Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Reset Grand Livina 1.8 Ecu

• Please log in to reply

cbsteh

Posted 28 September 2011 - 12:47 PM

cbsteh

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts
QUOTE (archtung31 @ Sep 27 2011, 01:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just drove my car for a month & notice that the FC for city driving is quite worse. RM50 only for 220km...FYI my livina is fully impul 1.8(A). Can i do this ECU reset to my car even though it's still new?? Does it have any bad effect by doing this?? Thanks...

See Post #6 above to reset your ECU. I worked out that your FC is nearly 12 km per 100 L which is quite high. The normal range should be about 8.0 km per 100 L for NGL.

Since you just got your car, it's best to send it for the first service as soon as possible. Perhaps an engine tuneup would be helpful to reduce your FC.

hitman75

Posted 29 September 2011 - 07:54 AM

hitman75

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
QUOTE (cbsteh @ Sep 28 2011, 12:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
See Post #6 above to reset your ECU. I worked out that your FC is nearly 12 km per 100 L which is quite high. The normal range should be about 8.0 km per 100 L for NGL.

Since you just got your car, it's best to send it for the first service as soon as possible. Perhaps an engine tuneup would be helpful to reduce your FC.

Bro, do you mean normally should be 8.0L / 100km? smile_big.gif

cbsteh

Posted 29 September 2011 - 09:32 AM

cbsteh

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts
QUOTE (hitman75 @ Sep 29 2011, 07:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro, do you mean normally should be 8.0L / 100km? smile_big.gif

Hahaha. Yah, I meant 8.0 L per 100 km. Just testing to see if anyone was paying attention. smile_big.gif

hitman75

Posted 29 September 2011 - 10:45 AM

hitman75

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
QUOTE (cbsteh @ Sep 29 2011, 09:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hahaha. Yah, I meant 8.0 L per 100 km. Just testing to see if anyone was paying attention. smile_big.gif

Haha... guess so....
Otherwise it wouldn't be a car, but a rocket instead.. 1237.gif

eohl79

Posted 29 September 2011 - 11:22 AM

eohl79

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts
QUOTE (Nokia6280 @ Jan 7 2011, 08:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Recently i added addictive to improve performance and from internet search ECU required to be resetted to allow the ECU to pick up these new informantion.

I have pull the battery but now my NGL seems to be not too smooth. While idling the tachometer drop from 850 to 800 and the fuel comsuption is higher smile_disapprove.gif

Was the additive you added an injector cleaner? Service center added it in when I serviced my car yesterday. Can feel my car engine rumbling/misfiring after a while especially at low RPM as you described. I think the ECU had not adapted to the fuel+additives yet. Today don't feel any rumbling/misfiring - could the ECU have adapted to the new settings? Not sure on the fuel consumption as I have not tried it out yet. BTW service center added the additives on half tank full of petrol. Not sure what was the recommendation of additives to volume petrol. Also I don't think the injector cleaner was really necessary...

My NGL 1.8 fuel consumption is around 12+km/L for city+highway and 13.5km/L mostly highways. A little hard foot on the pedal sometimes. Hope I don't suffer on the mileage which needed an ECU reset. Anyway, thanks for the very good info above.

noname78

Posted 29 September 2011 - 12:14 PM

noname78

Hot Rod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,087 posts
adding addictive to your car fuel doesnt need to reset the ECU. not much different. mostly people reset the ECU if they added performance part into it, such as drop-in filter/open pod filter, changing extractor, adding voltage stabilizer/grounding and etc, then the ECU need to get a new reading.

Reset the ECU will force it to read your new pattern of driving, whether you are soft pedal or hard pedal user. If you press hard, ECU will give more more richer in air-to-fuel to burn, resulting higher FC. need to give ECU few weeks to be stable to generate an average driving condition.

The steps above applicable to Latio, not only Livina. By doing steps above, only reset some part of the ECU, not fully reset (if reset through taking out battery connection and leave it for 20 mins).

Nokia6280

Posted 29 September 2011 - 08:13 PM

Nokia6280

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts
QUOTE (noname78 @ Sep 29 2011, 12:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
adding addictive to your car fuel doesnt need to reset the ECU. not much different. mostly people reset the ECU if they added performance part into it, such as drop-in filter/open pod filter, changing extractor, adding voltage stabilizer/grounding and etc, then the ECU need to get a new reading.

