, but I got no complains, it is already a much improved condition as compared to my previous Yokos.

I rate this tires at 8 out of 10. Best bang for the monies spent too, at only RM270 per rubber (QS) !

Thanks for the feedback..... smile_thumbup.gif

thundertst

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:27 PM

thundertst

3rd Gear

• Members
  • 3 posts
QUOTE (zod @ May 20 2012, 09:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bro, can please share with us where did you get to change your tyres? It is really cheap. By the way, what size did you change for RM270?

Thanks.

vr2turbo

Posted 04 August 2012 - 09:04 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,492 posts
QUOTE (thundertst @ Aug 3 2012, 10:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro, can please share with us where did you get to change your tyres? It is really cheap. By the way, what size did you change for RM270?

Thanks.

He mentioned QS. not sure whether it is Quicksave, but it is RM308 now.....for 215/45R17

mubull

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:13 PM

mubull

Tokyo Drifter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,385 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Aug 4 2012, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He mentioned QS. not sure whether it is Quicksave, but it is RM308 now.....for 215/45R17

Seems the feedback is gd with this price tag.. Gd wet. and quiet than my ex ex Sdrive... hehehe

cheers.... Duragloss The Wet Look
www.duragloss.com.my
facebook.com/duraglossmalaysia

vr2turbo

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:02 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,492 posts
QUOTE (mubull @ Feb 6 2013, 12:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Seems the feedback is gd with this price tag.. Gd wet. and quiet than my ex ex Sdrive... hehehe

I am also using..... smile_tongue.gif

http://forum.autowor...h...t=0&start=0