Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Sylphy

• Please log in to reply

jayraptor

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:05 PM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
QUOTE (fooyc @ Aug 10 2012, 02:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Stalin,
Like that Nissan or TC owe me damn a lot of money lor smile_tongue.gif

Hi Unker Foo,

They won't pay you a single sen even if you brought them huge sales on AW. If you are car enthusiast with some knowledge on cars and smarter than stalin, feelfree, popcorn, etc, they will prevent you from joining the company. Reason being, you will not compete with them and beat in the next line to the throne. Their bosses seats.

Also, these bunch don't get commission but it is part of their job duties to spread exaggerated claims, false rumors, stop competitors and cover up complains/flaws on each and every car forums in Malaysia.

fooyc

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:49 PM

fooyc

N20 Soul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,573 posts
Hahaha...I surely wish to expand my resume into automotive industry one day. smile_tongue.gif
Please don't PM me.

cfa

Posted 11 August 2012 - 02:01 PM

cfa

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 833 posts
QUOTE (jolokia @ Aug 8 2012, 08:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There are stupid driver who skidded with their MB S class & crash to a tree & there is stupid Ferrari driver who kill a Hyundai Sonata NF Taxi Driver & Passenger, i have personally withnwess a BMW 3 series skidded & crash into shop lot, so are you saying those are too inferior car that does not passed EU, US, AU, NZ or what ever standard you mentioned, infact these are all Euro NCAP & ILLS Five Star Rating Car.

Don't u understand the meaning of "Malang Tidak Berbau" smile_angry.gif

http://www.zerotohun...-m3/#more-35984

Here is a video of a BMW 'losing control' and crashing after overtaking a car in the rain.

stalin

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:38 PM

stalin

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts
QUOTE (fooyc @ Aug 10 2012, 02:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Stalin,
Like that Nissan or TC owe me damn a lot of money lor smile_tongue.gif

Exactly. Can I get my arrears from jayraptor? smile_tongue.gif

stalin

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:42 PM

stalin

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts
QUOTE (jayraptor @ Aug 10 2012, 09:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Unker Foo,

They won't pay you a single sen even if you brought them huge sales on AW. If you are car enthusiast with some knowledge on cars and smarter than stalin, feelfree, popcorn, etc, they will prevent you from joining the company. Reason being, you will not compete with them and beat in the next line to the throne. Their bosses seats.

Also, these bunch don't get commission but it is part of their job duties to spread exaggerated claims, false rumors, stop competitors and cover up complains/flaws on each and every car forums in Malaysia.

Talk is cheap.Prove it!!!!! Can't back your replies with facts????? You just can't stop bluffing can you? Plain pathetic.

Nokia6280

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:59 AM

Nokia6280

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts
QUOTE (jayraptor @ Aug 10 2012, 09:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Unker Foo,

hahahahaha! Itcy backside.. smile_tongue.gif asking for trouble... smile_clown.gif

wuu

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:27 PM

wuu

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts
QUOTE (jayraptor @ Aug 7 2012, 07:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi szichie123,

Thanks for sharing.

Driving at 70-80km/h while overtaking during rainy weather on highway should not be a problem for modern day cars. My old Camry with used tyres never had problem of losing traction overtaking at that speed during very heavy rain. If your tyres are still in good condition and it lost control, that could only mean the car itself failed basic handling and basic passive safety. The narrow width, high height, poor aerodynamic + straight sides and suspension spring setup led to poor handling.

Any1 that has doubt, the best example to look at is the treasure hunt contest last year or 2 years ago, where 1 Sylphy owner that just received his new ride lost control suddenly when cruising on the highway and hit divider. I think you could still find the article if it is still posted on AW.

No need to investigate, they won't tell you anything. Feelfree, popcorn, stalin, jolokia would like to share your comment? If the car could not even dodge a dangerous obstacle at 100km/h while on straight highway, that really shows the car failed passive safey and not deemed safe for the owner. In the US, EU, AU, NZ and several countries, failed basic handling and passive safety standard, the consumer could file lawsuit.

I am also driving nissan n16..experienced on brake lock & tyre slippery on AKLEH hiway during raining. I drove at about 80-90kmh at that time and stepping on brake due to a lot of car is already queued down to ampang road. So , I got distance about 100 meter to apply brake. I have pumped brake 3 times where the 1st and 2nd pump, the tyre lock & slippery. The third pump makes the car grip to the road. Luckily manage to stop .

Then, I suspect the absorber..did change the absorber..but still encounter wheel lock while stopping at triffic light during raining. Average speed 60kmh to stop .

