Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

303 Aerospace Protectant

• Please log in to reply

cbsteh

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:52 AM

cbsteh

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts
Guys, hands up who has 303 Aerospace Protectant.

Do you recommend this for exterior plastic trims? Would it protect as well as darken the black plastics? Please share.

KrisMas

Posted 19 December 2011 - 12:16 PM

KrisMas

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts
Coming soon....remind me again in a couple of weeks.... smile_sleepy.gif smile_sleepy.gif smile_sleepy.gif

jonlsl

Posted 19 December 2011 - 01:25 PM

jonlsl

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
QUOTE (cbsteh @ Dec 19 2011, 11:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do you recommend this for exterior plastic trims? Would it protect as well as darken the black plastics? Please share.

Sorry my hand not up.

cbsteh

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:59 PM

cbsteh

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts
I am getting a bottle tomorrow (RM64 for 16 oz). Here is what they emailed to me (after some editing):

303 Aerospace Protectant (303 AP)

General Information:
303 AP is the most effective UV screening product in today’s market, providing Factor 40 (SPF 40) protection. It can be thought of as sunscreen for your stuff made of vinyl, synthetic & natural rubber, fiberglass, clear plastic, PVC, treated leather and much more.
*Not for unfinished leathers (such as suede), fabrics (canvas) or floors.

Features:
1. 100% prevention of slow-fade caused by UV rays with regular use.
2. Restores lost color & luster to “like new”.
3. Not oily or greasy.
4. Easy application: Spray on, wipe dry
5. Anti-static finish that does not attract dust
6. Treated surface stays cleaner longer, reducing maintenance.
7. Treated surface repels water quickly which helps prevent mildew.
8. Repels ice and snow.
9. Does not contain waxes, glycerin, petroleum distillates or harmful silicone oils. (Most
other protectant products contain one or more of the above ingredients)

Automotive:
Vinyl & leather interiors, plastic bumpers, fender flares, trim and lenses, car bras, tonneau covers, vinyl soft tops & plastic windows, chrome and alloy wheels, rubber door seals & hoses.

Applying by hand:
Spray on, wetting the surface with 303 AP. Wipe COMPLETELY dry. Turn cloth over to a dry area (or use a second clean, dry, absorbent cloth) and polish to remove any and all excess. Following these simple instructions, getting the surface wet (not just damp) with 303 AP, then wiping COMPLETELY dry will give you a beautiful, like-new finish that repels soiling and stains and LASTS LONGER.

Applying with power buffer:
Wash the surface to remove surface dirt & grit. Then use a variable speed power buffer (set not to exceed 1800 rpm) with a synthetic wool pad(or equivalent). Spray 303 AP on the surface, spread with the buffer on low, then increase the Rpm’s & buff in until dry. Professionals utilizing this method achieve a labor savings of at least 80% compared to standard buffing & waxing, while producing a more lustrous and beautiful, longer lasting finish.

Note: In some cases, pre-buffing may be required. Be sure to use a buffing compound which leaves no wax or polymer finish.

Newkelisa

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:09 PM

Newkelisa

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts
QUOTE (cbsteh @ Dec 19 2011, 11:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have been using this for more than a year now.

Not sure about protection for the exterior plastics, I guess it does help if I compare my cars to other models.

It does darken the plastic 'gracefully'. It does not give a gloss shiny appearance which I don't like. I prefer the factory matt look.

I used it for nearly everything, exterior, interior and even the engine bay.

vr2turbo

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:02 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
When used on exterior, rain already how is it??

Newkelisa

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:36 PM

Newkelisa

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Dec 19 2011, 08:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When used on exterior, rain already how is it??

I would say depends on the plastic it is being used on and how you apply it.

"Spray on and WIPE COMPLETELY DRY" is the instruction written on it.

Initially using it I treated it like other products I've used, the more wet the better smile_big.gif But after rain the smile_sad.gif thing run off creating patches on the trim.

Then I followed the instructions and I've not had any problems after rain except for the mudguards on one of my card. And it is only the rear mudguards on that car.

Dunno why maybe the material as the front mudguards the same car and also on other cars fine blink.gif

But door handles, bumper trims, side fenders, windshield trim, window seals, side mirror trims, roof rail etc all fine

cbsteh

Posted 20 December 2011 - 11:51 AM

cbsteh

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts
I found a video that compares only the water beading/sheeting effect from 303 Aerospace Protectant, Duragloss #271 (Rubber and Trim) and ValetPRO Dionysus.

DG seems to sheet very well, 303 does sheet but the slowest compared to the other two.

Link

Please note this video only tests the sheeting not protection.

vr2turbo

Posted 21 December 2011 - 11:29 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
The window frame is not paint?

mubull

Posted 30 December 2011 - 10:26 AM

mubull

Tokyo Drifter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,385 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Dec 21 2011, 11:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The window frame is not paint?

depending which part.Some is sticker but mostly OE not with paint.

Like the ones shown by bro cbs, honda's mostly used sticker. then the lower part of the window frame is of hard rubber. I used 271 on it, wiper area hard trim.

The roof strip some with paint , some not. But of course its better if spray with black paint which can lasted longer.

u hv to touch the surface then only will know.

just to share.

cheers.... Duragloss The Wet Look
www.duragloss.com.my
facebook.com/duraglossmalaysia