Welcome to www.autoworld.com.my, a web service (“Services”) owned by Autoworld.com.my Sdn. Bhd. (Co. No. 804477-T), a company incorporated in Malaysia and located at Wisma Jobstreet.com, No. 27, Lorong Medan Tuanku 1, (Off Jalan Sultan Ismail), 50300 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (“AWSB”).
The Services currently include posting of cars and accessories for sale either through auction or classifieds, a community section where members may publish and share photographs, review cars and articles, and view Members Directory (“Community Section”) and a forum section for discussion (“Forum”). If you wish to access, browse or use the Services, you must accept without modification all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement, which are binding for each and every time the Services are accessed or used. If you wish not to be bound by the following terms and conditions, your exclusive remedy is not to access or use the Services.
The term “we” or “our” appearing hereinafter means Autoworld.com.my Sdn. Bhd.
Changes to this Agreement
1. We may, in our sole discretion, modify, update or revise this Agreement at any time, and you agree to be bound by these modifications or revisions. The amended terms shall automatically become effective upon posting on our Site. Your continued access to or use of this Site after such change shall constitute your (i) acknowledgement of this Agreement, as modified/revised from time to time; and (ii) consent to abide and be bound by this Agreement, as modified/revised from time to time. The Services are also governed by posted guidelines, rules, disclaimers, and other terms and conditions (collectively, “Other Terms”). All such Other Terms are hereby incorporated by reference into this Agreement.
2. We reserve the right to terminate the Services or any part(s) thereof at any time, for any reasons whatsoever, and without notice to you.
3. You are responsible for periodically reviewing these terms, conditions and notices.
4. This Agreement was last revised on 9th January 2003.
1. Our Services are available only to corporate bodies and individuals who are at least 18 years of age who can form legally binding contracts under the Malaysian law. Individuals below the age of 18, who are considered as minors, are not allowed to use the Services.
2. You must :
(i) only use the Services for your personal use and not for any business purposes;
(ii) only have one active registration for the Services at any one time;
(iii) ensure all information provided to us is accurate, honest, complete and not misleading;
(iv) keep your user name, password and any other security features secure and not allow others to use them, which are non-transferable. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorised use of your password or registration details. We are not responsible for any loss which you may incur as a result of any unauthorised person using your password or registration details;
(v) not register under the name of, nor attempt to access or use the Services under the name of another person;
(vi) update your registration details as necessary in order to keep them current;
(vii) act reasonably and honestly;
(viii) comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations; and
3. We reserve the right to disallow use of user name that we deem offensive or inappropriate.
4. We may refuse or deny access to anyone, at our sole discretion.
Posting of Cars and Accessories for Sale
1. The “Sell” link on the Site merely acts as a channel for sellers to sell vehicles, accessories and auto-related items, through auctions or classifieds. We are not involved in the actual transaction between buyers and sellers. The price and other terms of any sale remain subject to direct negotiation between the buyer and the seller. As a result, we have no control over the quality, safety or legality of the items advertised, the truth or accuracy of the listings, the ability of sellers to sell items or the ability of buyers to buy items. We cannot and do not control whether or not sellers will complete the sale of items they offer or whether buyers will complete the purchase of items. In addition, note that there are risks of dealing with people in other countries, minors or people acting under false pretence. We encourage you to communicate directly with a trading partner to help you evaluate the other party.
2. Because we do not and cannot be involved in user-to-user dealings, in the event that you have a dispute with one or more users, you release us and the Site (including our agents, operators, managers and employees) from all claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
3. We cannot control the information provided by other users which is made available on our Site. Note that all graphics displayed in listings may reside on our servers, but we do not and cannot control the images that are uploaded by our users. Information and images posted by a member may be offensive, harmful or inaccurate, and in some cases will be mislabelled or deceptively labelled. We expect that you will use caution and common sense when using our site. We are not liable for any images that have been placed on our servers, as they are beyond our control.
Bidding and Buying in Auctions
1. If you bid on an item, it is an irrevocable offer to buy the item at the bid price. You are obligated to complete the transaction. The winning bidder is the one who places the highest bid on an item that meets or exceeds the minimum price as stipulated by the seller, or, if the auction contains a reserve, that meets or exceeds the reserve price set by the seller.
