Mitsubishi Motors Malaysia (MMM) has introduced the new locally-assembled Mitsubishi Outlander 2.4L seven-seater SUV complementing the locally-assembled Outlander 2.0L.
The Outlander 2.4L is powered by a proven 2.4L engine with 167 PS of power and 222 Nm of torque. The DOHC MIVEC engine is coupled with the INVECS-III CVT transmission with paddle shifters for even better control of the intelligent 4WD system. (Read our review of the CBU Outlander 2.4L here)
With years of winning experience in rallies, Mitsubishi has equipped with the Outlander 2.4L with a Multi-Select 4WD system which has three modes – 4WD Eco, 4WD Auto and 4WD Lock, to suit any condition or terrain.
Features available for the Outlander 2.4L include:
- LED headlights, tail lights and daytime running lights
- All-Round Monitor – a 360° camera view to assist parking and lane-change
- Electronic Parking Brake with Auto Hold Assist
- Brake Override System – a failsafe which prioritises the brakes in case both accelerator and brake pedals are depressed
- Active Stability & Traction Control
- Hill Start Assist
- Seven airbags
- Digital video recorder
- Security and solar film
- 18″ alloy wheels
- Electric tailgate with anti-pinch function
- Best-in-class cargo volume : 1,608 litres
- 7″ HD touchscreen (with Air Gesture Control) infotainment system with Apple CarPlay
- Automatic headlights and wipers
Three colours are available : Ruby Black, Red Metallic, Solar White Ruby Black. The latter is a new colour for the Mitsubishi Outlander and is exclusive for the Malaysian market.
The Mitsubishi Outlander 2.4L SUV is priced at RM155, 000 on-the-road without insurance. It is covered by a 5-year, unlimited mileage factory warranty and comes with a 2-year free maintenance package.
MMM is currently running a Chinese New Year promotion with discounts up to RM4,000 for the Outlander.