Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Enkei Sport Rims

• Please log in to reply

vr2turbo

Posted 25 August 2010 - 11:08 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (eyanaw @ Aug 24 2010, 09:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yup. RM1700 with tyre. The fellow is a honda dealer as well. I actually went to his house to collect the rims.. a bit far but worth it happy.gif

Together with what tyres? How much tread pattern left?
Rims how to check whether spinning round or not?

cavaliars

Posted 30 August 2010 - 11:19 PM

cavaliars

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Jun 23 2009, 10:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Design is one thing, whether got damage (dent) is another.

OEM rims also usually they supply with smaller width.
Like Old CT rims only 5.5J for 15". 6J or 6.5J will be better especially on 195 size tyres..... smile_thumbup.gif

yup,totally agree on this.reason for me changing rims is due to this.
change from 15 stock to 15 aftermarket.gets wider rim.trying to find 15X7JJ but quite hard to find smile_tongue.gif
now just use taiwan rims 15X6.5JJ.rims is also lighter compare to stock rim which i heard weight around 8kg.the current 1 i;m using is around 5.8kg?hehe.

eyanaw

Posted 31 August 2010 - 01:44 AM

eyanaw

6th Gear

• Members
  • 6 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Aug 25 2010, 11:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Together with what tyres? How much tread pattern left?
Rims how to check whether spinning round or not?

Yup, with Bridgestone tyres. I could say tyre thread is 85%. I went to the car shop in Setapak to swap those rims including tyre balancing & alignments. One rim is a bit dented but no big deal. They had it repair. I did a test drive from KL to Seremban. So far no problem.

cavaliars

Posted 31 August 2010 - 09:09 AM

cavaliars

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts
QUOTE (eyanaw @ Aug 31 2010, 01:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yup, with Bridgestone tyres. I could say tyre thread is 85%. I went to the car shop in Setapak to swap those rims including tyre balancing & alignments. One rim is a bit dented but no big deal. They had it repair. I did a test drive from KL to Seremban. So far no problem.

good deal u have there.which setapak shop u went to for alignment n balancing?
what profile tyre u on?heard that rim is very easy to get dented.have to take extra care of it smile_approve.gif

vr2turbo

Posted 31 August 2010 - 05:27 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (cavaliars @ Aug 31 2010, 09:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what profile tyre u on?heard that rim is very easy to get dented.have to take extra care of it smile_approve.gif

Many types of rims. So softer, some harder.
Dents also depends on the tyre profile, and road traveled on..... smile_tongue.gif

eyanaw

Posted 01 September 2010 - 02:26 PM

eyanaw

6th Gear

• Members
  • 6 posts
QUOTE (cavaliars @ Aug 31 2010, 09:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks huhu. Name of the shop is Teik Chan Sime Tyres. I did my alignment and balancing there a couple of times cos they use the manual way not the machine ones. That's why I prefer to go there smile_sleepy.gif. But what I hate is we need to book early cos it's always full house.

Btw, my tyre is Bridgestone B'Style EX and size is 195/55.

QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Aug 31 2010, 05:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Many types of rims. So softer, some harder.
Dents also depends on the tyre profile, and road traveled on..... smile_tongue.gif

True. Even my friend who uses Tom's Racing also got dents.. major ones. So depends on the road you drive.

vr2turbo

Posted 01 September 2010 - 05:00 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (eyanaw @ Sep 1 2010, 02:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks huhu. Name of the shop is Teik Chan Sime Tyres. I did my alignment and balancing there a couple of times cos they use the manual way not the machine ones. That's why I prefer to go there smile_sleepy.gif. But what I hate is we need to book early cos it's always full house.

Btw, my tyre is Bridgestone B'Style EX and size is 195/55.

True. Even my friend who uses Tom's Racing also got dents.. major ones. So depends on the road you drive.

Are those JDM tyres??