Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Toyota Camry Finale

• Please log in to reply

sammyvellu

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:25 AM

sammyvellu

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,636 posts
QUOTE (volvos40 @ Jan 31 2012, 08:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My Australian friend who tested it says nothing to get excited over their own version. Hoped our version will be competitively priced if ckd as some suggested in this forum smile_approve.gif

We should get the same version as HK & TW

Justicebao

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:54 PM

Justicebao

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,604 posts
QUOTE (scenic @ Dec 16 2011, 10:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sad to announce that we in SEA countries are getting the old 2.0 engine and old 4AT GB for the new 7th GEN Camry. smile_sleepy.gif I run far far first. Thought of giving Toyota another chance but sorry I don't think so this time.

If this is true, Toyota has lost another potential customer...I will jump the band wagon
Please join the Toyota facebook group --> HERE

LS71

Posted 01 February 2012 - 10:24 PM

LS71

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts
QUOTE (scenic @ Dec 16 2011, 10:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sad to announce that we in SEA countries are getting the old 2.0 engine and old 4AT GB for the new 7th GEN Camry. smile_sleepy.gif I run far far first. Thought of giving Toyota another chance but sorry I don't think so this time.

this is wat Toyota famous in doing. Capitalizing their strong brand name but not offering their best and latest technology to consumer and yet selling at premium price. Wat a crap if Altis is having better spec of engine and gearbox than Camry...

hope this is not happening as wat had happen to pre-facelift Altis owner. Dual VVT-i engine+ super cvt gearbox only offered for facelift model. Wat an unfair doing to 1st batch/ pre-facelift owners...

AE111GT

Posted 02 February 2012 - 11:40 AM

AE111GT

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 318 posts
Unfortunately Toyota is killing themselves.... why ?

1) 1AZ-FE is been running in the camry since 2003. 9 years already.
3ZR-FE is the way to go since Altis is using this engine. Camry cannot be lower than Altis.
2) 4 Speed is a dinosaur... 5&6 speed is a must otherwise it is a disgrace....

And yes buyers are not stupid anymore...thanks to the internet.

Not sure what is Toyota's problem or should I saw UMW problem !!!!.

Wake up and see what is going on. Their competitors have up the game.
You cant afford to be complacent... Yes 1990 is over...now it is buyers market.

Just see the influx of new brands and existing in malaysia now and they are making a killing.

Just look the european brand except Volkswagen (For the high price the quality and reliability is questionable)
Ford, Peugeot offering better product with competitive pricing and yes resale value will not be great but
remember overtime with good ownership experience will slowly change the perception.
Again consistency is the key to building good resale value.

Good example of this is Suzuki Swift.... From nowhere it re entered the market with reasonable pricing and
and over the 7 years it re built it reputation. Thanks to internet and word of mouth the re sale value is pretty strong.

So I cant defend Toyota saying that even though it is way behind in technology it has good re sale value.
That is not good enough. In malaysia cars are expensive. Toyota cannot continue to short change the customers
with old technology which they have reaped all the investment cost
. Time to move forward...as the catch phrase.

I hope Toyota proves me wrong and restores the confidence .....I once had in their product.

chien

Posted 02 February 2012 - 03:04 PM

chien

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Toyota has suffer a lot in the big tsunami flooding.
If they give too much in this new model sure cannot fund for new replacement factories.
Their management also suffer badly from an online article that they are all forced to take at least 7% salary cut. So must pity leh.

AE111GT

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:43 PM

AE111GT

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 318 posts
QUOTE (chien @ Feb 2 2012, 03:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If they give too much in this new model sure cannot fund for new replacement factories.
Their management also suffer badly from an online article that they are all forced to take at least 7% salary cut. So must pity leh.

Bro...I want to cut Toyota some slack but ...if they want to survive they need to update their product.
This is my wishlist .... Valvematic.....Dreaming.....

3ZR-FAE

Toyota's newest[when?] addition to the ZR series is the 3ZR-FAE. It is a 2.0 L (1,986cc) DOHC, 16-valve engine with Toyota's new variable lift intake technology or Valvematic.

* Specifications:
* Engine type : In-Line 4-cylinder DOHC 16-valve
* Bore x Stroke : 80.5 × 97.6 mm
* Compression Ratio : 10.0:1
* 158 PS (155 hp/116 kW) at 6,200 rpm
* 144 lb¡ft (195 N¡m) of torque 4,400 rpm
* 33 mpg
* 14.2 km/L fuel consumption (10-15 Japanese test cycle)
* 164 g/km of CO² emissions

* Applications:
* Toyota Allion (ZRT261)
* Toyota Premio (ZRT261)
* Toyota RAV4 (ZSA30/35) (Europe only)
* Toyota Avensis (ZRT272)
* Toyota Wish (ZGE21/22)
* Toyota Voxy (ZRR70/75)
* Toyota Noah (ZRR70/75)

assange

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:44 AM

assange

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
Why bother so much? Even if the next generation Camry is using old engine, Altis engine, Vios engine, 2 airbags, no VSC, it still will become Top Sale D-Segment in Malaysia. Reason being is because it is CAMRY! The name "CAMRY" already STAMP in Malaysian's mind since many years down the road... The name meant everything.

3rd Nation born Jay Rape Dog or Dog rape Jay???

profkaizen

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:42 AM

profkaizen

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 998 posts
QUOTE (assange @ Feb 3 2012, 12:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why bother so much? Even if the next generation Camry is using old engine, Altis engine, Vios engine, 2 airbags, no VSC, it still will become Top Sale D-Segment in Malaysia. Reason being is because it is CAMRY! The name "CAMRY" already STAMP in Malaysian's mind since many years down the road... The name meant everything.

The name "CAMRY" was coined from a Japanese word KAMURI かむり which meant "Crown" , a supposedly successor of the famous Toyota Crown cars [popular in the 1970's]

neo79

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:23 AM

neo79

N20 Soul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,213 posts
QUOTE (assange @ Feb 3 2012, 12:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have to agree with you! smile_big.gif

kalycar

Posted 03 February 2012 - 03:58 PM

kalycar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
QUOTE (chien @ Feb 2 2012, 03:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You work for Toyota? Just asking