Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Depreciation Of Cars

• Please log in to reply

timpain

Posted 27 December 2011 - 01:06 AM

timpain

6th Gear

• Members
  • 6 posts
Provide your car for more money than you paid for for it and you've created a revenue. Provide it for less and you've created a reduction. In car conditions, this reduction presents your car decrease. And with few exclusions, vehicles decrease in value as they experience usage through each day use.

br1

Posted 27 December 2011 - 02:52 AM

br1

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts
QUOTE (timpain @ Dec 27 2011, 01:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Provide your car for more money than you paid for for it and you've created a revenue. Provide it for less and you've created a reduction. In car conditions, this reduction presents your car decrease. And with few exclusions, vehicles decrease in value as they experience usage through each day use.

But without cars cannot cari makan (kaki payah) hahahaha, so car also can consider built in business revenue like an e.g. like hammer & saw - tools for a carpenter tools, or office workers without cars how to go to work? like my neighbour shoot out from home at 6.00am, bus service also not available and maybe bus driver still sleeping lor?
just my 1 ct.

jacksonljs

Posted 27 December 2011 - 08:47 PM

jacksonljs

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 373 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Aug 9 2011, 08:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This colleague, I don't know his background. One day drive 350Z come, say not his. Next day drive wife's Civic, then his Wajunk.
Every now and then will still bring the 350Z. One day he found out from another colleague I tyre sifu, then he ask. I went and see, he fitted 19".... smile_shock.gif So told him the prices. Then one day he ask office Insurance company about Insurance and finally ask about road tax, so confirm his loh.... But later sold.... smile_wink.gif

Running cost for 350/370z for 1 year (rough estimation) : ~RM4.5k (350z)/~RM5k (370z) for road tax (Penisular based) + 4 tyres costs between RM10k ~ RM15k, maximum lifespan 2 years before reach tread wear indicator (depends on usage) + RM2k minimum for annual maintenance (not including those wear and tear parts), it can be a lot higher for older car + RM1.5k for insurance (55% NCD with car valued around RM110k without other loadings) + RM thousands for extra budget if something unexpected happen, eg breakdown. That's roughly RM15k ~ RM25k only for 1 year , it can be more than that (Monthly instalment and fuel cost not yet taken into consideration as these 2 components is a variable cost).

vr2turbo

Posted 27 December 2011 - 09:20 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,444 posts
Can maintain then get one..... smile_tongue.gif

kaylcar

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:22 PM

kaylcar

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,589 posts
QUOTE (stinger82 @ Aug 3 2011, 02:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well,

its simple.

rx8= high fuel consumption(higher than DC5) due to rotary engine design, and the rotary engine needs engine rebuild/overhaul every 100k km. Not many ppl can service the car for rx8 too.

so those that are selling cheap are near to engine rebuild time. costs about 10k-20k.

rx8 = sports car, higher maintenance to mortals.

dc5= honda, so usually fetch higher price, and the price for last 5 years it hardly depreciate. 5 years ago dc5 is rm150k, now its the same price.

I have an RX8 and I paid 210k for it brand new in 2010. Every service costs me about RM125, and the road tax is RM70 for 12 months. The engine does not need overhaul every 100k km, but unfortunately these cars are modified and spoiled by owners who do not take proper care of them. Piston heads cannot appreciate these engines!! The rotary engine is an ingenious and simple design but very powerful for a naturally aspirated engine. Put a turbo on and you can easily get 400bhp from a 1.3 litre !! I don't think you will find any local ones sold here on the 2nd hand market, nearly all are imported from Japan and "reconditioned".
I would rather be seen driving an RX8 than a Honda DC5 (whateverthefuckthatis!) or any Honda for that matter. As for FC, I get 8km/L average which is same as my diesel 4x4, not bad for a sports car in my opinion, but then again I didn't buy it for the FC!
Depreciation?...don't give a shit as I don't intend to sell it. smile_approve.gif smile_approve.gif smile_approve.gif
1,463,700 Scoville heat units.....can u feel the burn?

vr2turbo

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:16 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,444 posts
RM70 road tax shiok leh..... smile_thumbup.gif

sammyvellu

Posted 04 February 2012 - 10:56 AM

sammyvellu

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,636 posts
Well, you can say that all Korean Cars have very low RV

citre8v

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:23 AM

citre8v

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts
QUOTE (kaylcar @ Jan 1 2012, 04:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have an RX8 and I paid 210k for it brand new in 2010. Every service costs me about RM125, and the road tax is RM70 for 12 months. The engine does not need overhaul every 100k km, but unfortunately these cars are modified and spoiled by owners who do not take proper care of them. Piston heads cannot appreciate these engines!! The rotary engine is an ingenious and simple design but very powerful for a naturally aspirated engine. Put a turbo on and you can easily get 400bhp from a 1.3 litre !! I don't think you will find any local ones sold here on the 2nd hand market, nearly all are imported from Japan and "reconditioned".
I would rather be seen driving an RX8 than a Honda DC5 (whateverthefuckthatis!) or any Honda for that matter. As for FC, I get 8km/L average which is same as my diesel 4x4, not bad for a sports car in my opinion, but then again I didn't buy it for the FC!
Depreciation?...don't give a shit as I don't intend to sell it. smile_approve.gif smile_approve.gif smile_approve.gif

There are pros and cons of rotary engines..

Rotary engines are very simple, they rev very high, you can get over 200HP out of a motor not much bigger then the one on your lawn mower, they are lightweight. They have a triangular shaped rotor inside that spins on a geared shaft inside an oval chamber, the shaft spins at 1/2 the RPM as the rotor. They generaly have 2 rotors in the average motor. They have no valves, they have ports, the intake port is located in the area of the rotation where the rotor is farthest from the side of the chamber and as the rotor turns in the oval chamber it gets closer to the chamber wall and compresses the gas in till it gets to the combustion area

They were originaly designed by Felix Wankel in the 60's and had the ports in the face of the chamber but then when Mazda started using the design they realized that this lead to premature wear of the apex seals on the corners of the rotor so they switched one of the ports to the chamber wall and on their most recent design both of the ports are now located on the chamber wall. The two biggest problems with the rotary is there lack of torque and the seals. In warm climates they will achieve 250,000 plus miles if maintained but in colder climates they are too tight on start up and often loose there compresstion at a very young age.

The parts for these motors are also extremly expensive and they are very hard on gas even in a light sports car like the RX-7 they only got mid 20's mpg. Yes they do burn oil because they have an oil injection system that takes small metered amounts of the motor oil from the oiling system and mixes it into the fuel to lubricate the seals. They also have a cold start feature on all models sold outside Calif. that injects a 90:10 mix of antifreeze into the fuel system in tempatures below -10 C. They were also used in NSU cars in the 60's.

sammyvellu

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:24 AM

sammyvellu

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,636 posts
http://www.malaysiaw...hp?topic=3779.0
http://paultan.org/2...next-gen-model/

Just at other forums. They are all consistent in saying that Kimchis have low RV

fkmfkm

Posted 08 February 2012 - 12:40 PM

fkmfkm

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,021 posts
QUOTE (sammyvellu @ Feb 7 2012, 12:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://www.malaysiaw...hp?topic=3779.0
http://paultan.org/2...next-gen-model/

Just at other forums. They are all consistent in saying that Kimchis have low RV

dont worry to much about depreciation of cars...

human body also depreciate...