Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Driving From Kl To Singapore

• Please log in to reply

Jaime

Posted 13 November 2009 - 05:40 PM

Jaime

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,750 posts
Would like to know what to bring / procedure / charges to drive into Singapore for a few days visit?
Latest info would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Regards,
Jaime @ AW

SplitFire

Posted 13 November 2009 - 06:35 PM

SplitFire

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,878 posts
QUOTE (Jaime @ Nov 13 2009, 05:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Would like to know what to bring / procedure / charges to drive into Singapore for a few days visit?
Thanks.

Passport for every person is a must. smile_big.gif

Upon entering Singapore custom, when verify passport that time, the officer will instruct you to park at a RTA office somewhere ahead after an uphill. Plenty of signboard to instruct you in order to apply that AUTOPASS for entering Singapore. Once park infront of RTA office, attendant will write your car number plate on a pcs of paper then the driver will need to go into the office situated just in front of public toilet to apply that AUTOPASS. Prepare at least S$20 although that pass only S$10 with some credit inside, might have some other charges but can remember already. This AUTOPASS is a Cashcard that can be top up at any 7-11 island wide with S$0.50 charge as service charges. It can use to pay at most participating outlet or use at major carpark in shopping centres. Just make sure there's sufficient fund inside.

Top up at least with some S$30(estimate, to play safe) credit upon leaving Singapore as you'll need to slot into a machine for TOL & ERP charges for the days you're in Singapore, while verifying your passport at the counter. There's no way to top up at the custom. Normal daily charge for entering Singapore is S$30 per day. But all Malaysian vehicles entitle 10 working days free. Sunday & Public holidays are also free.

You can keep the AUTOPASS for next visit. But every year after you've re-new your roadtax, you'll need to update again at the RTA office before entering Singapore again.

Have a nice trip. smile_wink.gif
Ram me if you can!

SplitFire

vr2turbo

Posted 13 November 2009 - 06:43 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (SplitFire @ Nov 13 2009, 06:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Passport for every person is a must. smile_big.gif

Upon entering Singapore custom, when verify passport that time, the officer will instruct you to park at a RTA office somewhere ahead after an uphill. Plenty of signboard to instruct you in order to apply that AUTOPASS for entering Singapore. Once park infront of RTA office, attendant will write your car number plate on a pcs of paper then the driver will need to go into the office situated just in front of public toilet to apply that AUTOPASS. Prepare at least S$20 although that pass only S$10 with some credit inside, might have some other charges but can remember already. This AUTOPASS is a Cashcard that can be top up at any 7-11 island wide with S$0.50 charge as service charges. It can use to pay at most participating outlet or use at major carpark in shopping centres. Just make sure there's sufficient fund inside.

Top up at least with some S$30(estimate, to play safe) credit upon leaving Singapore as you'll need to slot into a machine for TOL & ERP charges for the days you're in Singapore, while verifying your passport at the counter. There's no way to top up at the custom. Normal daily charge for entering Singapore is S$30 per day. But all Malaysian vehicles entitle 10 working days free. Sunday & Public holidays are also free.

You can keep the AUTOPASS for next visit. But every year after you've re-new your roadtax, you'll need to update again at the RTA office before entering Singapore again.

Have a nice trip. smile_wink.gif

I remember needing a lot of parking ticket. Even some areas is 24 hours parking. No free status.... smile_blackeye.gif

kohf1drive

Posted 13 November 2009 - 07:16 PM

kohf1drive

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts
Ensure your road tax is still valid before enter else the officer ask you to turn back (till Jb custom) then take public transport to enter singapore
If bring commercial goods need to declare at red lane (get the invoice to stamp n pay the 7% GST)
Don't stop by before the old Jb custom that got stall which help you fill the white card as it can be collect at Sg custom for free

darreltian

Posted 13 November 2009 - 09:57 PM

darreltian

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,823 posts
QUOTE (Jaime @ Nov 13 2009, 05:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks.

park in jb and get a sporean fren to drive u in....no hassle at all and worry of getting lost smile_approve.gif

vr2turbo

Posted 13 November 2009 - 10:04 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (darreltian @ Nov 13 2009, 09:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
park in jb and get a sporean fren to drive u in....no hassle at all and worry of getting lost smile_approve.gif

The last time I went by road (long ago), I park in JB friend house, and JB friend drove me in. Drop me off at SG cousin house and he went back to JB. 3 days later he came in again to take us back. Salute to this friend....... smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif

Now, I see many AW members are from JB. Can do trip to JB for tt...... smile_tongue.gif

littlevil

Posted 13 November 2009 - 11:11 PM

littlevil

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts
Just to correct bro. SF post.. smile_sleepy.gif

Upon entering Singapore custom, when verify passport that time, the officer will instruct you to park at a RTA office somewhere ahead after an uphill.

The office is actually located before an uphill, after the uphill is the place where they will check your boot.

There's no way to top up at the custom. Normal daily charge for entering Singapore is S$30 per day. But all Malaysian vehicles entitle 10 working days free. Sunday & Public holidays are also free.

You can top up at the custom by going to the office, but you'll be charged a penalty at S$10 smile_dead.gif

Normal daily charge for entering Singapore is S$20 per day. Toll is S$1.20 for private car. For more details please click the links below, link1 and link2.

Enjoy your trip smile_cool.gif

SplitFire

Posted 14 November 2009 - 01:26 AM

SplitFire

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,878 posts
QUOTE (littlevil @ Nov 13 2009, 11:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just to correct bro. SF post.. smile_sleepy.gif

The office is actually located before an uphill, after the uphill is the place where they will check your boot.

You can top up at the custom by going to the office, but you'll be charged a penalty at S$10 smile_dead.gif

Normal daily charge for entering Singapore is S$20 per day. Toll is S$1.20 for private car. For more details please click the links below, link1 and link2.

Enjoy your trip smile_cool.gif

Eh...S$20 ar... smile_big.gif I never pay before. Always use free pass or go in during Sunday.

Yup is before uphill. My bad. smile_blush.gif
Ram me if you can!

SplitFire

vr2turbo

Posted 17 November 2009 - 03:03 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (SplitFire @ Nov 14 2009, 01:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Eh...S$20 ar... smile_big.gif I never pay before. Always use free pass or go in during Sunday.

Yup is before uphill. My bad. smile_blush.gif

You must have jalan, that is why no need to pay...... smile_big.gif
How can you give wrong info? If not from JB, then can excuse, now cannot....ha! ha! biggrin.gif

TheGunner

Posted 17 November 2009 - 03:19 PM

TheGunner

Knight Rider

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,953 posts
QUOTE (darreltian @ Nov 13 2009, 09:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You won't get lost, but your car might! smile_tongue.gif

I'm heading down to S'pore for the marathon next month, but my car will park at my brother's place. smile_big.gif smile_thumbup.gif
The Gunner

Proud to be a Gunner