Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

List Of Modifications On Your Sonata Yf

• Please log in to reply

adisonata

Posted 17 March 2011 - 12:26 AM

adisonata

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts
QUOTE (darreltian @ Mar 16 2011, 05:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
possible, someone posted the item will be sold soon in myforte club FB

Darreltian, did u hv any idea how to check & what to look into that this item suitable for sonata?

adisonata

Posted 17 March 2011 - 12:44 AM

adisonata

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts
QUOTE (devilfan @ Mar 15 2011, 11:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Mousey, FYI I have enquired with FSK Network (local distributors for Flyaudio products) and Sonata YF custom made navi is tentatively set to be launched end March/early Apr. There has been a few delays and it appears that they are still testing the final product. Their UK website apparently says the same.

http://www.flyaudio.co/29-new-for-2011

Previously there were indication that there are plans to offer this as an optional accessory. I've given up chasing HSDM on this subject - no one seem to be able to provide any concrete information.

Devilfan, how much will it be? I think this will be the most $$$ in upgrade!

wakeng

Posted 17 March 2011 - 03:37 AM

wakeng

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
I'm looking for a place to install my DRL light I purchased from shark racing and also change the head light and fog light bulbs

QUOTE (adisonata @ Mar 17 2011, 12:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wakeng, which item r u looking for? There r a few shop in BM!

wakeng

Posted 17 March 2011 - 03:45 AM

wakeng

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Bro Adisonata,

The parking lights is also in my books to be changed. I'm looking for a place which have some experience in doing the job instead of this shops which only work on trial and error.

Will be collecting my ride only next month. Car is already at the dealers, i cannot collect because i just got called overseas : ( My DRL has already been delivered to me. Hope u can help.

adrwoon

Posted 17 March 2011 - 04:51 PM

adrwoon

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 931 posts
QUOTE (wakeng @ Mar 17 2011, 03:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm looking for a place to install my DRL light I purchased from shark racing and also change the head light and fog light bulbs

Hi wakeng... you bought the LED DRLs for the fog lights? If it's the L-shaped LED DRLs, just as a note, the harness that came with LED DRLs are wired for US and Korean models. Their high-beam acts as a DRL as well while ours is purely high-beam. When the harness is connected to our cars, the DRLs will only turn on if the parking lights are turned on.. It's still possible to turn them on when switching on ACC but requires some modification on the harness...

If you want, I can forward the instructions to you...
I don't want to be a genius - I have enough problems just trying to be a man.
Albert Camus

fsrfaee

Posted 17 March 2011 - 08:15 PM

fsrfaee

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts
Hi all,
Got my ride (2.0 HS black) yesterday. Seems like i am the only one driving the car in my area, which is sweet!

Today met up with Ricky and he guided me to the shop in Puchong. Also had morning tea (milo for me) and a good chat with him.

The things done to my car so far:
1. Tinting - raytech (done in Shah Alam, near the dealership) -1800
2. Soundproofing (done in Puchong) - 1200
3. Changed horn - now no longer puny sounding (done in Puchong) - <200
4. Changed front light bulbs to Osram Night Breaker Plus (done in Puchong, got the bulbs from Ricky) <200
5. Changed floor mats. Went for the one with two year warranty (also in Puchong) <500

Also got car cover from the shop to lessen the impact of cats sleeping on my front hood. this morning i woke up and saw the hood full of cat hair..

Next up:
1. TPMS - gonna get tyredogs from Ardwoon
2. Sierra glow - only in April.

Wish-list (will depend on funds status)
1. Anti roll bar from Ultra Racing - tested Ricky's car and the anti roll bar does make a difference in handling.
2. Front sensor from SF Auto.

Hopefully i get to meet up with other folks here in the next TTS!

wakeng

Posted 17 March 2011 - 09:16 PM

wakeng

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
QUOTE (adrwoon @ Mar 17 2011, 04:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi wakeng... you bought the LED DRLs for the fog lights? If it's the L-shaped LED DRLs, just as a note, the harness that came with LED DRLs are wired for US and Korean models. Their high-beam acts as a DRL as well while ours is purely high-beam. When the harness is connected to our cars, the DRLs will only turn on if the parking lights are turned on.. It's still possible to turn them on when switching on ACC but requires some modification on the harness...

If you want, I can forward the instructions to you...

Hi adrwoon,
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I did get the 'L' shpared DRL which goes on top of the fog light (USD 175). Im a bit confused, is the parking light the first knob you turn from the light switch? (the one we ususally turn on in the evening just before sun set). ACC would be at the 1st turn of the ignition before we start the car right. Real sorry for all the dumb questions, but im just not 100% clear.

I would love the instruction to get the DRL to work on ACC is possible thanks. But 1st I would have to find a workshop around my area which will install it for me. If cannot find then will have to make a trip down to Puchong to meet all you guys la.

roocarroll

Posted 17 March 2011 - 09:34 PM

roocarroll

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 597 posts
Very interesting thread. You guys certainly love your mods.

I hope you don't mind me asking but are the Nightbreaker Plus bulbs an illegal mod and what are LED parking lights?

adrwoon

Posted 17 March 2011 - 10:27 PM

adrwoon

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 931 posts
QUOTE (wakeng @ Mar 17 2011, 09:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi adrwoon,
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I did get the 'L' shpared DRL which goes on top of the fog light (USD 175). Im a bit confused, is the parking light the first knob you turn from the light switch? (the one we ususally turn on in the evening just before sun set). ACC would be at the 1st turn of the ignition before we start the car right. Real sorry for all the dumb questions, but im just not 100% clear.

I would love the instruction to get the DRL to work on ACC is possible thanks. But 1st I would have to find a workshop around my area which will install it for me. If cannot find then will have to make a trip down to Puchong to meet all you guys la.

hi wakeng.. yup, you're right on both counts about the parking light and ACC... except for our Sonata, it's the push-button...

any good accessories shop will be able to install it for you.. it's a really perfect fit.. the only thing is they have to loosen the foglight to thread the LED connectors through..

as for the harness, you make a small cut about one quarter way up the end with the red and black connectors.. gently pull out the red and black harness till a small relay comes out.. there will be three wires connecting to the relay: black, red and green. Of the three wires, cut the red wire in half. Get the shop to run a wire from fusebox (choose a fuse like the cigarette lighter or something that will run on ACC) and connect one to ground and the other wire to the red wire that is leading to the small relay..

aren't you from BM? you're thinking of making a trip down to Puchong to install them? wow... smile_big.gif
Albert Camus

adrwoon

Posted 17 March 2011 - 10:38 PM

adrwoon

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 931 posts
QUOTE (roocarroll @ Mar 17 2011, 09:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Very interesting thread. You guys certainly love your mods.

I hope you don't mind me asking but are the Nightbreaker Plus bulbs an illegal mod and what are LED parking lights?

hi roocarroll... no, the Nightbreaker aren't illegal.. They're just replacement bulbs..

These are parking lights and the LEDs: (the parking light is a T-10 wedge type base)

Albert Camus