Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Any Insurance Company For Cars Above 20 Years

• Please log in to reply

herry

Posted 06 January 2011 - 06:39 PM

herry

1st Gear

• Members
  • 1 posts
QUOTE (wangi @ Aug 25 2009, 05:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This afternoon wanted to renew my parent car (KE20 - 34 yr old) insurance which will expire tomorrow, many insurance co. now not accept for 3rd party one. Then call up MMIP, the answer was for car more than 21 years old, need puspakom inspection and if the car owner is more than 65 year old, need medical report, OMG. Then, wanted to buy the comprehensive insurance (1st party) and to check the price, they also don't accept:smile_angry: .

Anyone has bought the insurance without puspakom inspection for old car recently? Please help.

I have same problem with you and other members. Cannot renew for my car insurance. A lot of insurance already try..Same answers:( but good news, i am just calling my agent insurance 30min ago, for car over than 15years and above, can be renew at the POST OFFICE..tomorrow, i'll go to the post office..

Onizuka

Posted 06 January 2011 - 07:35 PM

Onizuka

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
QUOTE (herry @ Jan 6 2011, 06:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have same problem with you and other members. Cannot renew for my car insurance. A lot of insurance already try..Same answers:( but good news, i am just calling my agent insurance 30min ago, for car over than 15years and above, can be renew at the POST OFFICE..tomorrow, i'll go to the post office..

They will still ask you go to PUSPAKOM for inspection. It happened to me... smile_cry.gif

MASsenger

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:44 AM

MASsenger

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts
QUOTE (Onizuka @ Jan 6 2011, 07:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They will still ask you go to PUSPAKOM for inspection. It happened to me... smile_cry.gif

Is it a long wait at Puspakom. Better to go in the morning or after noon. Must the registered owner be present or it can be done onbehalf.

The REALdeal

vr2turbo

Posted 08 January 2011 - 03:33 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,471 posts
QUOTE (MASsenger @ Jan 7 2011, 08:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is it a long wait at Puspakom. Better to go in the morning or after noon. Must the registered owner be present or it can be done onbehalf.

I think can hire runner to do it..... smile_tongue.gif

vr2turbo

Posted 08 January 2011 - 03:35 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,471 posts
QUOTE (herry @ Jan 6 2011, 06:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My car is coming to 20 years old, but have been buying 1st party insurance for the last 10 years, so they are still insuring the car..... smile_tongue.gif

MASsenger

Posted 11 January 2011 - 01:26 PM

MASsenger

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Jan 8 2011, 03:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My car is coming to 20 years old, but have been buying 1st party insurance for the last 10 years, so they are still insuring the car..... smile_tongue.gif

I think he meant, not able to buy 3rd party for his 15year old car. The ins co want to sell only 1st party.

herry, you can get 3rd party from Post office. You also need to get Puspakom inspection certificate before you go to the Post office,as your car is 15 years old. If your car is in good running order, Puspakom inspection is not a problem.

The REALdeal

vr2turbo

Posted 12 January 2011 - 02:08 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,471 posts
QUOTE (MASsenger @ Jan 11 2011, 01:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think he meant, not able to buy 3rd party for his 15year old car. The ins co want to sell only 1st party.

herry, you can get 3rd party from Post office. You also need to get Puspakom inspection certificate before you go to the Post office,as your car is 15 years old. If your car is in good running order, Puspakom inspection is not a problem.

Some are asking for 1st party and some 3rd party....... smile_wink.gif

nextar

Posted 12 January 2011 - 04:31 PM

nextar

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 339 posts
What will they be losing by insuring old but good condition cars beside collecting easy money?

vr2turbo

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:05 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,471 posts
QUOTE (nextar @ Jan 12 2011, 04:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What will they be losing by insuring old but good condition cars beside collecting easy money?

1st or 3rd party Insurance??

MASsenger

Posted 13 January 2011 - 09:02 AM

MASsenger

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Jan 12 2011, 02:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Some are asking for 1st party and some 3rd party....... smile_wink.gif

Presently 1st party ins. is not a problem. Most co. are selling this. Problem is trying to get 3rd party on old cars. The way I`ve worked out is to get Puspakom certificate and go to Post office for 3rd.party ins. and road tax.
If anyone knows any other ways, please post info.

The REALdeal