Mitsubishi Motors Malaysia (MMM) has confirmed that the all-new 2015 Triton will launch in Malaysia this May and that official order taking will commence immediately with five variants available between an estimated RM71,000 and RM114,000 inclusive of GST and insurance for private registration.
Fully-imported from Thailand as before, the all-new Triton will be powered by an improved version of the familiar 2.5-litre 4D56 VGT diesel engine as the range-topping powertrain producing a rated 176hp and 400Nm. Malaysia’s low fuel quality means that we miss out on the much newer 2.4-litre 4N15 MIVEC turbodiesel rated at 178hp and 430Nm.
As before, a choice of manual and automatic transmissions are offered, the latter even coming with paddle shifters for manual shift control; 4×4 versions come with shift-on-the-fly 4WD system.
Equipment-wise, upper variants of the new Triton will offer features such as keyless entry with engine start button, xenon HID headlamps with integrated daytime running lights, tilt and telescopic steering, dual-zone climate control, touchscreen audio with reverse camera, auto headlamps, and auto wipers.
The five variants of the all-new 2015 Mitsubishi Triton and their estimated introductory prices are as follows:
– Quest: RM71,000
– Manual: RM87,000
– VGT Manual: RM97,000
– VGT Auto: RM103,000
– VGT Adventure: RM114,000
Malaysians can get their first glimpses of the all-new Triton at the following teaser road shows building up to its launch:
– 1-5 Apr: West Lobby, Mid Valley Megamall, Kuala Lumpur
– 6-12 Apr: Main Concourse, Tesco Mergong, Alor Setar
– 9-12 Apr: Sub Court, Sutera Mall, Johor Bahru
– 15-19 Apr: North Court, Queensbay Mall, Penang
– 20-26 Apr: Sub Court, Aeon Kinta City, Ipoh
– 20 Apr – 3 May: Court G4, Suria Sabah, Kota Kinabalu
– 20 Apr – 10 May: Centre Court C, The Spring, Kuching
– 23-26 Apr: Main Entrance, East Coast Mall, Kuantan