Reset the ECU will force it to read your new pattern of driving, whether you are soft pedal or hard pedal user. If you press hard, ECU will give more more richer in air-to-fuel to burn, resulting higher FC. need to give ECU few weeks to be stable to generate an average driving condition.

The steps above applicable to Latio, not only Livina. By doing steps above, only reset some part of the ECU, not fully reset (if reset through taking out battery connection and leave it for 20 mins).

Dear all, in fact there are more steps, i have done to my NGL and It's work. I will post it once i reach my notebook.

Nokia6280

Posted 30 September 2011 - 04:04 PM

Nokia6280

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts
Here is the procedure that i promised. FYI, you need to have some patient to do it. CEL basically is the Orange Color Engine Sign and it's really Blink. As per my understanding the blinking with reason code behind to tell you what's wrong with your engine.

ECU Resetting Procedures
Timing is extremely critical. If it is NOT DONE within the specify time, the ECU will not reset and the Check Engine Light (CEL) will continue to remain ON. A stop watch or an analog clock with a second’s needle will be useful.

Operations Procedure
1. Confirm that accelerator pedal is fully released, turn ignition switch “ON” and wait 3 seconds.
2. Repeat the following steps (2a and 2b) procedures quickly five times within 5 seconds.
2a. Fully depress the accelerator pedal (HARD).
2b. Fully release the accelerator pedal.
3. Wait 7 seconds, fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for approx. 10 seconds until the CEL starts blinking.
4. Fully release the accelerator pedal (while the CEL is still blinking)
5. Wait about 10 second.
6. Fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for more than 10 seconds.
7. Fully release the accelerator pedal (The CEL light will continue to blink).
8. Turn ignition switch to “OFF” position and now you can start the car. The CEL light should be gone.
If the CEL light continues to remain ON, repeat the above steps. Timing is EXTREMELY critical to resetting the ECU.

Accelerator Pedal Release Position Learning

Operation Procedure
1. Make sure that the accelerator pedal is fully released.
2. Turn ignition switch “ON” and wait at least 2 seconds.
3. Turn ignition switch “OFF” wait at least 10 seconds.
4. Turn ignition switch “ON” and wait at least 2 seconds.
5. Turn ignition switch “OFF” wait at least 10 seconds.

Throttle Valve Closed Position Learning

Operation Procedures

1. Make sure that accelerator pedal is fully released.
2. Turn ignition switch is “ON”.
3. Turn ignition switch is “OFF” wait at least 10 seconds.
Make sure that the throttle valve moves during above 10 seconds by confirming the operating sound.

Idle Air Volume Learning (Throttle Position Learning)

It is better to count the time accurately with a clock.

Full Operating Procedure as below,
Operation Procedures

1. Perform “Accelerator Pedal Released Position Learning”.
2. Perform “Throttle Valve Closed Position Learning”.
3. Start engine and warm it up to normal operating temperature.
4. Turn ignition switch “OFF” and wait at least 10 seconds.
5. Conform that accelerator pedal is fully released, turn ignition switch “ON” and wait 3 seconds.
6. Repeat the following (steps 7a, 7b) procedures quickly five times within 5 seconds.
7a. Fully depress the accelerator pedal (HARD)
7b. Fully release the accelerator pedal.
8. Wait 7 seconds, fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for approx. 20 seconds until the Check Engine Light (CEL) stops blinking and turned ON.
9. Fully release the accelerator pedal within 3 seconds after the CEL is ON.
10. Start engine and let it idle.
11. Wait 20 seconds.
12. Rev up the engine two or three times and make sure the idle speed and ignition timing are within the specifications.

eohl79

Posted 01 October 2011 - 10:19 AM

eohl79

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts
Wow, good info. smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif

Nokia6280

Posted 01 October 2011 - 11:22 AM

Nokia6280

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts
QUOTE (eohl79 @ Oct 1 2011, 10:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow, good info. smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif

Thanks! smile_cool.gif fing30.gif teu35.gif It's really works I have done it for > 4 times..