Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Toyota Camry Sucks!

• Please log in to reply

lukeraj

Posted 09 November 2011 - 06:55 PM

lukeraj

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 368 posts
I have asked Toyota to provide detailed written report on this issue

Added on November 9, 2011, 6:49 pm
Guys need your advise as per Toyota feedback on the SHOCK ABSORBERS, I bought the car based on comfort and safety , now they are saying their are 2 type of absorbers 1 for comfort and the other for long distance good handling which is my current unit, my concern is I wont get the best of both comfortable and good handling if I go fast and I cant accept this,my concern I was not told about all this when I purchase the cars and now I have this issue, how to handle this guys ah

Nokia6280

Posted 09 November 2011 - 09:47 PM

Nokia6280

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts
QUOTE (lukeraj @ Nov 9 2011, 06:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have asked Toyota to provide detailed written report on this issue

Added on November 9, 2011, 6:49 pm
Guys need your advise as per Toyota feedback on the SHOCK ABSORBERS, I bought the car based on comfort and safety , now they are saying their are 2 type of absorbers 1 for comfort and the other for long distance good handling which is my current unit, my concern is I wont get the best of both comfortable and good handling if I go fast and I cant accept this,my concern I was not told about all this when I purchase the cars and now I have this issue, how to handle this guys ah

Write to toyota and someone will take care for you... smile_approve.gif smile_tongue.gif smile_wink.gif

fauzie00

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:53 AM

fauzie00

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts
It happen to me before on my Accord, changed 2 times while under warranty..still not solve. Once the warranty over, change to Bosch disc...problem solved.

Now driving Estima ACR50....same problem...I thought it is only happen to Honda car..but yes..it happen to Estima as well...and got to know that Camry also has this problem. The best solution is change after market disc, you will be happy with the result. Bosch or Brembo disc should cost you less than RM500....

lukeraj

Posted 04 December 2011 - 09:08 PM

lukeraj

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 368 posts
In less then 10 months Toyota changed my brake disk and pad 3 times, absorbers sucks when you drive in city so stiff and hard hardly any cushion, I have lost confidence in Camry 2011 which I ordered in 2010, talking to other CAMRY owners all seems to regret buying this car, all this problem remain the same

volvos40

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:36 AM

volvos40

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
My wife drives a Camry and it is not reliable as Toyota had us all believed! I do not think it is tough or hardy like older Camry or Corolla.

Nokia6280

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:40 AM

Nokia6280

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts
Hmmm! This entire problem due our standard raised or the way we use our cars to believe some brand 'Tahan Lasak' or manufacturer cutting cost with thin accessory or they promote their products? smile_question.gif

sammyvellu

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:10 PM

sammyvellu

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,636 posts
QUOTE (Nokia6280 @ Jan 31 2012, 08:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmmm! This entire problem due our standard raised or the way we use our cars to believe some brand 'Tahan Lasak' or manufacturer cutting cost with thin accessory or they promote their products? smile_question.gif

It is more often than not, a user problem for warped discs.

More often than not, its bcoz of sudden splash of water onto the discs, especially at production line car wash. Discs are ususally ultra hot when reached car wash, after start stop driving

Those bangla, indo or aneh will usually clean the tyres by shooting with cold water and spraying those chemical and wait for 10 seconds or so before shooting it off with cold water again.

chien

Posted 02 February 2012 - 03:14 PM

chien

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
QUOTE (sammyvellu @ Jan 31 2012, 08:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It is more often than not, a user problem for warped discs.

More often than not, its bcoz of sudden splash of water onto the discs, especially at production line car wash. Discs are ususally ultra hot when reached car wash, after start stop driving

Those bangla, indo or aneh will usually clean the tyres by shooting with cold water and spraying those chemical and wait for 10 seconds or so before shooting it off with cold water again.

What about rain then? smile_tongue.gif

lim275

Posted 02 February 2012 - 03:29 PM

lim275

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 358 posts
QUOTE (chien @ Feb 2 2012, 03:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually rain also playing their part especially when u drive 4-5 hrs non stop with raining non stop too..

Drive alot during end last year especially raining season & at the end i need to change my front & rear rotor disc due to warping issue. anyway, still worth it cos rotor disc already old...10 yrs.. Oh yes, i driving old camry.....
Safety always de first

profkaizen

Posted 02 February 2012 - 03:59 PM

profkaizen

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 998 posts
QUOTE (chien @ Feb 2 2012, 03:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't believe in that "root cause" propounded by those SC fellas. It is very easy to pass the buck and blame to the end-user for misuse and abuse. The main cause is the inferior materials used for the brake disk and the brake pads [that contribute to "scoring" which produces irregular grooves on the surface of the disk. If seen from the sideways the irregular grooves scored onto the disk surface causing uneven surface profile that actually resemble a warped disk that cause juddering when the brake pads are pressed against the disk surface during high speed hard braking. To confirm that, take out that "warped" disk and do a profiling to check the contour for unevenness. then you know what I am talking about.

BTW, without knowing the composite of the materials used for the disk [will never be disclosed by Toyota and its mah-chai], lets presume they used ferrite [iron] composites [should be ferrite material as you can see the red ferrous oxide deposits or rusts on the disk] it may need to get heated up to 500 degrees C and let the tempertaure drop suddenly to say 20 degrees C for the iron to warp due to extreme expansion-contraction thermodynamics. Can a mere hosed water from the tap or cold rain reduce the temperature of the disk so abruptly that it contracts to a ceratin extent to warp the disk?? I doubt so.

I have been using Bendix Metal King brake pads for 30, 000 km since installed [the previous owner of my Camry ACV30 used the Toyota original parts and the disks juddderd like hell when braking at 100 km/h] and there is no judder and no so-called "warping" ...