Wearnes Automotive, MHV Autohaus (Volkswagen Gombak) & Lee Motors Autohaus were recently awarded Best Dealer of 2018 at the recent Volkswagen Dealer Awards hosted by Volkswagen Passenger Cars Malaysia (VPCM). These three were judged and scored based on the dealer’s efforts in sales and marketing, aftersales, customer satisfaction, dealer standards compliance and manpower qualification. The VW dealers were monitored from January until December 2018.
The Volkswagen Dealer Awards recognizes and celebrates top performing dealers and dealer employees for their achievements in supporting the Volkswagen brand in Malaysia in 2018. Four awards were presented under the dealership category, which comprised of dealers with 3S and 4S centres.
The recipients for Best Dealer in their respective categories (by location and region) were:
- Category A – 4S centres: Wearnes Automotive
- Category B – dealers within Klang Valley: MHV Autohaus
- Category C – dealers outside of Klang Valley: Lee Motors Autohaus
MHV Autohaus also won the Best Overall Dealer for 2018 award, which it had also won in 2017.
Individual talents within the VW dealer network were also acknowledged and awarded for their exceptional performances in their roles as Sales Manager, Sales Consultant, Aftersales Manager, Parts Manager, Service Advisor and Technician.
Individuals from the respective categories were tested on both qualitative and quantitative KPI achievements for the different levels and positions. The criteria include sales and aftersales targets, customer satisfaction, adherence to processes and procedures and attaining required training and qualifications.
The six individual Overall Top Achievers were:
- James Leong of MHV Autohaus for Best Sales Manager
- Yan Mun Ee of Goh Brothers, Ipoh for Best Sales Consultant
- William Loh of MHV Autohaus for Best Aftersales Manager
- John Leow of MHV Autohaus for Best Parts Manager
- Azrul Muzakhair of Wearnes Sg Besi for Best Service Advisor
- Husni Thamrin of Lee Motors, Alor Setar for Best Techinician
Erik Winter, Managing Director of VPCM said that the awards were held to recognise all the hard work of Volkswagen dealers, and was designed to raise the benchmark of dealer standards across the network. “Year after year, we continue to encourage and steer our dealer partners to strive on continuous improvements. It is through our partners that we build trust and confidence amongst our owners to enhance their overall ownership experience, and we are pleased to be able to honour our high-achievers in recognising all the hard work they have put into their business for the Volkswagen brand.”
Also receiving their trophies at the same time were the winners of the National Finals 2018/2019 Volkswagen Retail Qualification World Championship (RQWC):
- Lu Weng Jen of MHV Autohaus for Service Advisor category
- John Leow Zhi Kuan of MHV Autohaus for Parts Services category
- Yeoh Chun Ping of Goh Brothers Motors for Master Technician category
The awards were presented by Erik Winter and Florian Steiner, Managing Directors of VPCM, and Deenan Nadar, Aftersales Director of VPCM.