Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

[official] Proton Exora Bold And Prime

• Please log in to reply

yeongcl

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:58 PM

yeongcl

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts
Today is my 3rd time going back to Proton service.

1st time, stop at traffic light in D. Car will not move when green. Restart the car, ok. The service centre change oil control value.

2nd time, drive from Klang to Malacca. During idling, the RPM drop and then go up to 1.5 then normal. Repeated for 5 times. The service centre do adaption.

3rd time, driving out from a junction, the engine just die. Restart the car,ok. The service centre delete error code. Say it confuse the ECU.

All this happen within 1 month of purchase. Even thought everyone got exited about the Preve in my office. No one dare to buy one now. 1 of them that is so eager to buy Preve, brought a vios instate. Maybe he did not enjoy the trip picking me up and sending me to proton.
Proton? Can or not?

hhc8

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:14 AM

hhc8

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts
Saw oil leak on my car porch. Brought my Bold to EON Jalan 227 today to check.

Problem found :- when I had my first service change my oil at 1,000 km at PROTON EDAR MUTIARA DAMANSARA
they didn't tightened the nut and it has been leaking for 1 month!

ntc2000

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:38 PM

ntc2000

Knight Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,286 posts
QUOTE (hhc8 @ Apr 30 2012, 10:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Saw oil leak on my car porch. Brought my Bold to EON Jalan 227 today to check.

Problem found :- when I had my first service change my oil at 1,000 km at PROTON EDAR MUTIARA DAMANSARA
they didn't tightened the nut and it has been leaking for 1 month!

wah... this kind of mistake also can ah??

nvr go that PESC again.. hihi smile_blush.gif

ckl1998

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:20 AM

ckl1998

6th Gear

• Members
  • 6 posts
Hi,

Anyone of you having problem on EB driver seat?

My driver seat back can rock backward and forward everytime if I lean or un-lean on it. Did some checks and confirmed that the seat back will rock backward when force is exerted on it and it will rock forward when force is released. Though the movement is very small but it is very annoying especially during driving and breaking and I wonder it is safe.

The other matter is steering off centre. The steering is a bit to the right when holding it on straight road. It looks like when they did the alignment, they didn't lock the steering in centre position. Do you have this problem too?

I haven't sent to SC for checking but need some information from you on this matter.

mantan

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:27 PM

mantan

3rd Gear

• Members
  • 3 posts
Things I noticed with EBP
I do feel the slight rocking of the driver seat when you brake.
The engine RPM stays at 1 even when you stop at traffic lights.
The horn sounds like a ship
Remote control lock and unlock sounds are very soft. Sometimes you are not sure if you have locked the car or not.
High engine sound outside was expected. But it gets more louder when you switch your aircon on.
Anything I mention to my inexperienced SA . He says " the car comes like that "

I like
The space inside the car
Pick up in the low gears.
Sound system ( Good for the car price )
Stability of the car. Handling and braking has been good
Air con is good and i like the flow outlets for the 2 back row seats

So far I am satisfied with the buy. What happens in next few months and how the SC service my car?..Wait and see.

ntc2000

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:07 PM

ntc2000

Knight Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,286 posts
QUOTE (ckl1998 @ May 1 2012, 09:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,

Anyone of you having problem on EB driver seat?

My driver seat back can rock backward and forward everytime if I lean or un-lean on it. Did some checks and confirmed that the seat back will rock backward when force is exerted on it and it will rock forward when force is released. Though the movement is very small but it is very annoying especially during driving and breaking and I wonder it is safe.

The other matter is steering off centre. The steering is a bit to the right when holding it on straight road. It looks like when they did the alignment, they didn't lock the steering in centre position. Do you have this problem too?

I haven't sent to SC for checking but need some information from you on this matter.

yes, some is facing that problem as well. they said is seat frame problem.

ntc2000

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:10 PM

ntc2000

Knight Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,286 posts
QUOTE (mantan @ May 1 2012, 07:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Things I noticed with EBP
I do feel the slight rocking of the driver seat when you brake.
seat frame problem, can claim in PESC
The engine RPM stays at 1 even when you stop at traffic lights.
Mine is less than 1, please check at PESC
The horn sounds like a ship
cut cost, only 1 bm horn given. Normally it's come with a pair, but p1 giv 1 unit only.
Remote control lock and unlock sounds are very soft. Sometimes you are not sure if you have locked the car or not.
recent proton using the same module.
High engine sound outside was expected. But it gets more louder when you switch your aircon on.
aircond fan sound... have to live with it sad.gif
Anything I mention to my inexperienced SA . He says " the car comes like that "

I like
The space inside the car
Pick up in the low gears.
Sound system ( Good for the car price )
Stability of the car. Handling and braking has been good
Air con is good and i like the flow outlets for the 2 back row seats

So far I am satisfied with the buy. What happens in next few months and how the SC service my car?..Wait and see.

ckl1998

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:54 PM

ckl1998

6th Gear

• Members
  • 6 posts
Hi,

How about air con? Do you happen to notice that the cooling is up and down? Leave your car in idle state, turn the fan to level 2, put your hand in front of the air outlet and feel the cool air coming out from there. Do you see the cooling is kind of up and down? I notice, the cooling somehow correlated to the engine. If you observe carefully, the cooling power drops when the engine/fan run "slower/quieter" and increases when the engine/fan run "faster/louder". I wonder this is related to the alternator.

Also do you notice the dashboard light will suddenly turn dimmer at the interval where the engine/fan switch from slower/quieter" to faster/louder" and vice versa.

ckwg

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:24 AM

ckwg

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts
QUOTE (ckl1998 @ May 1 2012, 09:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,

How about air con? Do you happen to notice that the cooling is up and down? Leave your car in idle state, turn the fan to level 2, put your hand in front of the air outlet and feel the cool air coming out from there. Do you see the cooling is kind of up and down? I notice, the cooling somehow correlated to the engine. If you observe carefully, the cooling power drops when the engine/fan run "slower/quieter" and increases when the engine/fan run "faster/louder". I wonder this is related to the alternator.

Also do you notice the dashboard light will suddenly turn dimmer at the interval where the engine/fan switch from slower/quieter" to faster/louder" and vice versa.

Hi CKL,

Yes, I have the same experience as you had. Light dimmed little bit then back to normal when engine fan is turned on. This is probably because of change of load on the electrical circuit. I guess the circuit designer didn't put enough capacitors to handle such sudden change of load. But can live with that.

I also noticed the same thing with the aircond, that it oscillates. For me, it is only obvious when the weather is hot, and my air cond temperature knob is turned only 1 tick above 0 (means not cool). Apart from that, not obvious. So I workaround it by always having the temperature knob at least 2 ticks above 0.

My left rear brake light also dimmer than the right rear brake light. SC ordered a new one for me, still waiting.

And I have the most dreaded 1-way-valve problem. Scheduled an appointment with Penang Juru SC next week to get it fixed, was told need to put my car there for at least 3 days.

As I had my exora bold for longer period of time, more negative stuffs pop up sad.gif. But still ok for an 80K car, particularly the pickup power and ample passenger space.

hhc8

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:31 AM

hhc8

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts
Occasionally, doesn't happen everyday, I hear a strange sound like a motorcycle exhaust coming from the right hand side of the car when I turn right. It only last for 1 second.

Initially I thought the sound was from motorcycles or other vehicles but I realised sometimes there were no vehicles around.

Does anyone have this problem?