Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Tinting For The Sonata Yf

• Please log in to reply

tanhb

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:34 PM

tanhb

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,963 posts
I'm using Llumar 4 mil tint. OK-lah no complain since it was offered by hyundai saleman at a huge discounted price trade-off wth the free tlousy tinted given FOC to me..

Actual price inc of sunroof was ~ RM2500. for whole car..but I paid only RM1k haha
Nissan Sunny 1995......Wira 1.5A 1997.....Citroen ZX1.8  2002....Nissan Sentra 1.6 2004.....Waja 1.6X 2004 (Co car)....Honda 8th Gen 1.8 2006...Hyundai Sonata YF 2011

mrrc

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:53 PM

mrrc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
mine is Llumar too, but dont know wat series. nontheless, got the whole car tinted and it was FOC. so cannot complain. smile.gif

tanhb

Posted 28 October 2011 - 12:15 AM

tanhb

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,963 posts
Darmit.. I thought I got the best deal liao but u got it 100% free
Nissan Sunny 1995......Wira 1.5A 1997.....Citroen ZX1.8  2002....Nissan Sentra 1.6 2004.....Waja 1.6X 2004 (Co car)....Honda 8th Gen 1.8 2006...Hyundai Sonata YF 2011

mrrc

Posted 28 October 2011 - 10:23 PM

mrrc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
QUOTE (tanhb @ Oct 28 2011, 12:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Darmit.. I thought I got the best deal liao but u got it 100% free

Tan, nvm mind lah. u still got subsidied, hehehe!

To add on, i also got him to pump 50 petrol, sand blast my car number on all windscreen, a GPS and half subsidied car number. smile_big.gif

batman72

Posted 29 October 2011 - 10:59 AM

batman72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
Yes I also did Llumar tinting using Diamond 6 and Gold films. If I am not mistaken, the Diamond 6 was the security film which they use for the windows and the sunroof and the other parts the installers use the Llumar Gold. Based on experience, when I open the sunroof during noon, you can feel the sunlight burning your skin. But with the sunroof closed, through the Diamond 6, the heat is bearable. Now you dont be misled by those misleading advertisements that the heat is totally wiped out by the film. You can still feel it but it is bearable. Forget about using the light bulp test on those films. The sun is much more powerful than a single 100W light bulb.

Overall I am quite happy with Llumar. Only thing, on some windows, I had to have it changed and redone again coz at certain angles you can see the light passes through it unevenly. You can see so called lines on the film at certain angles, hence if you are fussy like me, you will take it back to have it redone. What would you expect when you have paid like RM2450 to have the entire car llumared. It is not cheap, but I guess for a car like the Sonata, it is worth it. Hence, to share with you my 2 cents opinion on this tint film. Oh I forgot to mention it comes with 10 years warranty.

bbkat

Posted 29 October 2011 - 03:39 PM

bbkat

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
Guys, any good tint installer for panoramic roof to recommend?

I did not tint my roof earlier as the free tint installer from SA did not seem to be confident/skillful enough to do it for the roof. Futhermore, roof tint was not included in the FOC for my case... blink.gif

tekwei98

Posted 30 October 2011 - 01:07 AM

tekwei98

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts
QUOTE (batman72 @ Oct 29 2011, 10:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes I also did Llumar tinting using Diamond 6 and Gold films. If I am not mistaken, the Diamond 6 was the security film which they use for the windows and the sunroof and the other parts the installers use the Llumar Gold. Based on experience, when I open the sunroof during noon, you can feel the sunlight burning your skin. But with the sunroof closed, through the Diamond 6, the heat is bearable. Now you dont be misled by those misleading advertisements that the heat is totally wiped out by the film. You can still feel it but it is bearable. Forget about using the light bulp test on those films. The sun is much more powerful than a single 100W light bulb.

Overall I am quite happy with Llumar. Only thing, on some windows, I had to have it changed and redone again coz at certain angles you can see the light passes through it unevenly. You can see so called lines on the film at certain angles, hence if you are fussy like me, you will take it back to have it redone. What would you expect when you have paid like RM2450 to have the entire car llumared. It is not cheap, but I guess for a car like the Sonata, it is worth it. Hence, to share with you my 2 cents opinion on this tint film. Oh I forgot to mention it comes with 10 years warranty.

Light passes thru unevenly - are those something like a mark of some faint wording? If yes, I have at least 3 of those on my windshield. I tried to rub it off but can't. Llumar offered to redo the tint, but got to send in during weekdays or their off peak . I just live with it. I redo my passenger window tint though due to trapped dust particle.

wsaw111

Posted 05 November 2011 - 07:23 PM

wsaw111

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts
QUOTE (tekwei98 @ Oct 30 2011, 01:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Light passes thru unevenly - are those something like a mark of some faint wording? If yes, I have at least 3 of those on my windshield. I tried to rub it off but can't. Llumar offered to redo the tint, but got to send in during weekdays or their off peak . I just live with it. I redo my passenger window tint though due to trapped dust particle.

After 2 weeks bubble still there. Maybe due to rainy days that it couldn't dry off. Some of I manage to get rid of it by using cloth. Just press it and it stick to the glass and went off. 2 small bubble due to dust. The one at the back windshield near the bottom demister my finger couldnt reach. So I let it be. Hope it will dry off naturally. I tint 6 mil agard. I just top up from the discount given by the company. I think llumar is better. My civic tinted with 4mil llumar neverv had this problem. I think it may due to 6mil. It's more difficult to apply. It has 5 year warranty but I don't think I will have the time to claim. Also, too much of invasion my ride. 2 bubbles on the side window. They need to dismantle the door, right. Aiyoh, sad la. Scared later got klik klik sound. Then lagi teruk.

sammyvellu

Posted 06 February 2012 - 01:55 AM

sammyvellu

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,636 posts
Use the cheapest possible tint, as it ain't gonna add any RV to this rotten cabbage

alextaisy

Posted 06 February 2012 - 02:20 AM

alextaisy

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts
QUOTE (sammyvellu @ Feb 6 2012, 01:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Use the cheapest possible tint, as it ain't gonna add any RV to this rotten cabbage

Who says good tinting can increase the RV? It is just for the driving pleasure.

I do not think you can afford a good tinting as you will be driving in an oven for the next 5 years even you can dispose your car in high RV...