Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

[official] Proton Exora Bold And Prime

• Please log in to reply

axn

Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:04 PM

axn

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
Shall I reply..."Sure ah? Can give me the car on that date ah? If no car I burn down your showroom!!!"

1.gif

dejavu1

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:12 AM

dejavu1

6th Gear

• Members
  • 9 posts
Hello all,

I am a newbie in this forum, so be gentle.

Got my EB last Thursday, so come this Thursday, it will be a week. I am enjoying it now, but mileage still only 120km +

Just some things about my EB I hope you sifus can advise, or at least I hope some Proton people will read this and find the solution. These problems are not so serious, but irritating to me:-

1) Steering alignment a bit off, not a big problem..

2) Engine makes weird sound when start from cold (like the youtube video and discussed before)... Any answers yet?

3) Water temperature blue light DOES NOT TURN ON when engine starts. My friend's Exora CPS has this blue light on and stays on until engine is properly warmed up. Is this a problem or is it normal for CFE engines?

4) Cooling Fan for Turbo now does not turn on after engine stop. It used to turn on after engine stop the first few days, but now after I switch off engine, it doesn't. Does this thing turn on depending on how you drive i.e. if you drive hard and use the turbine often, it will switch on?? This is worrying me... i takut the turbo unit jammed due to improper cooling...

5) I can't find any mention about the turbo unit (for maintenance etc.) in the user's manual book.

5) Do you guys really follow the "running in" guidelines ( max speed < 120kmh) or you guys hantam kaw-kaw from day one? I get a lot of toyotas and cherys biting my back, but since my EB not yet reach 1000km, I have to let them pass la, cannot test power...

Ok that's all. Thanks for any response in advance.

ntc2000

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:36 PM

ntc2000

Knight Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,286 posts
QUOTE (dejavu1 @ Feb 29 2012, 01:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello all,

Got my EB last Thursday, so come this Thursday, it will be a week. I am enjoying it now, but mileage still only 120km +

Just some things about my EB I hope you sifus can advise, or at least I hope some Proton people will read this and find the solution. These problems are not so serious, but irritating to me:-

2) Engine makes weird sound when start from cold (like the youtube video and discussed before)... Any answers yet?

3) Water temperature blue light DOES NOT TURN ON when engine starts. My friend's Exora CPS has this blue light on and stays on until engine is properly warmed up. Is this a problem or is it normal for CFE engines?

4) Cooling Fan for Turbo now does not turn on after engine stop. It used to turn on after engine stop the first few days, but now after I switch off engine, it doesn't. Does this thing turn on depending on how you drive i.e. if you drive hard and use the turbine often, it will switch on?? This is worrying me... i takut the turbo unit jammed due to improper cooling...

5) I can't find any mention about the turbo unit (for maintenance etc.) in the user's manual book.

5) Do you guys really follow the "running in" guidelines ( max speed < 120kmh) or you guys hantam kaw-kaw from day one? I get a lot of toyotas and cherys biting my back, but since my EB not yet reach 1000km, I have to let them pass la, cannot test power...

1) can fix it easily.
2) yes, P1 alr found the root cause. Yday 2 CFE being disassemble half top engine at the same time(Plentong PESC). It is due to 1 bearing overtighten. I have full set of photo, but due to owner request, i wont post it here. It is a heart break when saw the engine being disassemble like that.
3) No idea for this.
4) yes, as i notice if we keep on boost the turbo unit, fan will switch on. If slow and steady, fan wont switch on.
5) i haven read all the user manual, no comment.
6) 2nd day i get my car, i alr hantam till 140-150 to send my wifey to hospital for delivery. Kena ops sikap saman RM300 also in subang, stated 90km/h limit, my speed at that time is 134km/h 059.gif

hope this can help u.

Gunnerzz

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:01 PM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
QUOTE (dejavu1 @ Feb 29 2012, 01:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello all,

Others are answered by bro ntc....for Q3 regarding the blue temp light.

