Mercedes-Benz Malaysia has introduced the locally assembled E 300 AMG Line to lead its E-Class range in Malaysia, replacing the E 350 e plug-in hybrid at the top. Hence, the Mercedes-Benz E 300 AMG Line will join the E 200 Avantgarde and E 250 Exclusive as the range topper; there are also the more extreme Mercedes-AMG E 43 and E 63 S variants offered here.
The E 300 was first seen here as a fully imported model, before it made way for the E 350 e plug-in hybrid. As the tax incentive for the E 350 e has not yet been extended, Mercedes-Benz Malaysia had to make the decision to reintroduce the E 300 for local assembly. The E 300 AMG Line is tentatively priced at RM388,888 and deliveries are expected to start some time in mid- or late-third quarter of 2018.
The E 300 AMG Line is powered by a 2.0L four-cylinder turbocharged petrol engine that produces 180 kW (245 hp) with a maximum torque of 370 Nm from 1200 to 4000 rpm. Paired with the engine is the 9G-Tronic nine-speed torque converter automatic transmission with Direct Select shift paddles, which sends power to the rear wheels. Its 0 – 100 km/h sprint time is claimed at 6.2 seconds; top speed is 250 km/h.
The kit for the E 300 AMG Line includes:
- MULTIBEAM LED headlamps each with 84 individually activated LEDs for precise illumination
- AGILITY CONTROL suspension with passive selective damping system and lowering to ensure well-balanced ride comfort on any road surface
- DYNAMIC SELECT with four modes: “Comfort”, “ECO”, “Sport” and “Sport +”. The additional “Individual” option allows you to configure the vehicle to suit your preferences.
- 20″ multi-spoke AMG alloy wheels
- Parking Pilot with 360° camera for all-round vision
- COMAND Online with 31.2 cm (12.3″) high-resolution media display, touch-sensitive Touch Controls on the steering wheel and new, intelligent graphic design of the Multifunction Telephony. It allows mobile phones to be charged and, be connected to the vehicle’s exterior aerial – with absolutely no need for cables or a telephone holder.
- Burmester® surround sound system with 13 speakers with a 9-channel DSP amplifier and a total system power of 640 watts.
- Nappa leather upholstery
- Night Package
- Panoramic sliding sunroof
“We are pleased to announce the introduction of the all-new Mercedes-Benz E 300 AMG Line to lead the E-Class range, the masterpiece of intelligence in the premium executive segment. As with all Mercedes-Benz E-Class limousines, the E 300 AMG Line is proudly locally-assembled and comes with an exceptional range of class-leading features for the discerning customer. This includes the superior comfort of the Nappa leather upholstery, the aural experience of the Burmester Surround Sound system, the intelligent Multibeam LED headlights and the expressive infotainment interface of the double 12.3-inch widescreen displays. The Mercedes-Benz E 300 AMG Line is the natural choice to top the elegant E-Class family, with sporty appeal from the tasteful visual enhancements of the AMG Line interior and exterior,” said Mark Raine, Vice President, Sales and Marketing, Mercedes-Benz Malaysia.
pix courtesy of Malaysia Automotive Institute