2. Winning bidders are obligated to complete the transaction. Bids are not retractable except in exceptional circumstances such as the seller materially changing the description of the item after your bid or clear typographical errors. You may not bid in a way that exposes the maximum bid of other bidders, then retract the high bid, and re-bid at a smaller increment above the legitimate high bidder.
Listing and Selling
1. Please list your item(s) for sale in its appropriate category only. All items sold in quantity must be identical (the size, colour, make, and model must be the same for each item). In your listings, you may not link to or include advertising for goods or services which : (i) describes an item that you are not trying to sell on our Site or (ii) you do not have a right to link to or include.
2. You may not list on our Site or sell any item using our Site which :
(i) infringes any third party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy;
(ii) otherwise causes legally-recognised harm (such as a product that contains a defamatory statement); or
(iii) is illegal under, or your sale to the buyer would violate, any applicable law, statute, ordinance or regulation.
3. Without limiting the foregoing, you may not list on our Site or sell through our Site, alcohol beverages, cigarettes, drugs, items of a pornographic nature or any other items which are not auto-related. Furthermore, you may not list on our Site or sell through our Site any item that could cause us to violate any applicable law, statute, ordinance or regulation. We reserve the right to remove any item(s) that we deem fit in our sole discretion.
4. In the case of auction, if you receive one or more bids above your stated reserve price, you are then obligated to complete the transaction. You may not use an alias or agent to place bids to make your auction a hot auction.
Contacting Other Users on the Site
1. The Site provides you with features to enable you to e-mail other users. However, there are limitations on your right to use such features. You may not e-mail bidders in a currently open auction being run by a different seller, offering similar or the same item as in that auction. You are not allowed to collect e-mail addresses, User Ids, telephone numbers and other personally identifiable information of other users from the Site.
No Price Manipulation
Sellers may not manipulate the price of their item, either by using a secondary account or third party or by bidding themselves.
You may not use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper functioning of the Site or any auction being conducted on our Site. You may not use the Services in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the Services or our infrastructure.
Community Section and Forum
The Service contains a Community Section and a Forum.
The content of the Community Section and Forum, including the contents of specific postings, is provided by and is the sole responsibility of the person posting it and we take no responsibility for such content. We do not control the information posted in the Community Section and Forum and we have no obligation to monitor the Community Section and Forum. Instead, we merely provide access to such content as a service to you.
Links to Third Party Sites
1. The Services contain links to and collaborates with third party web sites that are maintained by others (“Third Party Sites”). These links have been provided solely for you to obtain further information about other relevant products and services in the market. We have absolutely no control over the information on these Third Party Sites or the products and services on them, and therefore, make no representations or warranties regarding the accuracy or suitability of the information or materials on them. Inclusion of any link to a Third Party Site does not imply our endorsement of that site nor of the materials or products described therein or any association with its operators. You are advised to make your own enquiries in relation to linked Third Party Sites. Should you decide to access such linked Third Party Sites, you do so at your own risk.
2. You are solely responsible for any dealings with third parties (including advertisers) who support the Services or are identified in the web pages that are part of the Services, including the delivery of and payment for goods and services.
1. We have the sole discretion to decide whether content/material/posting is prohibited on the Site and any contents/materials/postings submitted to the Site may be examined from time to time. Although we do not and cannot examine all contents, materials and postings submitted or transmitted to the Site, if we discover contents/materials/ postings that allegedly do not conform to any term of this Agreement, we may (but assume no obligation to) investigate the allegation and determine in good faith and in our sole discretion, without notice to you, whether or not to remove, move or edit the content/material/posting. We will not return removed materials to a member and we are not responsible for any loss of data and/or files resulting from removal of member material, network or system outages, file corruption or for any other reason.
2. We reserve the right to terminate, suspend or restrict your access to the Services or any part thereof at any time without notice for any reason whatsoever (including but not limited to your breach of this Agreement or if we are unable to verify/authenticate any information which you provide to us).
3. Our performance of this Agreement is subject to existing laws and legal process, and nothing contained in this Agreement is in derogation of our right to comply with governmental, court, and law enforcement requests or requirements relating to your use of the Services or information provided to or gathered by us with respect to such use.
