All Sime Darby Auto Hyundai (SDAH) service centres have resumed operations, after Hyundai-Sime Darby Motors (HSDM) obtained approval from the Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI) to do so in stages starting 20 April 2020.
As we are still in the Movement Control Order (MCO) period, all guidelines and laws of the MCO still apply. The service centres will only allow a minimal number of service personnel and customers inside. Thus, SDAH service centres are only accepting customers with service appointments. NO walk-in requests will be allowed or entertained. Adhering strictly to health and safety guidelines, all SDAH service centres will implement social distancing measures, disinfect regularly, run temperature checks for staff and customers upon entry, and provide hand sanitisers at all customer touch points.
The SDAH service centres are located at Ara Damansara, Petaling Jaya; Old Klang Road, Kuala Lumpur; Ipoh, Perak; Georgetown and Prai, Penang; and Skudai, Johor.
The contact numbers for SDAH Service Centres are:
- Ara Damansara, Petaling Jaya (03-7628 2500)
- Old Klang Road, Kuala Lumpur (03-7984 5388)
- Skudai, Johor (07-2340 714)
- Ipoh, Perak (05-2533 399)
- Prai, Penang (04-3997 788)
- Georgetown, Penang (04-2811 210)
You will need to call the SDAH service centre of your choice to book a service appointment. You can also contact a service advisor directly to make arrangements.
The centres operating hours will be limited to 9 am – 4 pm on weekdays and 9 am – 12 noon on Saturdays for most SDAH service centres, except for outlets in Georgetown and Prai, which will operate from 8 am – 5 pm and 9 am – 2 pm respectively.
HSDM has also launched the Hyundai C A R E Warranty Extension Programme, which allows for the extension of original warranties that expired in March and April. This initiative is in tandem with Hyundai Motor Company’s launch of its warranty extension policy for Hyundai vehicles worldwide.
Hyundai C A R E aims to offer peace of mind for Hyundai customers with regards to their warranty eligibility for repairs and other related services, delayed due to the temporary shutdown of all service centres in adherence of the MCO imposed by the government.
“We understand our customers’ predicament of not having access to our service centres during this period, and they are probably worried about their warranty,” said Mr Low Yuan Lung, Managing Director of HSDM.
“With Hyundai C A R E, we wish to set their minds at ease with regards to their warranty eligibility. Not only do we care about our customers’ health and safety, we care about the ‘health’ and safety of their vehicles as well.”
Hyundai C A R E ensures that all Hyundai vehicles with original warranties that expire between 18 March and 28 April 2020, will benefit from warranty extensions until 31 May 2020. Nonetheless, should the MCO period be extended further, the warranty will be extended for 30 days from the last day of MCO.
*The Hyundai C A R E covers the following:
- Vehicles which have not fulfilled the service maintenance based on the Periodic Maintenance Service Schedule due to the MCO.
- Warranty for vehicles expiring during the MCO period (18 March – 28 April 2020) will be extended until 31 May 2020.
- Warranty for vehicles expiring during the MCO period (28 April 2020 onwards) will be extended for
30 days from the last day of MCO.
- Vehicles with service overdue due to MCO – the vehicle will need to be sent in for service within 30 days from the last day of MCO to ensure the validity of the warranty.
- All approved warranty that are pending part replacement during MCO.
*All of the above are subject to warranty terms and conditions.
For more information, customers can visit www.hyundai.com.my or contact the Customer Care Line: 1300-13-2000.