For sure, new absorber, I change my tyre from Falken 322 to Good Year Wet Grip Assurance...problem solved..never encounter any wheel lock.

Probably , you may choose low grade of tires for your ride..Worth spend extra for good quality donut..it saves u
WUU

jayraptor

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:26 PM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
QUOTE (cfa @ Aug 11 2012, 02:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://www.zerotohun...-m3/#more-35984

Here is a video of a BMW 'losing control' and crashing after overtaking a car in the rain.

cfa,

First of all, BMW is rear wheel drive and if the ESP/VSC is turned off, it will easily get into oversteer and if it's raining, it'll be even easier. That BMW M3 that crashed is clearly evident that he forgot to turn on VSC and look at the speed he's travelling at. The camera car itself is already evident that it is travelling beyond 120km/h at that speed. If you don't know, BMW M3 and M5 are track cars just like Lambo Murcielago, driving on normal road in hands of amateurs especially when speeding will more likely loose control. That is why these cars come with driving technique manual. Cheapest track cars I can think of is the Civic Type R, go drive 1 on the road and you will know.

You should take Front Wheel Drive to compare as they are less likely to oversteer and will only understeer if driven too fast above 140km/h and take tight turn. Note this : FWD is less likely to loose control compared to RWD. So stop taking BMW, Merc to compare with Japanese and Korean FWD.

Take the Camry '07 or old Altis '08, do you find these cars would easily get into oversteer or understeer during defensive driving or when evading boulders? I have tried to throw the Camry and Altis in high speed cornering and zigzag on sealed from public road (no one allowed to enter the area) to make them lose control. They still stick on. Sylphy does not and will give you the scare of overturning. Even on wet rain, as long as you are at less than 120km/h on straight road with water puddle, the Toyota still sticks to road, even with Mazda3, Forte, Sonata NF, Santa Fe. But not Sylphy and Lavina that performed poorly on passive safety.

Hi wuu,

The N16 if it is the 1.6SG, it comes with very strong brake grip but idiot Marketing team removed the ABS causing it to get into wheel lock easily. The N16 could even get into wheel lock at 60km/h if slammed hard on the brake. Wheel lock at 60km/h is less possible with the old Wira and Saga or any other old cars as these cars don't have that strong brake grip. If they let don't know anything idiots to plan which product to bring it or which safety device to remove and without direct supervision from Japan Engineers, this is what happen.

stalin

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:30 PM

stalin

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts
QUOTE (jayraptor @ Aug 15 2012, 09:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
cfa,

First of all, BMW is rear wheel drive and if the ESP/VSC is turned off, it will easily get into oversteer and if it's raining, it'll be even easier. That BMW M3 that crashed is clearly evident that he forgot to turn on VSC and look at the speed he's travelling at. The camera car itself is already evident that it is travelling beyond 120km/h at that speed. If you don't know, BMW M3 and M5 are track cars just like Lambo Murcielago, driving on normal road in hands of amateurs especially when speeding will more likely loose control. That is why these cars come with driving technique manual. Cheapest track cars I can think of is the Civic Type R, go drive 1 on the road and you will know.

You should take Front Wheel Drive to compare as they are less likely to oversteer and will only understeer if driven too fast above 140km/h and take tight turn. Note this : FWD is less likely to loose control compared to RWD. So stop taking BMW, Merc to compare with Japanese and Korean FWD.

Take the Camry '07 or old Altis '08, do you find these cars would easily get into oversteer or understeer during defensive driving or when evading boulders? I have tried to throw the Camry and Altis in high speed cornering and zigzag on sealed from public road (no one allowed to enter the area) to make them lose control. They still stick on. Sylphy does not and will give you the scare of overturning. Even on wet rain, as long as you are at less than 120km/h on straight road with water puddle, the Toyota still sticks to road, even with Mazda3, Forte, Sonata NF, Santa Fe. But not Sylphy and Lavina that performed poorly on passive safety.

Hi wuu,

The N16 if it is the 1.6SG, it comes with very strong brake grip but idiot Marketing team removed the ABS causing it to get into wheel lock easily. The N16 could even get into wheel lock at 60km/h if slammed hard on the brake. Wheel lock at 60km/h is less possible with the old Wira and Saga or any other old cars as these cars don't have that strong brake grip. If they let don't know anything idiots to plan which product to bring it or which safety device to remove and without direct supervision from Japan Engineers, this is what happen.

Then don't buy the Sentra lah. Why are you so stupid? I don't think any sales people point the gun at you forcing you to sign the dotted lines. smile_tongue.gif