Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Vw Passat 2011 (b7)

• Please log in to reply

NorthWest

Posted 06 August 2011 - 01:40 PM

NorthWest

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts
Check this out .... another plus point for choosing VWs :

http://www.volkswage...gy/tsi_dsg.html

- for those who drive a lot, VW FC seems to be one of the best. @ 40k km/year, this really save lots of fuel. Good for your pocket and environment too.

- Quite surprise to learn that Japs made has the worse FC even when comparing to other non-VW Conti.

toolkit21

Posted 06 August 2011 - 07:10 PM

toolkit21

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
I wonder which Japanese and Continental models would they be comparing against the Passat.

Here's a good review, done on a great car by a beautiful lady.

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

DC18

Posted 06 August 2011 - 10:14 PM

DC18

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
QUOTE (toolkit21 @ Aug 6 2011, 07:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wonder which Japanese and Continental models would they be comparing against the Passat.

Here's a good review, done on a great car by a beautiful lady.

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

heard coming end this year.

NorthWest

Posted 07 August 2011 - 08:34 PM

NorthWest

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts
Quote from below source dated 30 Mar 11 :

http://news.motorsto...s-regional-hub/

" the assembly of the Passat sedan and the Jetta sedan, which, Mustapa confirmed, will commence in November 2011 as scheduled.
A third model, said to be the Polo Sedan, will join the local assembly lineup from the end of 2012."

Nov 11.... still around 3 months to go smile_tongue.gif

keejeng

Posted 08 August 2011 - 11:51 PM

keejeng

6th Gear

• Members
  • 6 posts
A VW SA called me and inform me that there will be an initial batch of CBU VW Passat coming in @ RM160k (car nett price without all the loadings). CKD will follow suit in early early 2012 with 10 to 15k price drop. Sounds like its going to happen.

Was told Jetta will also be happening. Exciting time coming for VW lovers.

NorthWest

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:24 AM

NorthWest

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts
QUOTE (keejeng @ Aug 8 2011, 11:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A VW SA called me and inform me that there will be an initial batch of CBU VW Passat coming in @ RM160k (car nett price without all the loadings). CKD will follow suit in early early 2012 with 10 to 15k price drop. Sounds like its going to happen.

Great news indeed smile_thumbup.gif 1.8TSi for the Passat ?

any indication of Jetta price ? smile_tongue.gif

cruzeon

Posted 09 August 2011 - 08:40 PM

cruzeon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts
QUOTE (keejeng @ Aug 8 2011, 11:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

wow..cbu passat is cheaper than a mondeo ecoboost, could be a good buy..have to wait n test it out

leonloke

Posted 10 August 2011 - 12:19 AM

leonloke

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts
QUOTE (cruzeon @ Aug 9 2011, 08:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wow..cbu passat is cheaper than a mondeo ecoboost, could be a good buy..have to wait n test it out

I can only see one with all these new development....that is "Japanese Sandwich" . Toyota, Honda, Nissan, and Mazda are gonna get hit from the top by the European cars and hit from the bottom by the Koreans ...i.e the new Kia Optima, and the current Sonata......Tata

toolkit21

Posted 10 August 2011 - 01:42 PM

toolkit21

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
The American Passat has a rear light setup that looks more dynamic than the European version, which we will get here. And the American Passat is 4" longer too.

BUT, their engine and transmission setup isn't too spectacular (no TSI or DSG, except for 2.0TDI), since the USA is always fond of "there's no replacement for displacement" ideology.

cruzeon

Posted 10 August 2011 - 02:16 PM

cruzeon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts
QUOTE (leonloke @ Aug 10 2011, 12:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can only see one with all these new development....that is "Japanese Sandwich" . Toyota, Honda, Nissan, and Mazda are gonna get hit from the top by the European cars and hit from the bottom by the Koreans ...i.e the new Kia Optima, and the current Sonata......Tata

well, it is about time those TNH feel the heat, they have been squeezing us for so long with low spec high price cars.