Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Peugeot 508

• Please log in to reply

paperone

Posted 24 October 2014 - 07:19 PM

paperone

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts
Just a case to share on my experience with Geotauto this morning. Anyone been there ever experienced problem with the security guard? Now their whole gang is teaming up against me, they got number to win it. I am just an individual. But I am also trying to gather more number. Customer service professionalism, seriously if I have to rate them, -1. Good car, hell service. Below is the case :

After I make this comment, the friend and staff of Geotauto come in to bomb me together instead of practicing good customer service to apologise or to make matters better. So rest assured that if anything happen to you there, the people there will team up to bully you.

This may be my personal opinion, but then many others I spoke to also tells me the same while I was there and now posting this in PCM I discover I am not the only one experiencing this. I have emailed to Clic so far they were helpful and not bias. I hope the same happens again.

In the post, Kung Pow I suspect is the worker in Geotauto. Mohd Shafwan on the other hand I believe is either a 18 years old boy who is related to the owner Mohd Sultan. I would really love to find out who he is actually. Since he labelled me as thinking with my ass. Customer service at its best. I paid over RM600 for service, to get this kind of treatment.

https://www.facebook...t=photo_comment

camy

Posted 17 November 2014 - 12:32 PM

camy

1st Gear

• Members
  • 1 posts
Anyone encountered Engine Fault problem. My car is 2 years old plus, going to 3 years next year. 6 months ago, while driving to work, suddenly the sign showed: Engine Fault, repaired needed. Then the oil cannot accelerated and the whole car was jerky. After restart few times, finally it can move but still the speed cannot go up and the whole car still jerky. After sent back to HQ to repair for a week plus, thought that the problem was solved. But two months later the sign appeared again: Engine Fault, repaired needed and same thing happen: car was jerky and oil cannot come up even press hard on oil accelerator. Sent back to HQ again but the sign was off, however we insisted to check thoroughly. Even we complaint this to the management, they didn't do anything. Almost two weeks, they called us to collect the car. This time they changed the coil and even the air-con saying the air-con blowing hot air but it was nothing wrong when we sent back. Well, two days later, when my husband started the engine, the whole car was jerky severely and the sign appeared again. The oil didn't come up at all even pressed on the accelerator and the fan sound was loud! Today we sent back to HQ again and made a big complaint that it seemed like they didn't diagnose the problem and fix it. But they gave us a look as in they do not know what to do as well, only gave the standard reply: we will have to check first..... 1.gif OMG, how many times we have to send back and repair???? 1.gif

Anyone can tell us how to solve this? The car has not reached 3 years yet so many problems and cannot be solved. Can't imagine what would happen next. We are so disappointed now!!

Attached Thumbnails

• Peugeot_508.JPG

tun76

Posted 17 November 2014 - 02:55 PM

tun76

2nd Gear

• Members
  • 2 posts
QUOTE (camy @ Nov 17 2014, 12:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyone encountered Engine Fault problem. My car is 2 years old plus, going to 3 years next year. 6 months ago, while driving to work, suddenly the sign showed: Engine Fault, repaired needed. Then the oil cannot accelerated and the whole car was jerky. After restart few times, finally it can move but still the speed cannot go up and the whole car still jerky. After sent back to HQ to repair for a week plus, thought that the problem was solved. But two months later the sign appeared again: Engine Fault, repaired needed and same thing happen: car was jerky and oil cannot come up even press hard on oil accelerator. Sent back to HQ again but the sign was off, however we insisted to check thoroughly. Even we complaint this to the management, they didn't do anything. Almost two weeks, they called us to collect the car. This time they changed the coil and even the air-con saying the air-con blowing hot air but it was nothing wrong when we sent back. Well, two days later, when my husband started the engine, the whole car was jerky severely and the sign appeared again. The oil didn't come up at all even pressed on the accelerator and the fan sound was loud! Today we sent back to HQ again and made a big complaint that it seemed like they didn't diagnose the problem and fix it. But they gave us a look as in they do not know what to do as well, only gave the standard reply: we will have to check first..... 1.gif OMG, how many times we have to send back and repair???? 1.gif

Anyone can tell us how to solve this? The car has not reached 3 years yet so many problems and cannot be solved. Can't imagine what would happen next. We are so disappointed now!!

