Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Saga Blm

• Please log in to reply

vr2turbo

Posted 25 September 2010 - 02:35 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (fredrick99 @ Sep 25 2010, 12:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My is 15" rim.i think max 11" disc rotor + ext bracket,caliper could fit in.(need to test first)
but later.
I 'hv try API ,bendix ct brakes pads B4.now using CT.Bigger servo i think i hv done
that already.My is double layer already.

-If no increase in engine power,a better set of pads works wonders.
(maybe for some cars lah)
For me i think BLM caliper is not good enough.(For me lah)....

11" rotor may not fit in 15" rims environment. That leaves only 2" space allowance.
Bro. sooks did on a Mini with 18" rims. Lucky with some mod, he was able to fit it in....check this out.... smile_thumbup.gif
http://forum.autowor...h...=94794&st=0

So far, most that I have recommended to, have just changed the pads and are happy with it, and only a few to bigger vacuum servo. Maybe you are using the wrong pads. Bendix General CT are normal pads from the Bendix Range.
Here, their new ranges are General CT, Titanium, 4 x 4, and the Ultimate.

vr2turbo

Posted 25 September 2010 - 02:38 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (fredrick99 @ Sep 25 2010, 12:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just say someone with ABS hit hard all the way(full brake)
Does the ABS still works.(Hv anyone try this B4)
Care to share?

ABS only works when the brakes are slam hard to lock the wheels, and works until the car stops, or the driver releases the brakes. If you brake normally, ABS does not activate....

vr2turbo

Posted 25 September 2010 - 02:46 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (dabdab @ Sep 25 2010, 10:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i did experience once, while emergency brake in the wet due to a wrong judgement for the green light. its when i drove a satria gti last time. (ownership for 5 years)
ABS no swerve, and shorter distant stopping. brilliant smile_thumbup.gif
the need for space and extra door, im thinking to be sedate driver, but still i can help my sporting spirit,,now with saga blm for the excitement, i have to tweak here and there.

never experience it in dry. but hen the road surface is wet ABS is the best assistant.

in blm if happened near emergency during wet condition ,repeated pump and release is something a good practice. it comes naturally with your feet which i dont know how it comes about. but when in total emergency i cant promise i can do that.

Due to the ABS working, the brakes don't not lock, therefore you don't swerve and still can steer.
In the wet, the stopping distance is shorter, because compared to when you skid in the wet the distance is further, but in the dry, the stopping distance could be further, as dry traction without ABS is more effective.

Manual pumping is when you have time. In an emergency, where got time to pump..... smile_shock.gif

jj0000

Posted 25 September 2010 - 02:53 PM

jj0000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Hi all sifu, May i ask 1 more question. If i use stock rim with wheels, but change a lower springs. Any advise? Just let my car have a nice look with full set bodykit.

vr2turbo

Posted 25 September 2010 - 04:34 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (jj0000 @ Sep 25 2010, 02:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi all sifu, May i ask 1 more question. If i use stock rim with wheels, but change a lower springs. Any advise? Just let my car have a nice look with full set bodykit.

When you lower, means you are using shorter/compressed springs. Couple with your OE shocks which are long, you will shorted it's life. Best to change both shocks and springs. They should compliment each other, to work best..... smile_thumbup.gif
Lowering will also give you a bumpier ride...... smile_blackeye.gif

dabdab

Posted 25 September 2010 - 04:48 PM

dabdab

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 470 posts
QUOTE (jj0000 @ Sep 25 2010, 02:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ride is stif (sport spring)f but cornering isnt sharp due to the standard tyre size, tall side wall. thats not a good combination.

very interesting if we look at wira se, its lower standard spring.
no such thing for saga blm. smile_angry.gif

is there any slight lower shock absober spring base (tapak) for original spring, (within the allowable xxmm) that could lower the car stance with OE spring.? smile_question.gif

vr2turbo

Posted 25 September 2010 - 05:18 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (dabdab @ Sep 25 2010, 04:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
is there any slight lower shock absober spring base (tapak) for original spring, (within the allowable xxmm) that could lower the car stance with OE spring.? smile_question.gif

Then you will be compressing the original springs....... smile_shock.gif

dabdab

Posted 25 September 2010 - 06:09 PM

dabdab

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 470 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Sep 25 2010, 05:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Then you will be compressing the original springs....... smile_shock.gif

traditional method by old school modder , bakar spring. to compress 1 0r 2 section, hehe. desprate measure. smile_tongue.gif
but i think this is safer compare to potong spring. if the steel doesnt crack due to the burning process. comfort and look

to jjoo- just look at this blm se paint job, awsome!
http://3.bp.blogspot...00/BLMLOTUS.jpg

fredrick99

Posted 25 September 2010 - 10:36 PM

fredrick99

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Sep 25 2010, 02:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
11" rotor may not fit in 15" rims environment. That leaves only 2" space allowance.
Bro. sooks did on a Mini with 18" rims. Lucky with some mod, he was able to fit it in....check this out.... smile_thumbup.gif
http://forum.autowor...h...=94794&st=0

So far, most that I have recommended to, have just changed the pads and are happy with it, and only a few to bigger vacuum servo. Maybe you are using the wrong pads. Bendix General CT are normal pads from the Bendix Range.
Here, their new ranges are General CT, Titanium, 4 x 4, and the Ultimate.

Thks for the info,guess hv to try 10" or 9" rotor + caliper set.
I think i'll try 1 more set of brake pads.
Just wan to know rather they hv the Titanium,Ultimate for BLM.

vr2turbo

Posted 25 September 2010 - 10:42 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (dabdab @ Sep 25 2010, 06:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
traditional method by old school modder , bakar spring. to compress 1 0r 2 section, hehe. desprate measure. smile_tongue.gif
but i think this is safer compare to potong spring. if the steel doesnt crack due to the burning process. comfort and look

to jjoo- just look at this blm se paint job, awsome!
http://3.bp.blogspot...00/BLMLOTUS.jpg

Potong springs, whole spring tension is changed.
Bakar the springs, the metal tension is changed. As far as I know both also wrong.
I have tried even a third method, by lowering the holding point of the springs on the shocks. This means I grind away the welding, lower the holding point and weld back again. This way the car will get lower also, but bad mistake. Since this will widen the space of the springs, the springs are not compressed and loses it rigid strength. Will bottom out and rebound also not good. Use it for about a month and then reposition back to original...... smile_wink.gif