TC Euro Cars, the franchise holder of Renault vehicles for Malaysia, will give a preview of its updated flagship Koleos SUV on 2 – 3 November 2019 at the Premium Auto Car Expo in Setia City Convention Centre. Renault’s premium D-segment SUV will continue to be offered in two variants – the Koleos and Koleos Signature.
Keeping to the same dimensions i.e. 2,705 mm wheelbase and total length of 4,672 mm, the updated exterior design has a more aggressive and muscular look; Renault’s Pure Vision LED headlamps is available on both variants.
Key enhancements to the new Renault Koleos include:
- New front bumper with full-width chrome detailing that extends all the way to the fog lamps on each side with two-tone finishing
- New rear bumper that benefits from additional chrome trims and two-tone finishing
- New colour options of Amethyst Black, Millesime Red and Ultra Silver in addition to the existing Universal White and Black Metallic colours
- New 19″ alloy wheels for Koleos Signature and 18″ alloy wheels for the Koleos variant
- Both variants are now equipped with convenient hands-free power tailgate which is height adjustable
- Smartphone replication feature through the 8.7″ R-LINK2 multimedia system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity
- Rear passenger seats with a two-step adjustable seat configuration for enhanced comfort
- Electric panoramic sunroof (for Koleos Signature only)
- Powered seats for both the driver and front passengers
The Renault Koleos continues to be powered by a 2.5L petrol engine that is mated to an X-Tronic CVT for optimised fuel economy. This efficient engine is capable of delivering maximum power of 171 PS and peak torque of 226 Nm, while fuel efficiency is 8.1L/100km.
Also continued in this facelift is its class-leading cabin spaciousness. The front seats that are among the segment’s most comfortable and rear knee room is a good 289 mm; rear passengers also get generous head room, shoulder room and elbow room. The rear seats now feature a two-step reclining backrest for added comfort.
The new Renault Koleos is priced from RM179,888 for the Koleos variant and RM189,888 for the Koleos Signature variant (on-the-road, without insurance, for private registration in Peninsular Malaysia). Like all Renault mainstream vehicles, the Koleos comes with a five-year full manufacturer’s warranty with unlimited mileage. It also includes a free regular maintenance service package of five years or 100,000 km (whichever comes first). Additionally, bookings made in November will enjoy up to RM15,000 for trade-ins on top of the assessed vehicle value.
Like the Renault Captur, the new Koleos is also available through Renault Subscription for those who want to enjoy the freedom and flexibility of using the new Koleos but do not want to commit to a long-term loan, rigid lock-ins and depreciation costs. The Koleos plan prices are: