Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

407 Repair Update

• Please log in to reply

rosdimahdi

Posted 23 December 2014 - 12:15 PM

rosdimahdi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts
Hi all,
It's been a very long time since I last contributed to this forum. To cut it short, I had 2 serious problems lately and had them all fixed at my local workshops in Kuantan (non-authorized Peugeot SC, though), since my 6yr-old lion is out-of-warranty already.

1. "Gearbox Faulty" and PRND Alarms. The gearbox was also jerky during gear shifts and sometimes a loud thud sound which made my heart stop beating also could also be heard from the engine.

The remedy:
Changed the Gearbox Electro Valves. The breakdown of the price list is as follows for your reference:

1. Gearbox Electro Valve: RM 250 x 2pcs = RM 500
2. Labour Charge: RM 80
3. Computer diagnosis and fault finding: RM 50
Total: RM 630

Now, all the above problems are gone.

2. Air-cond problem. The blower was ok but the air was not cold. The compressor didn't seem to work at all. The problem was caused by the Air-cond Magnetic Clutch but you could just replace the magnetic coil. According to my workshop, the magnetic coil cost RM 180, but if you replace the whole Magnetic Clutch Set, it would cost RM 280. So, here's the breakdown:

1. Magnetic Clutch Coil: RM 180
2. Change O-Ring R134c: RM 16
3. Add Compressor Oil R134c: RM 45
4. Fill Gas R134c: RM 35
5. Labour charge to re-install Compressor: RM 65
Total: RM 341

I would also like to replace the carbon filter which was RM 70 but they needed to order the parts. Will be done next week.
But for now, the problem is solved. And, one more thing, if you have air-cond problems, bring it straight to a trustworthy air-cond workshop.

I gave you the prices just as a reference so that you won't get cheated by the workshop. If you could find cheaper, then it's good for you.

Hope this helps. Thanks.

sky1228

Posted 13 January 2015 - 05:17 PM

sky1228

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
QUOTE (rosdimahdi @ Dec 23 2014, 12:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi all,
It's been a very long time since I last contributed to this forum. To cut it short, I had 2 serious problems lately and had them all fixed at my local workshops in Kuantan (non-authorized Peugeot SC, though), since my 6yr-old lion is out-of-warranty already.

1. "Gearbox Faulty" and PRND Alarms. The gearbox was also jerky during gear shifts and sometimes a loud thud sound which made my heart stop beating also could also be heard from the engine.

The remedy:
Changed the Gearbox Electro Valves. The breakdown of the price list is as follows for your reference:

1. Gearbox Electro Valve: RM 250 x 2pcs = RM 500
2. Labour Charge: RM 80
3. Computer diagnosis and fault finding: RM 50
Total: RM 630

Now, all the above problems are gone.

2. Air-cond problem. The blower was ok but the air was not cold. The compressor didn't seem to work at all. The problem was caused by the Air-cond Magnetic Clutch but you could just replace the magnetic coil. According to my workshop, the magnetic coil cost RM 180, but if you replace the whole Magnetic Clutch Set, it would cost RM 280. So, here's the breakdown:

1. Magnetic Clutch Coil: RM 180
2. Change O-Ring R134c: RM 16
3. Add Compressor Oil R134c: RM 45
4. Fill Gas R134c: RM 35
5. Labour charge to re-install Compressor: RM 65
Total: RM 341

I would also like to replace the carbon filter which was RM 70 but they needed to order the parts. Will be done next week.
But for now, the problem is solved. And, one more thing, if you have air-cond problems, bring it straight to a trustworthy air-cond workshop.

I gave you the prices just as a reference so that you won't get cheated by the workshop. If you could find cheaper, then it's good for you.

Hope this helps. Thanks.

smile_thumbup.gif Helpful info. Thinking to do the aircond also

rafamr

Posted 24 February 2015 - 08:26 PM

rafamr

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts
Rosdimahdi,

where did you go for your aircon service ?
rafamr

bearuang

Posted 02 March 2015 - 06:27 PM

bearuang

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts
Anyone in KL area having the compressor problem? If you have fix it, let me know the place.
Bearuang