Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Leaf Spring Convert to Coil Spring

• Please log in to reply

convict

Posted 31 January 2011 - 11:30 AM

convict

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts
QUOTE (BabyGod @ Jan 31 2011, 10:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In my 2 cent worth opinion, the crux of the problem is that the leaf spring was speced from the factory to carry loads. Hence why it's stiffly sprunged from the factory. I believe if the car is fully loaded with 4 passengers and all the camping gear it won't be so bouncy. For me the ride is ok on the stock Hilux, however the car in under damped as in the shock absorbers are soft.

For the price of the Bilstiens i would rather run a set of Amada's top of the range dampers - Amada Xtreme Explorer II shocks. Reason being it's big (more volume, better cooling), run's an external reservior, inverted monotube, and rebuildable by the right people.

However if you complain is that the ride is not bouncy but hard and stiff, they the springs is not suitable for your needs and you might need to change to a softer set of leafsprings, pull out a leave from the original leaf spring, or change cars.

Caveat emptor applies here.

wow, ok ok. a big thanks for your advised. cheers mate.

asifm78

Posted 11 February 2015 - 02:44 AM

asifm78

1st Gear

• Members
  • 1 posts
QUOTE (SkyChew @ Oct 28 2006, 12:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My pajero is undergoing the conversion for the rear suspension.

From Leaf sprring to Coil.

Change Axle, brake, and of course spring.

It is a lenghty job and consume time.

Now my pajero is still at the mechanic place.

Thanks for sharing. I would love to do so in my pajero. Please share with us the result when conversation done. Then I will go for mine too.

Good luck :-)