1. You agree :
(i) that you alone are responsible for your own communications/postings/e-mail messages and for any consequences thereof;
(ii) to ensure that any communications/postings/e-mails sent by you to our Site are legal and proper;
(iii) that all intellectual property rights in the Site, the Services and the Content, including trademarks, are and shall remain our property and/or (where applicable) the property of third party companies and suppliers of any Content on this Site, and you shall not acquire any rights in them. “Content” means any information, reports, articles, graphics or other forms of content;
(iv) that you will not forward, distribute, copy or otherwise exploit the Content or the Services on a systematic or commercial basis;
(v) that you will not defame, abuse, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
(vi) that you will not publish, post, upload, download, process, digitise, store, share, distribute or disseminate or otherwise display on our Site or offer to do the same (hereinafter “Post”) any material, content or information which is inappropriate, defamatory, trade libellous, infringing, obscene, pornographic, or of an adult or sexual nature, unlawful or which is grossly offensive to the online community, including but not limited to, blatant expressions of bigotry, prejudice, racism, hatred and profanity or which exploits or discloses personally identifiable information about others, or which promotes or provides information about illegal activities, or promotes any harm or injury to any group, individual or cruelty to animals including but not limited to instructions on how to assemble or use bombs, grenades or other weapons, or which violates any law, statute, ordinance or regulation (including without limitation those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising);
(vii) that you will not Post any communications/postings/e-mail messages that infringe any patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret or other proprietary right of any party, unless you are the owner of those rights or have the owner’s explicit permission to post or transmit such material. Photographs and other images published in books, magazines, posters, calendars, web sites and other media are generally protected by copyright law. By submitting material to this Site, you are permanently granting us all rights to the material, including the right to modify the material, use it commercially and maintain the material in an archive;
(viii) that you will not Post any files that contain viruses, corrupted files, trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots or any other similar software or programs that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information;
(ix) that you will not conduct or forward surveys, contests, pyramid schemes or chain letters;
(x) that you will not download any file Posted by another user that you know, or reasonably should know, that cannot be legally distributed in such manner;
(xi) that you will not impersonate another person or entity, or falsify or delete any author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is Posted;
(xii) not to use information concerning other users of this Site or the vehicles/goods they have listed or searched for on this Site (including listing information, user names, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, and/or other information), for any purpose other than to explore the potential purchase or sale of a listed vehicle/goods; and
(xiii) that you will not restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Services.
2. Spamming or data scrapping is prohibited on this Site.
By posting communications/material on or through the Services, you automatically grant us a non-exclusive, world wide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, modify, edit, translate, distribute, perform, and display the communication/material alone or as part of other works in any form, media or technology whether now known or hereafter developed, and to sub-license such rights through multiple tiers of sub-licensees. You are the owner of all materials submitted by you to the Site and you represent and guarantee to us, as a condition of membership, that you are the legal owner of the copyright to all materials you submit to this Site or that you have the explicit permission from the copyright owner to submit the materials to this Site.
E-Mails from Autoworld Web Site to Members
We reserve the right to send you marketing communications and communications relating to the Services, such as service announcements, administrative messages and newsletters, from time to time. However, all communications will contain information on how to unsubscribe from that e-mail list. In the event that you receive an e-mail that you think is unsolicited, please e-mail us at email@example.com, and we will make every effort to have your e-mail address removed from future mailings.
WE AND/OR OUR SUPPLIERS PROVIDE THE SITE AND OUR SERVICES ON AN “AS IS” BASIS AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. WE AND OUR AGENTS, SUPPLIERS AND LICENSORS HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY OR THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. WE AND OUR AGENTS, SUPPLIERS AND LICENSORS MAKE NO WARRANTIES ABOUT THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS OR TIMELINESS OF THE MATERIALS, SOFTWARE, SERVICES, TEXT, GRAPHICS AND LINKS.
WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICES WILL OPERATE ERROR-FREE OR THAT THE SERVICES OR OUR SERVERS ARE FREE OF COMPUTER VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL ITEMS. IF YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES RESULTS IN THE NEED FOR SERVICING OR REPLACING EQUIPMENT OR DATA, WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE COSTS.
Limitation of Liability.
1. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE AND/OR OUR SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR LOST PROFITS OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF USE OR DATA) ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THE SERVICES, WITH THE DELAY OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES, OR FOR ANY INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICES, OR OTHERWISE ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF THE SERVICES, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF WE OR ANY OF OUR SUPPLIERS HAVE BEEN ADVISED BEFOREHAND OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
2. YOU AGREE THAT THE LIABILITY OF AWSB, OUR AGENTS, SUPPLIERS AND LICENSORS, IF ANY, TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES ARISING OUT OF ANY KIND OF LEGAL CLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR OTHERWISE RELATED TO THE SERVICES WILL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNT YOU PAID, IF ANY, FOR THE USE OF THE SERVICES OUT OF WHICH SUCH LIABILITY ALLEGEDLY ARISES.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold us, our related companies and affiliates, our officers, directors, employees, operators, agents, co-branders, licensors and any other partners harmless, from and against any losses, expenses, damages, claims, actions or demands, including without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, alleging or resulting from your use or posting of communications or advertisements on our site and the conduct of another accessing the Services through your membership, or your breach of any terms of this Agreement.
General Compliance with Laws.
You shall comply with all applicable laws, statutes, ordinances and regulations regarding your use of our servers and your bidding on, listing, purchase or sale of items. If you access the Services from outside of Malaysia, you are also responsible for compliance with the laws of your jurisdiction.
1. “Your information” includes any information which you provide to us or other users during the registration, bidding or listing process, in any public message area or through any e-mail feature (including without limitation, your contact details, registration and payment details, support problems, details around participation in events, prize draws or surveys and certain details of your interests and preferences).
Intellectual Property Rights
1. All of the material on the Site and displayed in the Autoworld Desktop software program is protected by the copyright laws of Malaysia, other copyright laws and international conventions. Except as explicitly provided in this Agreement, you may not copy, distribute, transmit, display, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, commercially exploit or otherwise transfer any of the materials on this Site, whether in electronic format or otherwise.
2. If you believe that your material or the material of another has been wrongfully copied, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In order for us to investigate and address your complaint, please provide us with all information requested.
3. Upon notice of a potential copyright infringement, we may immediately delete or suspend access to the infringing material. We may also provide the member who posted the allegedly infringing material with contact information of the complaining party and may ask that the member work with the complaining party to resolve the dispute.
4. If your postings are repeatedly challenged as copyright infringements, we may be required to terminate your membership.
You agree that no agency, partnership, joint venture, employment or franchising relationship exists between you and AWSB as a result of this Agreement or use of the Services.
Except as explicitly stated otherwise, any notices to us shall be given by e-mail to email@example.com and any notices to you shall be sent to the e-mail address you provided to www.autoworld.com.my during the registration process, or such other address as the party shall specify. The notice shall be deemed to have been given 24 hours after the e-mail is sent, unless the sending party is notified that the e-mail address is invalid. Alternatively, we may give you notice by mail, to the address provided to www.autoworld.com.my during the registration process. In such case, the notice shall be deemed to have been given 3 days after the date of mailing.
1. This Agreement shall be governed in all respects by the laws of Malaysia. As such, laws are applied to agreements entered into and performed entirely within Malaysia and between Malaysian residents. Both parties irrevocably submit to jurisdiction in Malaysia and further agree that any cause of action arising under this Agreement shall be brought exclusively to a court in Malaysia. You irrevocably waive, to the fullest extent permitted by law, any objection which you may now or hereafter have to the laying of the venue of any such action or proceeding brought in such a court and any claim that any action or proceeding brought in such a court has been brought in an inconvenient forum.
2. We do not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to our Services, and the operation of our site may be interfered with by numerous factors outside of our control.
3. In relation to your use of the Services, we are not liable for any promotions, competitions, offers for goods or services, and events promoted on the Services which are run by third parties such as advertisers and sponsors, nor for any factual, technical or typographical errors or omissions, missing or unavailable or incomplete Content or the fact that the Content is not up to date.
5. Headings are for reference purposes only, and in no way define, limit, construe or describe the scope or extent of such sections.
6. Our failure to act with respect to a breach by you or others does not waive our right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches.
7. This Agreement, including the documents expressly incorporated by reference above, constitute the entire understanding and agreement between you and AWSB with respect to the Services and the Site.
8. If you have any questions that our help section cannot answer, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.