Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Electronic "ping" Sound When Driving

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

holiday

Posted 11 May 2009 - 09:38 PM

holiday

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Has anyone encountered this before? I was driving normally and there was thing electronic "ping" sound that sounded once. On another occasion, it pinged twice when I was taking a large turn, and the electronic display in the centre of the car flashed off for a second. Everything else was normal as far as I noticed.

lowpro

Posted 12 May 2009 - 09:04 AM

lowpro

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts
QUOTE (holiday @ May 11 2009, 09:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Has anyone encountered this before? I was driving normally and there was thing electronic "ping" sound that sounded once. On another occasion, it pinged twice when I was taking a large turn, and the electronic display in the centre of the car flashed off for a second. Everything else was normal as far as I noticed.

could be alternator giving warning.
Let's talk about driving again!

epang

Posted 12 May 2009 - 09:28 AM

epang

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts
QUOTE (lowpro @ May 12 2009, 09:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
could be alternator giving warning.

the only beep or ping sound i heard from my car is just to warn me the car is running low on fuel... smile_blackeye.gif

ain206

Posted 12 May 2009 - 09:43 AM

ain206

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts
yup i think it could be the alternator itself...... have change mine as master warning light up... after checking noted the alternator does not supply enough current..... it supply only 10.5volt instead of between 13.8 to 14.4 volt..... so guy next time went for service just check the alternator whether it supply enough current for all the gadget....

holiday

Posted 13 May 2009 - 06:10 AM

holiday

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Ok thanks for the replies. I better send the car in for a checkup then.
Strange that my warning light didn't light up.

namidub

Posted 19 May 2009 - 09:14 PM

namidub

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts
QUOTE (epang @ May 12 2009, 09:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the only beep or ping sound i heard from my car is just to warn me the car is running low on fuel... smile_blackeye.gif

for once i heard a LOW LEVEL beep warning whilst im driving.
The fuel gauge reads more than half.
I thought i mistakenly heard it,but it re-occurs the 2nd time.
Then only i realized,the handbrake wasnt properly released.
DUH!

didnt know we have that safety feature!
previous love : french girlfriend - Moi Deux cent-six .
current love : deutsch girlfriend - Mein Alpinweiss 320d M-sport Performance Edition

lowpro

Posted 20 May 2009 - 10:45 AM

lowpro

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts
QUOTE (namidub @ May 19 2009, 09:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
for once i heard a LOW LEVEL beep warning whilst im driving.
The fuel gauge reads more than half.
I thought i mistakenly heard it,but it re-occurs the 2nd time.
Then only i realized,the handbrake wasnt properly released.
DUH!

didnt know we have that safety feature!

yeah... i forgot about that... when the door is not closed, when the lights are still on, when the fuel is low, when the handbrake is still engaged...

bising

Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:11 AM

bising

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
My lesson learnt: about this electronics "Ping" sound WITHOUT any text warning or light..... it's related to alternator or battery.

Heard this "Ping" sound twice, didn't notice any message, continue use...until it died by the road side when my wife made a stop, at midnight beside Jelutong Highway (Lim Chong Eu Highway).... fortunately a helpful friend called his friend who called another friend to carry a replacement new battery..... am very thankful to these good Samaritan.

lowpro

Posted 05 May 2012 - 06:12 PM

lowpro

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts
actually, it could also mean that the brake fluid is low as experienced with my 207 which is about a year plus old.

happens like this; once your brakes wear down, the fluid pressure also lowers so when you turn or accelerate. the brake fluid level in the reservoir shifts and the sensor will indicate it to you with a ping sound. maybe you can check your brake fluid as well.

once i topped up mine, the sound stopped. hope it helps.