Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Ford Focus 2.0l Ghia - Maintenance

• Please log in to reply

jsng

Posted 14 September 2011 - 06:39 PM

jsng

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts
Hi all,
Recently i was being recomend my a fren to get a Ford Focus 2.0L Ghia and by looking at the spec, it sounds like a good car to go for.

However i am quite concern on the maintenance cost of the Ford. Since i never own a Ford, i need some help from the members here to advise on:
1. Is there a lot of Ford authorized service center at Klang Valley?
2. Is the Ford SC's customer service good?
3. Is the Ford Focus's replacement parts expensive?

Thanks and looking forward to hear from you all soon :-)

Regards,
JS

fretsurf

Posted 15 November 2011 - 01:27 AM

fretsurf

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
As a current focus owner, permit me to enlighten you.

1. No.
2. No.
3. You flingin flangin betchur a$$.

The car itself is good. Not the fastest in its class. Not the most spacious. Not the most technologically advanced either. But it handles like a charm.

There are some annoying issues, generally faced by the focus consensus. 1. gear shifts not smooth. 2. Squeaky brakes.

But the mother of all problems, is the after service.

Parts are expensive. Really. They are never stocked. Even basic parts like wheel bearings. Let alone drive shafts or what nots.

They are slow. They can't solve problems. I had to make a fuss twice for major problems with the car that wasn't my doing. They replaced a couple of things while the problem was actually the tires.

God, I can go on and on. And I consider myself a Ford fan. Well, used to. Not any more. Am planning to upgrade now actually. The Mondeo is a terrific car. It is very much within my price range. But honest to god I'm going to skip it because of Ford service center.

amir

Posted 15 November 2011 - 09:00 AM

amir

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 490 posts
QUOTE (fretsurf @ Nov 15 2011, 01:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As a current focus owner, permit me to enlighten you.

1. No.
2. No.
3. You flingin flangin betchur a$$.

The car itself is good. Not the fastest in its class. Not the most spacious. Not the most technologically advanced either. But it handles like a charm.

There are some annoying issues, generally faced by the focus consensus. 1. gear shifts not smooth. 2. Squeaky brakes.

But the mother of all problems, is the after service.

Parts are expensive. Really. They are never stocked. Even basic parts like wheel bearings. Let alone drive shafts or what nots.

They are slow. They can't solve problems. I had to make a fuss twice for major problems with the car that wasn't my doing. They replaced a couple of things while the problem was actually the tires.

God, I can go on and on. And I consider myself a Ford fan. Well, used to. Not any more. Am planning to upgrade now actually. The Mondeo is a terrific car. It is very much within my price range. But honest to god I'm going to skip it because of Ford service center.

Really looking forward to the new Focus with ecoboost. It seemed like you have to be a trained ford mechanic yourself with contacts with oversea suppliers to be able to properly maintain yr ford.
I too am a Ford fan but I don't want to go thru' these hassles.

stinger82

Posted 15 November 2011 - 10:19 AM

stinger82

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts
so those fiesta owner and focus tdci owner are....in deep sxxx?

fretsurf

Posted 15 November 2011 - 02:30 PM

fretsurf

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
QUOTE (stinger82 @ Nov 15 2011, 10:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so those fiesta owner and focus tdci owner are....in deep sxxx?

All I can say is I wish them all the best and I really hope they won't experience what me and my wife went through.

KCi

Posted 15 November 2011 - 09:37 PM

KCi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
QUOTE (fretsurf @ Nov 15 2011, 02:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All I can say is I wish them all the best and I really hope they won't experience what me and my wife went through.

Absolutely agreed with fretsurf. I am ex Ford Focus owner as well. No joke, the car is real gem on the refinement and handling. Somehow, the car parts just doesn't last as I would expect from Conti. And, the after sales service is killing the brand. You need deep passion on the car and deep pocket as well. Just for sake of comparison, you could drive BMW if could afford the car replacement parts in long run.

flee

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:50 PM

flee

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,018 posts
Agree with what is being said here. Sime Darby Auto Connexion after sales suck big time. It takes a long time to rectify problems. Spare parts are rare and have to be ordered each time. So a routine part replacement will require at least 2 visits to the SC. Yes their troubleshooting skills leave a lot to be desired.

Should you decide to maintain your Focus outside of SDAC, I am not sure where you can source spare parts in this country. Might have to go to Singapore if you do not want to risk buying online.
Regards,
Flee