Hi,
Sorry to hear that you are facing difficulty with your 508. I had the same issue of my 508. First it started out with the spark plugs(engine jerking and faulty engine comes out), then the ignition coil number 2 and 4 was faulty, then finally the high pressure pump had to be replaced. My 508 is already 2 years old.. Luckily the mechanics at Peugeot Puchong were reliable in handling this issues. Btw, where did you send your 508for repairs?

henrygan83

Posted 24 December 2014 - 12:10 PM

henrygan83

2nd Gear

• Members
  • 2 posts
my car is 508 premium, 2 years and 4 month, and i have facing this kind of problem as below i list out and have complain it by April 2014 until today :-

1) not smooth when changing gear, 1st gear to 2nd gear ( same when i use auto or manual ), and no force sometime, sometime when i press accelerator a little harder when it feel no force, after than it rush to forward suddenly, this case have happen few times and make me almost accident when driving in the traffic jam.

2) when release the accelerator, there have strong jerking on gear 4 to gear 3, and to gear 2 also.

3) car no force when switch on air-condition, and jerking.

4) have impact sound when drive on the no smooth's road, something wrong with the shock absorbers / car suspension, this case i have complain before with person in-charge start from the year of 2013, he say already solve the problem, but problem still there.

6) the bluetooth, when i use it for phone car, the other side will feel like i'm standing far away to answer the phone, and sound not clear.

7) car vibrate when waiting, engine molting have problem.

8) when i switch the gear to D or R, and press the accelerator slowly, the car engine was like almost switch off, no force at all.

9) when in P or N gear, i press the accelerator to RPM 1000, the car engine was vibrate and no smooth.

and today is 24/12/2014, im sitting inside the waiting room of Glaimarie service center typing this, appointment for charging engine molting (i leave my car 3 to for 4 days for checking around 4 to 5 time start from April, then they say is engine moulting issue) i arrive on 9:20am this morning, and now is 12:00pm, my car still at front of the main door, haven't start to repair yet.

just 1 thing i can say, BAD SERVICE, TERRIBLE, DISAPPOINT~

ratchetguy

Posted 17 March 2015 - 08:27 PM

ratchetguy

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts
Hi guys, sorry to hear all the problems you're facing.
I on the other hand am quite happy with my 508.
I know that there's no perfect car for us, especially with the limited budget we have.
I believe this car is a good value for money. It worth every cents.. IMHO.

I bought the car in 2012. Now already clocked more than120k km and no major issue so far. I've driven many cars before... BMW, Honda, Nissan, Ford, Kia and Proton.
And this car is one of the best thus far. To me it's very comfortable and quite enjoyable to drive. Very fuel efficient as well.
I love the interior design, engine performance, comfortable ride and the luxury look.

Note: I also faced with minor issues, but it was well sorted out by the SC free of charge, under warranty. Nothing bordering me much as my other cars were also full of problems (minor & major).

Regards...

Fast & Furious...!

ratchetguy

Posted 17 March 2015 - 09:02 PM

ratchetguy

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts
Guys,
Just sharing my friend's 508 video... just enjoy bros.... smile_thumbup.gif

Peugeot 508 vs Drone...

Thanks for watching...
Fast & Furious...!

kevcrave

Posted 11 December 2015 - 11:23 AM

kevcrave

1st Gear

• Members
  • 1 posts

Hi all,

Have anyone of u encounter the same problem?

Fuel level was low when i start my car and suddenly it shows 'gearbox failure'. Then when i switch to D position, the whole car jerk. After that when i move, only 3rd gear is working. I was kinda scare at that time as it was really bad traffic. (i dont wish to stop at the road side waiting for help)

Then i pull over and stop my 508s engine for refueling. After refueling, it went back to normal and no faulty msg at all. Till now i dont even dare to drive my 508 anywhere far.

Need advise from all the 508 owner here :(  :(

alextong99

Posted 24 February 2016 - 01:41 AM

alextong99

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
. sorry wrong post

crimson

Posted 01 April 2016 - 06:22 PM

crimson

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

QUOTE (madrazcbr @ Jun 22 2012, 11:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Help help help ... my car is almost reaching 13500km ... when I go over hump really slowly ... there is a squeaky sound from the front part ... sound like coming from suspension area ... could it be the absorber ...

Anybody having this problem ... what is the solution ...

PS: GT looks nice but for RM200K it is out of budget for most people including me ...

Squeaks are really tricky man.... gotta really pinpoint where its coming from by eliminating possible sources one by one. Even then, unless you can fix it yourself, gotta make sure you drive the point home with the SC otherwise they won't bother much.

I've the following currently:

1) intermittent loud rattle from front camera housing (below the rear view mirror)
2) buzzing sound from front LED dome lamp area
3) intermittent slight rattle from steering/meter area
4) clicking sound from driver's seat (since new but with some spraying its now very rare that I hear it)

Since I've only clocked 7k+, am waiting for the 10km service to (hopefully!) get it all fixed.

Anybody have any of the same?

Wheelz

>>1) intermittent loud rattle from front camera housing (below the rear view mirror)

How did you get this fixed?

crimson