Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

"duung" Buzzer Sound.. When I About To Start The Car..

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

Andy214

Posted 25 August 2009 - 09:35 AM

Andy214

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,549 posts
It can be battery weak, but I think it could be something "reset".

Cause when battery weak, and you switch to ON position, it will have "DUNG" sound.

When you change new battery, and switch to ON position, if I remember correctly, will gave the "DUNG" sound.
So, if it's true, it could be something "reset"?

But it could also be battery level low, since some of you mentioned leaving the key in the car (I'm not sure if it will go to ECONOMY MODE this way) and especially using the radio? Thus, when you try to start the car, the battery level is low?

I don't know smile_big.gif just wild guess. Maybe someone have a list of translation sound for Pugs, what does each sound means smile_big.gif
Need to understand the Lion language. smile_big.gif

sam1741

Posted 25 August 2009 - 12:49 PM

sam1741

Hot Rod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,666 posts
my battery is not weak .. i confirm this with my multimeter too...
knowledge is power

dd84

Posted 25 August 2009 - 04:01 PM

dd84

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
QUOTE (sam1741 @ Jun 22 2009, 02:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi all

i not sure how to explain the sound
its the "duung" sound
same like.. when we r in aeroplane, when the 'buckle seatbelt' lights on, there will be a "duung" sound
like that

Sometimes, when i wan to start the car,
the sound will comes on

most of the time
the sound wont come on

anyone know what the sound represent?

the buzzer indicates that the car is in "ECO MODE". if not mistaken "ECO mode" will be appeared on MFD when this sound come out

fazd|

duratena

Posted 25 August 2009 - 04:41 PM

duratena

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts
any idea how the car gets into ECO MODE coz sometimes when starting the car before the temperature and time comes up, it will show ECO MODE first?

is it ok to be in ECO MODE?
The old:Direka untuk dinikmati.Para disfrutar del automovil.Pour que l'automobile soit toujours un plaisir.Engineered to be enjoyed.

The new: Cetusan Emosi. Movimiento y emoción. Émotion et le mouvement. Motion and Emotion.

hari

Posted 25 August 2009 - 05:23 PM

hari

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,336 posts
guys,

same prob with wife's 206. it's a battery issue. you will also notice that the START indicator will blink as the car is started then it'll go off. all issue resolved after we got the battery changed. the sound is definitly different from the one you get when your low fuel indicator lights up, key left in the ignition once engine is off but driver's door open, car in gear etc.

hari

Peugeot 605 refurbishing project

last update 24/09/09

Visit My Website

sam1741

Posted 26 August 2009 - 11:20 AM

sam1741

Hot Rod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,666 posts
as for the "ECO MODE" thing
theres no sound when it happens
e.g. sit in car listening to music
after a while everything will shutdown and "ECO MODE" will show on the display
knowledge is power

lowpro

Posted 26 August 2009 - 03:24 PM

lowpro

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts
if it comes with a bzzzz then followed by a 'tung' sound then it means your battery's dead. happened to me twice oredi. if just 'tung' sound then i hv no idea what it means. but this has happened a few times with no untoward issues so i choose to ignore it lah
Let's talk about driving again!

sam1741

Posted 28 August 2009 - 03:29 PM

sam1741

Hot Rod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,666 posts
i guess with buzzer sound than have to check the battery already.
knowledge is power

lowpro

Posted 29 August 2009 - 11:21 AM

lowpro

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts
by the way, my batteries never last more than 1 year. no idea why. could be discharging or not charging properly. i've started to use non ori batteries... let's see how long they last. i was told that batteries also have a life span. if they are kept unused and sitting on the shelf for some time and then only installed much later, the battery will surely not last when it is installed. so, if possible, look for those newly manufactured. kinda like the tyre matter i think. but for tyre, they have the manufactured date. not sure if the battery has the date printed too.
Let's talk about driving again!

vinnie

Posted 29 August 2009 - 09:41 PM

vinnie

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts
I usual take 'power nap' in my car after lunch and i turn off engine, radio, ac etc and first i'll hear a 'tik' sound then when i start the engine the 'dung' sound comes on. I've heard it some many times and i dun thinks its an issue.