Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Umw Pennzoil?

• Please log in to reply

Taikoh

Posted 04 April 2009 - 10:30 PM

Taikoh

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,107 posts
After looking at the oil container closely, I finally realized the oil is blended by "an" ISO 9001:2000 certified plant and not blended by a plant that calls itself AN.
Obviously, people from UMW Penzoil don't give a s_hit on what is said about their product!
So much for the ISO9001 continous improvement clause.
Taikoh

Esky

Posted 06 April 2009 - 08:14 AM

Esky

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,954 posts
Anyone noticed that recently local Pennzoil lubes shot up a lot in price? It used to be cheaper than its competitors, but now it's overtaken many of them to be the price leader! smile_angry.gif Few months back, their mineral 10W-30 was RM36/3L and cheaper than similar products from Castrol & Shell, but now it's RM49/3L while Castrol is only RM40/3L!!

Faster acceleration, less fuel consumption - SURBO

> XLIQ <

~ Think great oil at great price, think Esky ~
Amsoil | German Castrol | Royal Purple | Mobil 1 | Mobil 1 EP | Motul

wong916

Posted 07 April 2009 - 12:20 PM

wong916

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
If they are import from Japan, then the exchange rate cause the price up.
My 2 yen

vr2turbo

Posted 08 April 2009 - 02:08 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (Esky @ Apr 6 2009, 08:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyone noticed that recently local Pennzoil lubes shot up a lot in price? It used to be cheaper than its competitors, but now it's overtaken many of them to be the price leader! smile_angry.gif Few months back, their mineral 10W-30 was RM36/3L and cheaper than similar products from Castrol & Shell, but now it's RM49/3L while Castrol is only RM40/3L!!

Got to sponsor the Rally team mah......ha! ha! smile_big.gif smile_big.gif

Esky

Posted 08 April 2009 - 02:31 PM

Esky

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,954 posts
Wah, Petrol, Oil & Additives forum also became vr2turbo forum already, just like Tyre & Wheel Talk! haha!

Not only the rally team, but also lots of ads in printed & online media lately.
Faster acceleration, less fuel consumption - SURBO

> XLIQ <

~ Think great oil at great price, think Esky ~
Amsoil | German Castrol | Royal Purple | Mobil 1 | Mobil 1 EP | Motul

vr2turbo

Posted 08 April 2009 - 03:29 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (Esky @ Apr 8 2009, 02:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wah, Petrol, Oil & Additives forum also became vr2turbo forum already, just like Tyre & Wheel Talk! haha!

Not only the rally team, but also lots of ads in printed & online media lately.

Bro. Esky,

Forum mah.... anything can put in. More or less related that is.......ha! ha! smile_tongue.gif
I think you have not gone in to Auto Detailing and Auto Maintenance yet.... smile_big.gif

rdgs,

YSW

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:38 PM

YSW

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 864 posts
These are the info I gathered, please correct me and share here if you find them inaccurate...

1) UMW Pennzoil buys base oil from CPC, Taiwan, and, additive from Infineum.... I guess Pennzoil USA which manufactured by SOPUS, like what the company name stands for, SOPUS = Shell Oil Product United States, should be getting their base oil from Shell USA...

2) Pennzoil USA is licencee of American Petroleum Institute, API, hence you can find API "donut" or "starburst" on the packaging of the product, Pennzoil made by UMW is not licenced by API.

Based on these info, product that produced with different raw material and standard control shall not be considered the same even though they are sharing the same brand....

br1

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:51 PM

br1

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts
QUOTE (YSW @ Sep 15 2012, 06:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
These are the info I gathered, please correct me and share here if you find them inaccurate...

1) UMW Pennzoil buys base oil from CPC, Taiwan, and, additive from Infineum.... I guess Pennzoil USA which manufactured by SOPUS, like what the company name stands for, SOPUS = Shell Oil Product United States, should be getting their base oil from Shell USA...

2) Pennzoil USA is licencee of American Petroleum Institute, API, hence you can find API "donut" or "starburst" on the packaging of the product, Pennzoil made by UMW is not licenced by API.

Based on these info, product that produced with different raw material and standard control shall not be considered the same even though they are sharing the same brand....

That's why the oil is so much cheaper and if can pakai and no problem then good er?

vr2turbo

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:33 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (br1 @ Sep 15 2012, 09:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's why the oil is so much cheaper and if can pakai and no problem then good er?

Banyak sudah pakai, and rally team also....... smile_thumbup.gif

br1

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:04 PM

br1

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Sep 18 2012, 05:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Banyak sudah pakai, and rally team also....... smile_thumbup.gif

I pun ade pakai smile_tongue.gif for my after warranty cars , but new cars SC dont allow bring own oil so just let SC use their oil and pay through the nose lor... what to do? smile_disapprove.gif