Blue temp light 1st appeared on CPS powered model like Gen2, Neo CPS and Exora CPS. Apart from being warning for high temp it also serve as a CPS fault indicator. Should the light lit up during driving or did not turn of after few sec after starting it indicate there is a fault with the CPS system if temperature is normal. Since the Exora CFE does not have CPS system, there is no need to install such indicator.

ntc2000

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:40 PM

ntc2000

Knight Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,286 posts
QUOTE (Gunnerzz @ Feb 29 2012, 07:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Blue temp light 1st appeared on CPS powered model like Gen2, Neo CPS and Exora CPS. Apart from being warning for high temp it also serve as a CPS fault indicator. Should the light lit up during driving or did not turn of after few sec after starting it indicate there is a fault with the CPS system if temperature is normal. Since the Exora CFE does not have CPS system, there is no need to install such indicator.

taikor, sudah buy NMT sticker ah? contact moshie bro if u want.

bpguan

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:36 PM

bpguan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts
bro ntc2000...mind to share more about the Q2 problem...which bearing in the campro cfe engine got overtighten?head or block?

ntc2000

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:10 PM

ntc2000

Knight Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,286 posts
QUOTE (bpguan @ Feb 29 2012, 09:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
bro ntc2000...mind to share more about the Q2 problem...which bearing in the campro cfe engine got overtighten?head or block?

it is one way valve. this valve broke due to bad workmanship during assemble. It's contain bearing in there.

2 CFE being fixed, have to monitor for 2-3 to close case...

OK刚刚傍晚拿车回来了。
SC test了说已经没有怪声了,我也有试停一阵子才start,暂时也没听到那个声音。还要monitor两,三天才能真正的拍板close case。
Repair quality方面还可以接受,engine compartment还算整齐,没有说东一堆油迹西一堆油迹,但是他们也不会好到拿片布来跟你稍为抹一抹engine的上面部分。大力lap油还算顺畅。
重点来了。祸首到底是什么东西呢?原来只是一个小小的“one way valve“坏掉,应该是引擎装配的时候workmanship不好,伤到valve里面的bearing,造成流入VVT那带的油由此valve回流。就是说引擎关了后,VVT那边本来应该一直要有机油的慢慢变乾,时间越长当然越不妙咯。结果怪声就在VVT缺乏机油的情形下发了出来。事情的始末大概就是这样。
SC只是换掉这粒valve,老实说我是有点担心camshaft或者真正的engine valve已经多多少少磨损了一些。心痛啊!
下面是“one way valve“的庐山真面目,昨天偷拍到的。我有捉在手上,里面有spring, 但没看到bearing。很小粒而已,大概只有1.5cm长。

dejavu1

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:14 PM

dejavu1

6th Gear

• Members
  • 9 posts
QUOTE (Gunnerzz @ Feb 29 2012, 07:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Gee...thanks for that info... really put my mind at ease. I thot there was a toyol in the dashboard fouling up the circuits. So no need to tell the SC to look into it on my next service. I still warm up my engine for 1..2..minutes before moving. I know there are some school of thoughts that think warming up engines is no longer needed, but I still believe it helps.. Do you guys do that?

dejavu1

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:20 PM

dejavu1

6th Gear

• Members
  • 9 posts
QUOTE (ntc2000 @ Feb 29 2012, 10:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
it is one way valve. this valve broke due to bad workmanship during assemble. It's contain bearing in there.

2 CFE being fixed, have to monitor for 2-3 to close case...

Aiya... Is this starting noise problem serious i.e it affects the engine or parts long term? Or can I just close one ear and live with it?? I don't want the SC to start opening up the engine... later more problems...

ntc2000

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:50 PM

ntc2000

Knight Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,286 posts
QUOTE (dejavu1 @ Mar 1 2012, 12:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Aiya... Is this starting noise problem serious i.e it affects the engine or parts long term? Or can I just close one ear and live with it?? I don't want the SC to start opening up the engine... later more problems...

yes... it will affected in long term.