Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Blade 250, Ninja 250, Cbr 250

• Please log in to reply

andy111172

Posted 28 May 2011 - 06:33 PM

andy111172

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts
Dear all,

Among the three 250 bikes listed, which one you reckon is the most recommended considering the following:

1) Biker returning to sbk after 15 years of car driving... only ride kapcai to nearby shops etc
2) Can't afford anything more than RM25K... the bigger bikes are damn expensive in M'sia
3) To use bike as commuter which is around 40KM a day (return trip in city) and occasional highway trips
4) As usual, the least hassle to maintain

I've read thru the forums and there are threads discussing these bikes in isolation but I couldn't find a direct comparison.

Maybe you guys can kindly fill me in...

rallychamp

Posted 31 May 2011 - 09:53 AM

rallychamp

hands on habbit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,669 posts
QUOTE (andy111172 @ May 28 2011, 06:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dear all,

Among the three 250 bikes listed, which one you reckon is the most recommended considering the following:

1) Biker returning to sbk after 15 years of car driving... only ride kapcai to nearby shops etc
2) Can't afford anything more than RM25K... the bigger bikes are damn expensive in M'sia
3) To use bike as commuter which is around 40KM a day (return trip in city) and occasional highway trips
4) As usual, the least hassle to maintain

I've read thru the forums and there are threads discussing these bikes in isolation but I couldn't find a direct comparison.

Maybe you guys can kindly fill me in...

well...kindly i wanted to ask specific what was your normal route?issit on highways or mostly on heavyly congested route???

blade got the biggest appearance and dimension almost similiar to 600cc bike with 250cc heart of v-twin..go for injection model (latest engine upgrade and new tail design)

ninja250 clearly better on highways for better topspeed...but hard to cilok2 in heavy traffic area compared to cbr250...

cbr got lowest topspeed..but better in term of torque delivery at lower rpm....good for stop n go situation...lowest maintenance since only a single cylinder bike just like any other liquid cooled mopeds...and this bike was very nimble easy to cilok..lightweight....

so choose according to your needs..

*crazy drifter|| http://img225.images...gilalahlagi.jpg
*Drift King is Back!!|| http://img580.images...ahdkterbaik.jpg
(NFS Underground)

andy111172

Posted 31 May 2011 - 01:56 PM

andy111172

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts
QUOTE (rallychamp @ May 31 2011, 09:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well...kindly i wanted to ask specific what was your normal route?issit on highways or mostly on heavyly congested route???

blade got the biggest appearance and dimension almost similiar to 600cc bike with 250cc heart of v-twin..go for injection model (latest engine upgrade and new tail design)

ninja250 clearly better on highways for better topspeed...but hard to cilok2 in heavy traffic area compared to cbr250...

cbr got lowest topspeed..but better in term of torque delivery at lower rpm....good for stop n go situation...lowest maintenance since only a single cylinder bike just like any other liquid cooled mopeds...and this bike was very nimble easy to cilok..lightweight....

so choose according to your needs..

Thanx for the reply..

My commuting route consists of some congested road and about 5km stretch of highway. Anyway, from your evaluation, I think the CBR is suitable for me coz I don't really plan to do top speed on this bike.. just to familiarize myself again with the sbk. For highway top speed, I'll go for the Streetfighter or Hayabusa later on... he he

The Blade seems like a good value for money but the I'm a bit skeptical on its reliability...

rallychamp

Posted 31 May 2011 - 02:20 PM

rallychamp

hands on habbit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,669 posts
QUOTE (andy111172 @ May 31 2011, 01:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanx for the reply..

My commuting route consists of some congested road and about 5km stretch of highway. Anyway, from your evaluation, I think the CBR is suitable for me coz I don't really plan to do top speed on this bike.. just to familiarize myself again with the sbk. For highway top speed, I'll go for the Streetfighter or Hayabusa later on... he he

The Blade seems like a good value for money but the I'm a bit skeptical on its reliability...

the old blade got some cooling problem on the 2nd cylinder block (the rear block of v-twin) tends to overheated....but newer model with fuel injection got that weakness covered with better fuel mapping...and new tail design quite handsome too....a good learner bike for preparation towards bigger cc...

but i only recommends blade to u if u know how to survive in maintaining the bike DIY because most "regular" workshop would sembelih "NAZA" brand user reason from part sourcing very limited....(some of the bodypart only available from naza altough engine part/replacement can mix and match from other suzuki bike)

p/s:the origin of naza blade/hyosung blade was as suzuki official parts supplier/engine assembler

some might say the safe bet is by taking ninja250...reliable inline 2cylinder engine from oldtime zzr250...and kawasaki in malaysia was quite famous so sparepart was easy to source....but the design,meter arrangement was quite boring and cheap (all analog)....

so like your description of short highway then i suggest u to proceed to nearest honda showroom to pre-test cbr250 riding position and watching the bike in person....being honda...there's nothing wrong with it...plus honda's fuel consumption was really saving your money over the other 2bike....

*crazy drifter|| http://img225.images...gilalahlagi.jpg
*Drift King is Back!!|| http://img580.images...ahdkterbaik.jpg
(NFS Underground)

andy111172

Posted 31 May 2011 - 04:42 PM

andy111172

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts
Good info bro... thanx a lot.. smile_thumbup.gif

radiohead

Posted 15 June 2011 - 01:31 PM

radiohead

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 658 posts
cbr- good for city driving, great torque, good FC. - & can tourer with it in hiway.
since yer budget 25K, y not consider ER6N -used. ? more power, & tourer bike aso.
read www.malaysianbikers.my

unpro

Posted 22 June 2011 - 10:37 AM

unpro

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,454 posts
Hi have you actually bought any bike?

New Blade Efi naked cost around RM13k++ OTR these days. Wouldn't burn a hole in the pocket.

Did over 40k on this bike with no issue on the engine (just change oil and oil filter)

Loads of torque for traffic jams, we are taking sub 3000rpm power here. You balance the clutch just like a car, no need to rev it up to insane rpm.

Keep the chain happily oiled, and avoid chasing down bigger 650 cc bike and this bike will serve you well.

Alternatively, grab a Sym, no where near as fast as the Blade, but carries a lot, bright lights and easy to ride and all.
Feel the Force Mother!!!