Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Rexton 270xdi Cooling Fan Viscous Coupling

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

allan69

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:25 PM

allan69

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts
QUOTE (allan69 @ May 2 2012, 12:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have collected my Ori VFC with refilled 2 tubes of Silicon Oil worth RM80 inclusive of labor charge this morning. Obviously it is over engaging now unlike previously where it engages for about a minute then disengage during initial start- up. However the old one supposed ot engage again when temperature is rising but it wasn't. Now my Rex roars like a 747 when pickup fast and engages full time. I will need to monitor further if in case the refilled Silicon Oil would change its property or stabilize after using for sometimes. Frustrating in a way that I am yet to see a standard being defined to judge if a new one is aging too much and due for replacement or a re- cond one is still meeting the requirement. My thinking is an electrical fan is more precise in both its triggering and shut- off timings.

I am not fully convinced that the full time engagement of VFC would jeopardize the horse power or FC significantly. The load of VFC could be nothing to our powerful turbo charge Rexs.

Oh! I am getting irritated with the roaring sound when above 1500rpm, it affects me when talking on mobile phone too. I have not analyse its FC yet. I will need to seriously think about the next action plan soon . . . . . angry.gif
My Rex is currently with Ecomap, customized Turbo Vacuum Hose, K&N Drop in Filter, Bendix 4WD Brake Pad (Front & Rear), Petronas Urania SUPREMO CI-4 Lubricant Oil, FUCH TiTAN ATF 3353, Rear Coil Dampener, Tufoil Engine Treatment, HID 4300K, . . . . .

allan69

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:46 PM

allan69

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts
QUOTE (wirahijau @ May 13 2012, 12:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For me,i knock it sofly at it base where the thermoregulator attached to open and knock it to lock it back.
Scare if i bend thermoregulator then it will not function normally.

Bro, appreciate if you have photo(s) to show how you open up the 'diamond shape' metal piece. By the way, where do you purchase the Silicon Oil from? If yes, can purchase and courier to me at my cost?

My Rex is currently with Ecomap, customized Turbo Vacuum Hose, K&N Drop in Filter, Bendix 4WD Brake Pad (Front & Rear), Petronas Urania SUPREMO CI-4 Lubricant Oil, FUCH TiTAN ATF 3353, Rear Coil Dampener, Tufoil Engine Treatment, HID 4300K, . . . . .

allan69

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:06 PM

allan69

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts
QUOTE (allan69 @ May 15 2012, 10:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro, appreciate if you have photo(s) to show how you open up the 'diamond shape' metal piece. By the way, where do you purchase the Silicon Oil from? If yes, can purchase and courier to me at my cost?

Huh! With my gross FC calculation of RM/KM, the full time engaged VFC is causing an increase of 8.7% in FC sad.gif I have sent the spare BEHR VFC with exhausted Silicon Oil (ex- unit from Bro BK) for refill with one tube of 18ml Silicon Oil only. Yet to be ready for collection.

r3xt0n

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:44 PM

r3xt0n

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts
QUOTE (allan69 @ May 16 2012, 11:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Huh! With my gross FC calculation of RM/KM, the full time engaged VFC is causing an increase of 8.7% in FC sad.gif I have sent the spare BEHR VFC with exhausted Silicon Oil (ex- unit from Bro BK) for refill with one tube of 18ml Silicon Oil only. Yet to be ready for collection.

Yes full time engaged VFC is heavier, thus higher FC and also slower response.

wirahijau

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:05 PM

wirahijau

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts
QUOTE (allan69 @ May 15 2012, 10:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can call me.i will pm u my number. Currently having pblm to upload picture from phone:!

allan69

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:26 PM

allan69

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts
QUOTE (wirahijau @ May 17 2012, 04:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You can call me.i will pm u my number. Currently having pblm to upload picture from phone:!

Bro, still waiting for your phone number smile.gif Anyway, I am going to PM you mine. Just drop me a SMS and I will call you back.

allan69

Posted 19 May 2012 - 12:41 AM

allan69

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts
QUOTE (wirahijau @ May 17 2012, 04:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bro,
Thanks for your call on yesterday about noon time. I learned quite a bit from you on VFC. You are the first DIY guy to have dismantled and re- install VFC without even loosen the fan shroud. It is amazing that you can do that by slotting your hand with wrench across the gap between 5 blades Mercedes fan.

allan69

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:45 PM

allan69

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts
QUOTE (allan69 @ May 19 2012, 12:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro,
Thanks for your call on yesterday about noon time. I learned quite a bit from you on VFC. You are the first DIY guy to have dismantled and re- install VFC without even loosen the fan shroud. It is amazing that you can do that by slotting your hand with wrench across the gap between 5 blades Mercedes fan.

I have got the BEHR VFC filled up with 18ml Silicon Oil by mechanic for a quieter ride on yesterday. My ride is no longer roar like 747 and back to the push with the suction sound of K&N Drop in Air Filter smile.gif Will monitor if this VFC engage and disengage as it supposed to be.

abm3855

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:06 PM

abm3855

2nd Gear

• Members
  • 2 posts
QUOTE (bk4t9 @ Mar 12 2011, 11:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was in Ipoh 2day with Brosr3xt0n & rx270xdi which he come all the way fr K.L bringing the vacuum tube I require smile_thumbup.gif as all r rexton freak,v don't do nothing 2 my rexton so what v hv done is:-
1)change the complete clutch fan 2 Merc 9 blades.
2)clean the entire EGR system.
3)change the vaccum rubber hose tube.
So,this is the review of after changing with my own test drive fr 1 change 2 another.
1)after changing the clutch fan,I did a spin of the fan,yes it spin more freely than my ori rexton fan(bro rx270xdi pointed out that my clutch is leaking)so the best way 2 know the result is 2 test drive my own self,here it goes,a lighter feel & willing 2 go is the answer.
2+3)even better respond without much thottle lag as b4.
after dinner with this 2 bros,I drive home 2 Bukit Mertajam,what I can describe is sensational driving xperience,all the way in 5th gear,didnt even shifted 2 4th gear in the Ipoh K.kansar hilly hwy,my car when drive in this hwy nomally will b in 3rd, 4th,dn hill 5th,this already prove that my car run better than b4,this is only my few hrs of drive xperience which may not b 100% true,a further rview will b follow if any new find.
Thanks 2 the 2 bro's accompany n bro rex4585's concern. THANKYOU smile_thumbup.gif

gday. where can I get the MB clutch fan or recond rexton clutch fan. I am in KL.

mckhairie

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:02 PM

mckhairie

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
Bro, I have 1 unit used but running in good condition... contact me at 019-8205050
2005 Black Rexton ::: Top Speed 110km/h