Proton is close to achieving its target of having 109 3S and 4S outlets by October 2018. As of 17 September, there were 100 outlets approved for 3S/4S status, which makes it approximately 92% of its target. Just within the month of September (and we are not done with this month yet) Proton has already informed the media of five i.e. one 4S and four 3S outlet openings.
These five outlets are existing dealer outlets that either upgraded from the lesser 1S or 2S centre, or refreshed it dealership to reflect the new corporate identity of the brand. Proton’s aim for its new brand identity is to reflect its commitment to Malaysian consumers through enhanced sales and service experience.
Some of the facilities in the upgraded outlets include a customer lounge area, complimentary drinks, and WiFi. Larger outlets will have space for a children’s play area and a work area with charging points for laptops and other devices.
Outlets in urban areas which are expected to deal with more customers, such as the 3S centre in Puchong operated by Atiara Johan Sdn Bhd, have up to 14 service bays and 12 hoists; it cost approximately RM3.5 million to build. Similarly, the 4S centre in Sungai Petani by Mercu Usaha Mesra Corporation, which was upgraded at a cost RM1 million, has 14 bays and 11 hoists.
The upgrading of Proton dealerships is meant to also be a preemptive measure to prepare its dealers and staff for the expected increase in visitors (and hopefully customers) when the new X70 SUV is launched later this year, as well as for future models. Not only will these outlet upgrades improve visitor and customer perception of the brand, it will also minimise potential dissatisfaction by customers due to insufficient after-sales support.
The recently upgraded dealerships are (but not limited to):
- Top Zone Gallery Sdn Bhd:
- 51-59, Jalan Sungai Dua Utama 1, Taman Sungai Dua Utama, 13800, Sungai Dua, Butterworth, Penang
- Tel: 04-358 0011 / 04-358 0055 / 04-358 0077
- Email: TOP_ZONE@proton.com OR email@example.com
- Atiara Johan Sdn Bhd:
- Lot 66525 , Jalan Bandar 3 Pusat Bandar Puchong Jaya 47170 Selangor
- Tel: 012-320 2968
- Email: AtiaraJohan@proton.com
- KH Motor Sdn Bhd:
- Lot 1508, SMLD, Jalan Datuk Mohd Musa 94300 Kota Samarahan, Sarawak
- Tel: 082-671699, 082-672699 or 012-853 1111 (Mr Wong)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mercu Usaha Mesra Corporation Sdn Bhd:
- 1, Jalan Batu Lintang, off Lencongan Barat 08000 Sungai Petani, Kedah
- Tel: 04-431 9828 (Sales) & 04-431 9829 (Service)
- Email: MERCU_USAHA@proton.com
- Lee Motors (Alor Setar) Sdn Bhd:
- 12, Jalan Telok Wanjah 05200 Alor Setar, Kedah
- Tel: 04-731 1752 / 04-731 1712 / Service Hotline: 012-582 0116
- Email: LEE_MOTORS@proton.com OR email@example.com