The Renault Captur facelift has just been introduced by TC Euro Cars (TCEC), the sole franchise holder of Renault vehicles in Malaysia. Europe’s best-selling crossover now features an updated exterior that is sportier looking, with new two-toned body colours, as well as an updated interior.
The new Renault Captur gets three new body colour options i.e. Atacama Orange, Ocean Blue, and Pearl White (all paired with Diamond Black on the roof), in addition to the existing Flame Red / Diamond Black combination.
On the exterior, the new Renault Captur is updated with the brand’s signature C-shaped LED daytime running lights while the grille has been redesigned to resemble the bigger Renault Kadjar (which isn’t available in our market yet). The Captur also sports a new 17″ alloy wheel design and LED wing mirror indicators.
Inside the Captur, there is the use of high-quality plastics and a foam-backed dashboard. The black combi-leather seats, combi-leather door finishers, redesigned gear lever and door panels offer a more modern and sophisticated cabin.
Like the Captur before it, this improved version is still as versatile and user-friendly, with a sliding rear bench seat, 60:40 folding rear seats and a boot space of 377 litres (expandable to 1,235 litres).
The new Renault Captur is fully connected through the MediaNav multimedia system with a 7″ touchscreen, AUX, USB, Bluetooth and navigation.
List of standard features:
- Keyless entry and start, with walkaway door lock function
- Auto door lock
- Auto headlights and rain sensors
- Reverse camera
- Navigation system
- ECO Mode for up to 10% additional fuel savings
- Versatile multi-position boot floor
- Front door bins that can accommodate 1.5-litre drinks bottles
- Four high-efficiency airbags – dual frontal and dual head/thorax side
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- Hill Start Assist (HSA)
- ABS with Electronic Brake Assist (EBA) and Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD)
The turbocharged TCe 120 1.2L engine with 120 PS and 190 Nm continues to power the new Captur, as does the six-speed Efficient Dual Clutch (EDC) transmission. Fuel efficiency is claimed to be 5.4L/100km (NEDC combined cycle).
The price of the locally-assembled new Renault Captur stays at RM109,000 (on-the-road inclusive of GST, without insurance, for Peninsular Malaysia and private registration); no official announcement yet on the 0% GST. Flame Red and Pearl White colour options will cost an additional RM900 (excluding GST) and includes kick plates and a trunk tray.
“With its trendy styling and chic new colours, powerful performance and excellent fuel efficiency, plus its continental quality and safety standards, we believe the new Captur will continue have great appeal, especially for those with active urban lifestyles,” said Kuan Kim Luen, CEO, TC Euro Cars Sdn Bhd.
The new Captur comes with a five-year full manufacturer’s warranty (unlimited mileage). Renault currently has 14 service centres covering Peninsular and East Malaysia. Service and after-sales coverage is further supported by the strength of the Tan Chong Group’s after-sales network.
5-in-Captur Aftersales Promise
The 5-in-Captur aftersales service is continued to offer customers more cost savings and hassle-free servicing over the next five years. The package includes:
- Free service and maintenance (parts and labour) for five years or up to 100,000km, whichever comes first
- A five-year manufacturer’s warranty with unlimited mileage
- Complimentary 24 hours roadside assistance
- Pick-up and delivery during scheduled maintenance at Renault service centres
- Mobility service of replacement car in the event any part is not available for over 48 hours at authorised service centres, subject to availability
“We strive to offer our customers a quality aftersales experience. In addition to the 5-in-Captur service commitment, we also have an established parts supply system that ensures consistent parts availability. Customers can have peace of mind when choosing Renault, knowing that we have them covered,” said Kuan Kim Luen, CEO, TC Euro Cars Sdn Bhd.
The new Captur can be seen at all Renault showrooms and is available for test drives.