Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Who Still Got Wira 1.8?

• Please log in to reply

nofear1979

Posted 22 October 2009 - 10:44 PM

nofear1979

Hot Rod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,648 posts
QUOTE (Gunnerzz @ Oct 22 2009, 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wira 1.8 smile_thumbup.gif
Spoiler tiang gol is its famous trademark.
But to find one that is not being mod is hard,hard,hard lah.
I like it as it is.
Couple years back i do see it frequently on the road but now,soo hard.
Even a Putra oso people buang2 like sampah.
No kidding one,i saw one putra being left to rot at a workshop. smile_disapprove.gif

maybe karat already leh.. hehehe...
2012 NMT Vice President - nofear1979

Human Resource Solutions
We provide a comprehensive range of Human Resource (HR) management solutions

Gunnerzz

Posted 22 October 2009 - 10:55 PM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
QUOTE (nofear1979 @ Oct 22 2009, 10:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
maybe karat already leh.. hehehe...

Maybe too.But still,small karat can fix right?
If got 40karat even better smile_big.gif
If u see the car i think u oso sad as the part is salvage one by one.
Dunno if still got engine or not.

If not mistaken the GTI still hav the engine as i can see the radiator.
But who knows maybe they left the radiator but engine is out already.
It is oso equipped with roll cage.

gon1118

Posted 31 October 2009 - 09:06 PM

gon1118

2nd Gear

• Members
  • 2 posts
QUOTE (ShiftVQV6 @ Oct 22 2009, 03:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
how much u pay for the leather?

so the words "recaro" still there?

I spent around RM2600 with 2 type of designed leather c/w double red lined & of coz the most important TM of "RECARO" logo for front & back seated. I'm quiet impressed with the finished works.

ShiftVQV6

Posted 05 November 2009 - 02:34 AM

ShiftVQV6

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,659 posts
wow... worth it if the workmanship is good.....

sometime back, i am thinking to change my car seats to leather one.... but cant find a good workmanship shop in kk. so hold it till now.....

moppy

Posted 20 November 2009 - 09:29 PM

moppy

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,438 posts
I still hv this dinosaur lar....

My dad bought it new after launching within a week. Also getting the car within a week. Originally it's 1.8 SOHC. The car was bought under my brother name and then now my brother sold to me. Well, the registration car still under my brother name. Don't want to go to puspakom la for just only change name. Besides that want to make the registration card looks original too. smile_tongue.gif

Well, there's a lot of changes had been made since the car bought over. Now the car had done over 400,000 km...
Below are the modifications being done.
1. Change to DOHC head.
2. Appearance to new wira look, sarong and skirting.
3. Respray to bit darker color.
4. Cams pulley change to adjustable
5. Lighten crank pulley.
6. Auto GB change to imported 2.0 Galant. Original GB died at around 240, 000km.
7. Change to higher compression piston.
8. Metal Gasket
and some small modification at filter box.

I agree this is one of the best proton car being made.

During the original condition, the most powerful gear at 2nd and also most powerful torque being achieved. I still remember the power at 2nd but now GB being replaced all gone but, not bad at all.

Now with 1st gear still can make my tyre spinning.

At RM76 full tank the millaege is about 400km (city driving)
480km can be achieved in highway.
It's still my daily car.

Uncountable price being paid to service since the car bought over.

Fish

kayef

Posted 14 December 2009 - 02:29 AM

kayef

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Hi,

I have a 1996 Wira 1.8 LE DOHC. Everything stock except lightened crank pulley and drop in air filter and Ecotint tinting. New paint and all the interior recaro and momo stuff still in very good condition. Stock cd changer, exhaust, spoiler, fog lamp, skirting, rims, engine good condition, mileage 220k km, autocruise still working, gear lock still inside, really super stock and ori. How much can I get for this car if I wanted to sell it?

metalbox

Posted 22 January 2010 - 03:28 PM

metalbox

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts
QUOTE (kayef @ Dec 14 2009, 02:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,

I have a 1996 Wira 1.8 LE DOHC. Everything stock except lightened crank pulley and drop in air filter and Ecotint tinting. New paint and all the interior recaro and momo stuff still in very good condition. Stock cd changer, exhaust, spoiler, fog lamp, skirting, rims, engine good condition, mileage 220k km, autocruise still working, gear lock still inside, really super stock and ori. How much can I get for this car if I wanted to sell it?

hi kayef
nice ride u have there smile.gif

my 2 sen estimation is 15-22K
depending on year made/overall condition/accessories/originality/perf parts/etc

just helped my friend bought a 1997 Wira 1.8 LE for 18K... for cash

btw
you can advertise you ride at c99limited.com*

* if the is not sold yet biggrin.gif

lantoi

Posted 09 March 2010 - 04:49 PM

lantoi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts
I still having my '96 Wira 1.8 SOHC. So far, give me excellence service, apart that left me stranded last Christmas at PLUS highway (2nd GB failure)

From there, I changed to recond GB, change Front Disc, lowered using Sapura-Leda springs, Hankook V2 Blackbird tires, steel braided brake hose (RS-pro) and new Front left driveshaft (vibrates). The mechanic accidently damaged my ABS sensor that make the main relay burnt (2 sensors costs rm 560 and relay cost rm 120, not yet repaired). Other than that semua ok.

Now I got dilemma, whether to keep (and spend rm 3000 to change roof, rear boot and complete spray) or sell it off. If sell, how much do I get? Any advise?

Haloooooo...................... !

ShiftVQV6

Posted 10 March 2010 - 09:23 AM

ShiftVQV6

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,659 posts
roof got cancer?

better sell it off and get a new car.... smile_tongue.gif

hazli70

Posted 17 June 2010 - 05:51 PM

hazli70

3rd Gear

• Members
  • 3 posts
Dear Gentlemen,

I have a 1997 wira 1.8 exi SOCH (UK specs). Bought in 2001.
- worst experienced timing belt putus on PLUS hway while doing at 100mph(160kmh) right after overtook another wira after adegan kejar mengejar...end-up got to do top overhaul, all valve gone..
- end 2005, change head to DOHC..but not much different infact the original one was better
- end 2007, repaint same colour (dark green) due to the roof got cancer. Less than a year, cancer came back sad.gif & at the same time also change speed gear/ gearbox
and now, due to the financial limitation, she retire for a while..stay at home, only my wife drive to the nearby shop...due to many complications she has i.e.:
- air-flow sensor
- throttle body
- mounting
- engine oil leaking
- over heating (despite radiator already svs by w/shop, at last DIY then better now)
- 2 tyres need to change (bengkak already)

But overall, this machine had satisfied me during her glory days..the pick-up at the traffic lights or when over taking, climbing hills no issues! pedal to metal easily 180kmh..(but cannot go more than that perhaps speed cut by manufacturer)

Appreciate if you all gentlemen could give me some comments/advice or recommend me the good w/shop with a better price...Thank you