Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Beware Of Ban Hooi Klang

• Please log in to reply

SplitFire

Posted 28 July 2009 - 10:50 AM

SplitFire

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,878 posts
QUOTE (cygnus @ Jul 28 2009, 10:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
...this is the root cause. Some ppl juz dun like to get told for wat to do. Why didn't u check on the spot? You may get a free new set of rims...

Can like that one ar? smile_shock.gif

Ok. I go try, and hope them scratch my rim kaw kaw when pry out old tyres. smile_evil.gif smile_big.gif
Ram me if you can!

SplitFire

vr2turbo

Posted 28 July 2009 - 10:53 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (SplitFire @ Jul 28 2009, 10:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can like that one ar? smile_shock.gif

Ok. I go try, and hope them scratch my rim kaw kaw when pry out old tyres. smile_evil.gif smile_big.gif

If fitting new set, can complain for another set. If old set, they can claim damage already or maybe they just paint back for you.... smile_blackeye.gif

bOROi

Posted 28 July 2009 - 11:37 AM

bOROi

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
frankly when you go fix new tyres....you are really at the mercy of the installers......does not matter wether their tyres are cheaper of they sell you at standard price.....If you are unlucky and get a reckless installer what can you do.....you want to complain to boss also boss will usually side their worker, and with sour faced worker working on your tyres also not selamat.

Worse still if your rim type like the ones with the front or face coming out wider than the tyre.......wrongly done when removing the wheel, and the face hit the concrete, all chalar chalar and to the installer as if nothing happened.....

Rgds

Myah United Rules!!!!

SplitFire

Posted 28 July 2009 - 12:42 PM

SplitFire

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,878 posts
QUOTE (bOROi @ Jul 28 2009, 11:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
frankly when you go fix new tyres....you are really at the mercy of the installers......does not matter wether their tyres are cheaper of they sell you at standard price.....If you are unlucky and get a reckless installer what can you do.....you want to complain to boss also boss will usually side their worker, and with sour faced worker working on your tyres also not selamat.

Worse still if your rim type like the ones with the front or face coming out wider than the tyre.......wrongly done when removing the wheel, and the face hit the concrete, all chalar chalar and to the installer as if nothing happened.....

Rgds

Depends on what tools to use to pry out the old tyres.

Actually rim will not get scratch so easily.
Ram me if you can!

SplitFire

mstan

Posted 28 July 2009 - 02:37 PM

mstan

1st Gear

• Members
  • 1 posts
After reading the AW forumer's comments, I decided to visit Ban Hooi to change my car's 4 tyres. I found that BH's price quite good, they charged me RM150/pc for NCT5. Yes, agreed with comment that the workmanship there is not very good and I noticed quite a number of workers there and the guy who did my car was bit careless, typical 'don't-care' attitude. I didn't find any scratches to my rims.

I was in a hurry this morning so did not bother to convey the message to Ah Hooi (the BH boss). Will I visit again? I think so, coz the price there is really cheap..

redfly

Posted 28 July 2009 - 04:51 PM

redfly

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Talk about coincidence, I just went to Tek Ming in Sunway to change tyres and experience the same problems too. The workers were rough when performing the tyres extraction from my rims esp. the prying part. They also nearly mis-install my valve cover to rubber (original was metal) until I point it out. I try to monitor them closely and made sure they didn't screw up my Mazda rim covers like what happened to me in Hup Shun KJ.

Bottom line is, have to keep an eye on the worker, sometimes we "pay" for the cheaper tyre price by getting crappy workmanship :-(

vr2turbo

Posted 28 July 2009 - 06:40 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (SplitFire @ Jul 28 2009, 12:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Depends on what tools to use to pry out the old tyres.

Actually rim will not get scratch so easily.

Bro. split,

It does when prying out. Fitting in then NO.
When taking out the tyres, they have to pry and keep the metal rod against the rims surface and turn to remove the tyres.
My usual shop guy, puts a piece of soft cardboard there to cushion it. Most people don't do it...... smile_blackeye.gif

SplitFire

Posted 29 July 2009 - 12:58 AM

SplitFire

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,878 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Jul 28 2009, 06:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro. split,

When taking out the tyres, they have to pry and keep the metal rod against the rims surface and turn to remove the tyres.
My usual shop guy, puts a piece of soft cardboard there to cushion it. Most people don't do it...... smile_blackeye.gif

There's a piece of plastic fix on the prying rod to protect the rim mar... So when pry and turn the wheel, that plastic can avoid direct contact of the pryer and rim. As they slides along happily ever after..... biggrin.gif

Maybe not a lot of tyre shop using this piece of plactic.
Ram me if you can!

SplitFire

bOROi

Posted 29 July 2009 - 09:11 AM

bOROi

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
QUOTE (SplitFire @ Jul 29 2009, 12:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There's a piece of plastic fix on the prying rod to protect the rim mar... So when pry and turn the wheel, that plastic can avoid direct contact of the pryer and rim. As they slides along happily ever after..... biggrin.gif

Maybe not a lot of tyre shop using this piece of plactic.

bro....the thing is nothing to do with the equipment, its more about the attitude and carelessness of the workers. smile_blush.gif

Myah United Rules!!!!

XRS

Posted 29 July 2009 - 11:43 PM

XRS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Jul 28 2009, 06:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro. split,

yes, exactly what happened to my rims. Unfortunately for me I don't think they gave a damn....