Want the space but not the bulk of an SUV? Then you need a Cross Utility Vehicle (CUV). And Sime Darby Auto Performance (SDAP) has one for you in the form of the Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo. As the latest variant of the first fully-electric Porsche, the Taycan Cross Turismo continues the systematic pursuit of sustainable mobility.
The new Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo features impressive spaciousness and versatility. An extra 47 mm of headroom for the rear passengers, and a maximum cargo capacity of more than 1,200 litres (with rear seatbacks folded down) make the Taycan Cross Turismo an all-rounder. Furthermore, the new high-tech chassis with all-wheel drive and adaptive air suspension is standard across the Cross Turismo range and ensures uncompromising dynamics both on- and off-road. It has 20 mm higher ground clearance compared to the Taycan saloon.
With the optional Offroad Design package, ground clearance can be increased by up to 30 mm. This means that the Cross Turismo can be driven on challenging off-road terrain, especially with the new “Gravel” mode exclusive to the Cross Turismo. This new feature manages torque distribution through traction-optimised shifting and other chassis settings, increasing the suitability of the Cross Turismo for poor-quality roads.
This Cross Turismo uses innovative 800V technology for fast charging and enables a usable all-electric driving range.
The Performance Battery Plus, which has a total capacity of 93.4 kWh, is fitted as standard across the Cross Turismo model range. The model range available in Malaysia are:
- Taycan 4 Cross Turismo : 280 kW (380 PS), overboost power for Launch Control 350 kW (476 PS); acceleration 0-100 km/h in 5.1 seconds; top speed 220 km/h; range (NEDC) 437 km
- Taycan 4S Cross Turismo : 360 kW (490 PS), overboost power with Launch Control 420 kW (571 PS); acceleration 0-100 km/h in 4.1 seconds; top speed 240 km/h; range (NEDC) 436 km
- Taycan Turbo Cross Turismo : 460 kW (625 PS), overboost power with Launch Control 500 kW (680 PS); acceleration 0-100 km/h in 3.3 seconds; top speed 250 km/h; range (NEDC) 425 km
Looking like a hiked-up Taycan, the shooting brake style Cross Turismo gets off-road design elements including wheel arch trims, unique front and rear lower aprons and side sills. As part of the optional Offroad Design package, the Cross Turismo has special flaps at the corners of the front and rear bumpers and at the ends of the sills. These make for a striking exterior as well as providing protection from stone impacts.
The new Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo in Malaysia are priced as follows:
- Taycan 4 Cross Turismo – starts from RM645,209
- Taycan 4S Cross Turismo – starts from RM728,727
- Taycan Turbo Cross Turismo – starts from RM968,928
The Taycan Cross Turismo will be available for viewing at Porsche Centres nationwide in the coming weeks. To schedule your individual appointment to view the car, please visit https://bit.ly/