Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

New Goodyear Efficientgrip Performance Suv For My Subaru Forester

• Please log in to reply

vr2turbo

Posted 03 August 2018 - 01:07 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,495 posts

Was looking out for new model tyres to try for my Subaru Forester. Found the new Goodyear Efficientgrip Performance SUV but they did not have them in my tyre size of 225/60R17. In Goodyear website the size is listed but found they have not been manufactured yet. Waited 3 months from February 2018, but until end April found the size still not in production. This model is manufactured in Goodyear factory in Thailand.

So finally opt for the X-trail/CX-5 and CRV tyre size of 225/65R17. This tyre size is 3.2% larger in diameter, so my speedo meter will under read by 3kph. Since the forester is mostly driven by my wife, comfort and quiet are our main priorities, knowing with 3% larger diameter we will loose some pick up.

Initial drive was not bad, I think is due to the CVT gears I did not feel too much lost in pick up. The tyres are very quiet, even the tyre shop boss who drove out for a test, mentioned they are really quiet. My wife and even my daughter who sat in later mentioned they are less tyre noise. With a tyre that is made for comfort now couple with a higher aspect ratio of 65 series it is much more comfortable now.

Now after 3 months use, really love the quietness and comfort. Outstation drive is now really nice, but hear more wind noise.....lol

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20180504_102747.jpg
  • IMG_20180504_104025-1.jpg
  • IMG_20180504_102411.jpg
  • IMG_20180504_103047.jpg
  • IMG_20180504_102647.jpg
  • IMG_20180504_102224.jpg

flee

Posted 07 August 2018 - 12:54 PM

flee

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,018 posts
Wah, now u have a big, heavy, high cog car! A long way from the VR! Good to see you can enjoy its tyres too - from a different perspective!
Regards,
Flee

chargerguy

Posted 07 August 2018 - 08:14 PM

chargerguy

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Wahhh...Uncle Vr..Manyak cantek kirita....:)

vr2turbo

Posted 08 August 2018 - 02:34 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,495 posts

Wah, now u have a big, heavy, high cog car! A long way from the VR! Good to see you can enjoy its tyres too - from a different perspective!

VR still have, because this one driven mostly by my wife..... :P

Wahhh...Uncle Vr..Manyak cantek kirita.... :)

Wah! Taikor suddenly appear.....

chargerguy

Posted 17 August 2018 - 10:41 PM

chargerguy

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

U taikor larrr Uncle..its time for tyre and always refer and check here as well when it comes to round round thingy....:)

vr2turbo

Posted 18 August 2018 - 03:47 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,495 posts

U taikor larrr Uncle..its time for tyre and always refer and check here as well when it comes to round round thingy.... :)

Oh! need to change the big black donut. You same as a few others, come back only when need to change........lol

junheng

Posted 18 September 2018 - 11:52 AM

junheng

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

im using Michelin Latitude.. about 500+/donut few years back.

Time to change and front is botak di.

Considering:

Goodyear Efficientgrip Performance (after read this post)

Bridgestone dueler ht 684 (from tyre review website)

Budget < rm500 .

vr2turbo

Posted 19 September 2018 - 08:09 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,495 posts

im using Michelin Latitude.. about 500+/donut few years back.

Time to change and front is botak di.

Considering:

Goodyear Efficientgrip Performance (after read this post)

Bridgestone dueler ht 684 (from tyre review website)

Budget < rm500 .

Your ride is a SUV? Basically SUV previously shared tyres with 4x4, that is why they have M/T, A/T and H/T tyres. H/T or highway terrain was added because SUV wanted a more quiet and comfortable tyre, but tyre manufacturer have further develop SUV tyre. Many thought SUV tyres are tougher than passenger car tyres, but reading their specs of similar sizes, they have the same rating. To me they are developed to be closer to passenger tyre comfort and quietness for SUV.

If you are strictly tarmac users like most of use, made for SUV tyres are the way to go currently. You want something more to M+S can try Goodyear Wrangler Triplemax....http://autoworld.com...x-for-forester/

junheng

Posted 22 September 2018 - 02:11 PM

junheng

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts
Tks. Driving this CRV for 8yrs, never on dirt yet.

vr2turbo

Posted 23 September 2018 - 03:11 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,495 posts

Tks. Driving this CRV for 8yrs, never on dirt yet.

Oh! CRV then this Goodyear Efficientgrip Performance SUV is right for you. I am now on 225/65R17 your tyre size up from 225/60R17 because at that time when I fitted don't have my size yet. They are very quiet and comfortable....